- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
- Top Prospects of adidas Nations
Blazers’ Aldridge leaves with back injury
- Updated: March 13, 2014
SAN ANTONIO — Trail Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge was carried off the court after sustaining a back injury early in the third quarter of Portland’s game against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday.
The team announced that Aldridge sustained a back contusion and that he would not return to the game.
Aldridge was driving the basket when he ran into Spurs center Aron Baynes and landed on his back. The Portland All-Star lay on the floor for several minutes holding his right leg before being helped off the court.
Entering the night, Aldridge was averaging 23.6 points and 11.2 rebounds per game. He missed five games in late February due to a left groin strain, but he returned to score in double figures in each of his first six games in March.
» MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB