|Guerschon Yabusele (stretch)||$1,039,080|
|Max Strus (waived)||$415,000|
|Demetrius Jackson (stretched)||$92,857|
|Tacko Fall (two-way)|
|Tremont Waters (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap. Hard capped by the Kemba Walker sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kemba Walker, Brad Wanamaker, Carsen Edwards, Tremont Waters (two-way)
SG: Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Romeo Langford, Javonte Green
SF: Gordon Hayward, Grant Williams
PF: Jayson Tatum, Semi Ojeleye
C: Daniel Theis, Enes Kanter, Robert Williams, Vincent Poirier, Tacko Fall (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Enes Kanter)
Waived Players: Guerschon Yabusele (stretched), John Bohannon, Bryce Brown, Kaiser Gates, Justin Bibbs, Yante Maten, Dorian Pickens, Max Strus
Traded Players: Kyrie Irving (via sign and trade)
G-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
Two-Way Contracts: Tremont Waters, Tacko Fall
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal; three-year extension added on in May 2016)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Scott Morrison, Micah Shrewsberry, Jerome Allen, Kara Lawson, Brandon Bailey, Joe Mazzullato
Performance: Art Horne
- Danny Ainge — president of basketball operations
- Mike Zarren — assistant general manager & team counsel
- Austin Ainge — director of player personnel
- David Lewin — director of scouting
- Adam Lewin — basketball operations assistant
- David Sparks — director of basketball analytics
- 2020 — Owed a first-rounder (top-six protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2020 — Owed a first-rounder (top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from the Milwaukee Bucks (Eric Bledsoe, Ty Jerome).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Jabari Bird).
- 2020 — Owed the lower second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets or the New York Knicks, via trade with the Philadelphia 76ers (Anzejs Pasecniks, Timofey Mozgov, Kyrie Irving).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 5/14/19 — Received the 14th (from the Sacramento Kings) pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/12/19 — Aron Baynes opted into his $5,453,280 salary.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Romeo Langford (14th), Matisse Thybulle (20th), Grant Williams (22nd) and Tremont Waters (51st).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Matisse Thybulle (20th) to the Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Ty Jerome (24th) and Carsen Edwards (33rd).
- 6/29/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Daniel Theis and Terry Rozier. Declined to extend qualifying offer to Brad Wanamaker and Jonathan Gibson.
- 7/1/19 — Semi Ojeleye’s $1,618,520 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced the Rights to Al Horford, Marcus Morris, Brad Wanamaker, Jonathan Gibson, PJ Dozier, RJ Hunter and Shane Larkin.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Aron Baynes and the rights to Ty Jerome (24th) to the Phoenix Suns for a 2020 first-rounder (Milwaukee Bucks).
- 7/6/19 — Sent Terry Rozier via sign and trade to the Charlotte Hornets for a 2020 second-rounder and Kemba Walker, also via sign and trade on a four-year $140,790,600 contract.
- 7/10/19 — Waived and stretched the contract of Guerschon Yabusele.
- 7/11/19 — Signed Romeo Langford (2019-14th) to a $16,528,217 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/11/19 — Signed Grant Williams (2019-22nd) to a $11,802,681 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/19 — Signed Carsen Edwards (2019-33rd) to a four-year $6,459,309 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/13/19 — Revoked qualifying offer to Daniel Theis.
- 7/13/19 — Signed Vincent Poirier to a two-year $5,125,000 contract.
- 7/16/19 — Re-signed Daniel Theis to a partially-guaranteed two-year $10 million contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Enes Kanter to a two-year $9,772,350 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/17/19 — Re-signed Brad Wanamaker to a one-year $1,445,697 minimum contract.
- 7/18/19 — Signed Max Strus to a two-way contract.
- 7/25/19 — Signed Tremont Waters (2019-51st) to a two-way contract.
- 7/25/19 — Signed Tacko Fall to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/25/19 — Signed Javonte Green to a non/partially-guaranteed $2,416,291 contract.
- 9/24/19 — Signed Bryce Brown to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/26/19 — Signed John Bohannon to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/19 — Waived John Bohannon and Bryce Brown.
- 9/30/19 — Signed Yante Maten to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/30/19 — Signed Kaiser Gates to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/13/19 — Converted Tacko Fall to a two-way contract.
- 10/14/19 — Picked up Jayson Tatum’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/11/19 — Signed Max Strus to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,416,291 minimum contract after ending his two-way.
- 10/18/19 — Waived Kaiser Gates.
- 10/18/19 — Signed Justin Bibbs to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Justin Bibbs.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Dorian Pickens to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Yante Maten, Max Strus and Dorian Pickens.
- 10/21/19 — Signed Jaylen Brown to a four-year $115 million extension (incentives).
- 10/31/19 — Picked up Robert Williams’ third-year rookie-scale option.
- 1/10/20 — Javonte Green’s $898,310 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
- Kemba Walker — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
Arena: TD Garden
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/18/20)