|Elliot Williams (waived)||$80,000|
|Jorge Gutierrez (expired 10-days)||$111,444|
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$39.7 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 remaining unused
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Jeremy Lin)
- Trade Exception (Matt Barnes, expiring 6/25/16) — $646,250
- Trade Exception (Luke Ridnour, expiring 6/25/16) — $548,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lin, Jorge Gutierrez
SG: Courtney Lee, Troy Daniels, Aaron Harrison
SF: Nicolas Batum, Jeremy Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (injured)
PF: Marvin Williams, Frank Kaminsky, Spencer Hawes, Tyler Hansbrough
C: Cody Zeller, Al Jefferson
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Bird: Jeffery Taylor
- Non-Bird: Jason Maxiell
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/22/16 — Player option for Jeremy Lin.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/25/16 — Matt Barnes $646k and Luke Ridnour $549k trade exceptions expire.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline for Troy Daniels and Jorge Gutierrez.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Cody Zeller.
- 10/31/16 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 1/10/17 — Aaron Harrison’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/26/17 — Player option for Spencer Hawes.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cody Zeller and Aaron Harrison.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/22/18 — Player option for Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Frank Kaminsky.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/15/15 — Al Jefferson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/15/15 — Traded Lance Stephenson to Los Angeles Clippers for Matt Barnes and Spencer Hawes.
- 6/17/15 — Gerald Henderson opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Gerald Henderson and Noah Vonleh to Portland Trail Blazers for Nicolas Batum.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Matt Barnes to Memphis Grizzlies for Luke Ridnour.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour and a conditional 2016 second-rounder (31-55 range, unprotected in 2017) to Oklahoma City for Jeremy Lamb.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Frank Kaminsky with the ninth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th) to Brooklyn Nets for a 2018 second-rounder, a 2019 second-rounder and $880k in cash.
- 7/2/15 — Signed Frank Kaminsky to an $11.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Jeremy Lin to a two-year, $4.4 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Aaron Harrison to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Tyler Hansbrough to a one-year, $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 7/28/15 — Signed Elliot Williams to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($80k) $2.3 million minimum contract.
- 8/26/15 — Signed Michael Kidd-Gilchrist to a four-year, $52 million extension with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, player option on final season.
- 9/15/15 — Signed Sam Thompson to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/15/15 — Signed Jason Washburn to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/16/16 — Signed Damien Wilkins to a non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 11/2/15 — Picked up team option on Cody Zeller.
- 11/2/15 — Declined team option on P.J. Hairston.
- 11/2/15 — Signed Jeremy Lamb to a three-year, $21 million extension.
- 12/2/15 — Signed Coach Steve Clifford to a contract extension.
- 1/10/16 — Aaron Harrison’s $525k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 2/16/16 — Traded P.J. Hairston and two second-rounders (2018 and Brooklyn Nets’ 2019) to Memphis Grizzlies for Courtney Lee and $543k, and Brian Roberts to Miami Heat.
- 2/20/16 — Signed Jorge Gutierrez to a $55.7k, 10-day contract.
- 3/1/16 — Signed Jorge Gutierrez to a $55.7k, 10-day contract.
- 3/11/16 — Signed Jorge Gutierrez for the rest of the season at $189,455.
Waived Players: Jason Washburn, Damien Wilkins, Elliot Williams, Sam Thompson
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season, extension TBD)
Assistants: Patrick Ewing (Associate Head Coach), Stephen Silas, Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Rich Cho — General Manager
- Chad Buchanan — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Jordan — Director, Player Personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — Basketball Analytics
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Theo Ratliff).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (31-55 range) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Jeremy Lamb).
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet). Pick may instead be from Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Courtney Lee).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $542,714 (from Memphis Grizzlies, Courtney Lee)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Tyrus Thomas.
D-League Affiliate: None
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/19/16)