|Marcus Paige (two-way)|
Quick: Currently over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Mid-Level Exception: $4,890,385 (partially used on Michael Carter-Williams, Dwayne Bacon)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kemba Walker, Marcus Paige (two-way), Julyan Stone (injured), Michael Carter-Williams (injured)
SG: Jeremy Lamb, Treveon Graham, Malik Monk, Nicolas Batum (injured)
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Dwayne Bacon
PF: Marvin Williams, Guillermo Hernangomez
C: Dwight Howard, Frank Kaminsky, Mangok Mathiang, Cody Zeller (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, Noel Gillespie coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Marcus Paige, Mangok Mathiang
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Steve Clifford (signed three-year, $6 million contract starting for 13-14 season, extension agreed to in December 2015)
Assistants: Stephen Silas (associate head coach), Bob Weiss, Pat Delany, Bruce Kreutzer, Steve Hetzel, Mike Batiste, Eddie Jordan
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Mitch Kupchak — general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- Jason Rosenfeld — basketball analytics
- 2018 — Owed second rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet) or Cleveland Cavaliers (Andrei Kirilenko). Philadelphia 76ers (Keith Bogans, Andrei Kirilenko) will get the higher pick, the lower will go to Charlotte.
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Courtney Lee), Orlando Magic or Houston Rockets. Memphis gets highest of Charlotte Hornets, Miami Heat and their own pick, Orlando (Troy Daniels, Elfrid Payton) receives second highest and Rockets (Dillon Brooks) get lowest.
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 4/17/17 — Declined option on Christian Wood’s final season.
- 6/20/17 — Traded Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli and the 41st pick to Atlanta Hawks for Dwight Howard and the 31st pick.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Malik Monk (11th)
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Frank Jackson (2017-31st) to New Orleans Pelicans for the rights to Dwayne Bacon (2017-40th) and $1.8 million.
- 6/30/17 — Declined option on Ramon Sessions’ final season.
- 7/2/16 — Signed Malik Monk (2017-11th) to a $15,726,038 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Dwayne Bacon (2017-40th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,812,377 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Michael Carter-Williams to a one-year, $2.7 million contract.
- 8/1/17 — Johnny O’Bryant $1,524,305 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 8/2/17 — Signed T.J. Williams to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Isaiah Hicks to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Marcus Paige to a one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/2/17 — Signed Mangok Mathiang to a two-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/23/17 — Signed Julyan Stone to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,180,397 contract.
- 9/15/17 — Signed Terry Henderson to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/17/17 — Signed Luke Petrasek to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/29/17 — Picked up team option for Frank Kaminsky.
- 1/10/18 — Treveon Graham’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 2/7/18 — Traded Johnny O’Bryant, a 2020 second-rounder and a 2021 second-rounder to New York Knicks for Guillermo Hernangomez.
- 2/20/18 — Announced Rich Cho will not be retained.
- 4/8/18 — Hired Mitch Kupchak as general manager.
- 4/13/18 — Fired Coach Steve Clifford.
Waived Players: Briante Weber, Terry Henderson, Isaiah Hicks, T.J. Williams, Luke Petrasek
Traded Players: Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli, Johnny O’Bryant
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
Arena: Spectrum Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Brian Roberts ($1,471,382), Christian Wood ($1,471,382)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/3/18)