Advertisement

NBA Chat With Oliver Maroney – 01/05/17

Join Basketball Insiders’ Columnist and Writer Oliver Maroney for his weekly NBA chat on Thursday, January 5th, 2017, at 5:00 p.m ET. Oliver will be answering any and all questions related to the league, including how your favorite team or player fared in our MVP and team power rankings.

1. Tay Jordan

If OKC meets GS in the 2nd round how do you you see that series going? Does OKC have a chance?

• Oliver Maroney

Any team always has a chance. But it would be very, very difficult. This Warriors’ team is one of the best I’ve ever seen. The amount of talent and versatility on their team is incredible. I find it very hard to see Oklahoma City winning against Golden State in the playoffs.

2. Fred

What is nikola jokic’s potential. Star, superstar

• Oliver Maroney

Jokic is one of the best passing big men in the league. His ability to pass out of the post and score inside is rare. I think he can become a superstar but he’s got to improve his confidence and play more. He’s young and needs to grow his post moves, defense, and rebounding capabilities. It’s not that he’s bad at them, I just feel there is room to improve with Jokic. He can be an All-Star in this league.