NBA Chat With Oliver Maroney – 12/29

Please enable Javascript to watch this video

Join Basketball Insiders’ Columnist and Writer Oliver Maroney for his weekly NBA chat on Thursday, December 29th, 2016, at 5:00 p.m ET. Oliver will be answering any and all questions related to the league, including how your favorite team or player fared in our MVP and team power rankings.

1. super jeepney

whats your take on jordan clarkson? should the lakers trade him
    now while
    value is still
    unknown or should they keep him?

• Oliver Maroney

It depends on the market. I love Clarkson, but I don’t know if he fits in with this Lakers roster long term. He’s an excellent scorer with tons of talent, but I still feel like his role with this team isn’t consistent. The way he and the team plays this upcoming month may be a telling sign on whether he’ll get moved.

2. super jeepney

is cousins really a hard player build around a team on? should the kings trade him now?

• Oliver Maroney

I don’t think Cousins is a hard player to build around. His problem is unfortunately in Sacaramento. He’s been there six years and had six different coaches with a front office that hasn’t put enough pieces around him. I think his attitude certainly needs to change, but I don’t think he’s all to blame. Winning cures a lot of emotions and we have yet to see how Cousins would react to a winning culture. Could it be his fault? Sure. But we won’t ever know until he leaves Sacramento.

3. JimInCyberspace

Oliver,

The perennially dysfunctional Kings have a better record than the Trail Blazers…how did this happen?

• Oliver Maroney

The Blazers have had one of the toughest schedules in the league and they’ve also suffered multiple injuries. The Kings have started to gain some confidence and haven’t had the detrimental injuries like Portland has had.

That being said, I expect the Kings to come back down to earth while the Blazers should be progressing. Portland has one of the easiest schedules after the All-Star break and should start to see more continuity as they get healthier.

4. shaqnosis

do Memphis need a trade, they are getting old and brittle..

• Oliver Maroney

Memphis has been great! I don’t think they need to do anything. I love what Fizdale has done with this core and Marc Gasol is playing some of the best of his career. Don’t forget, Brandan Wright is going to coming back from injury and they’ve got some young talent on their bench. I don’t think a move needs to be made in Memphis.