|Dwyane Wade (waived)||$15,550,000|
|Quincy Pondexter (waived)||$3,853,931|
|Rajon Rondo (waived)||$3,000,000|
|Tony Allen (waived)||$1,471,382|
|Willie Reed (waived)||$1,471,382|
|Kay Felder (waived)||$489,448|
|Isaiah Canaan (waived)||$200,000|
|Jarell Eddie (expired 10-day)||$83,129|
|C.J. Fair (waived)||$82,944|
|Diamond Stone (waived)||$50,000|
|Jarell Eddie (waived)||$17,224|
|Antonio Blakeney (two-way)|
|Ryan Arcidiacono (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap but can get to $8.9 million under; hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Trade Exception (Jimmy Butler, expiring 6/22/18) — $861,893
- Trade Exception (Nikola Mirotic, expiring 2/1/19) — $8,994,767
- Trade Exception (Jameer Nelson, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,429,818
- Mid-Level Exception: $1,627,609 (Justin Holiday, Sean Kilpatrick)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Note: Trade exceptions would be renounced if team goes under the cap.
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Cameron Payne, Jerian Grant, Ryan Arcidiacono (two-way), Kris Dunn (injured)
SG: Justin Holiday, David Nwaba, Sean Kilpatrick, Antonio Blakeney (two-way, injured), Zach LaVine (injured)
SF: Denzel Valentine, Paul Zipser
PF: Lauri Markkanen, Bobby Portis, Noah Vonleh
C: Cristiano Felicio, Robin Lopez, Omer Asik
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president, Brian Hagen general manager, Charlie Henry head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Antonio Blakeney (two-year), Ryan Arcidiacono (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg (five-year, $25 million deal, starting with 2015/16 season)
Assistants: Jim Boylen (associate head coach), Randy Brown, Mike Wilhelm, Peter Myers, Nate Loenser
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka, Chip Schaefer (director of sports performance), Arnold Lee (assistant athletic trainer), Armando Rivas (assistant athletic trainer), Matt Johnson (strength coach), Ed Streit (assistant strength coach)
- Gar Forman — general manager
- Doug Collins — senior advisor of basketball operations
- Randy Brown — assistant general manager
- Brian Hagen — assistant general manager
- John Paxson — director of basketball operations
- Jay Hillock — director of pro personnel
- Shawn Respert — director of player development
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, top-eight in 2019, top-10 in 2020, top-9 in 2021, top-six in 2022, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) from New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Taj Gibson, Carmelo Anthony).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Jose Calderon).
- 2021 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with Detroit Pistons (Jameer Nelson), may go to Memphis Grizzlies (James Ennis).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $2.5 million from New Orleans Pelicans (Quincy Pondexter); $2.6 million from Portland Trail Blazers — $0 remaining
- 6/22/17 — Traded Jimmy Butler and the rights to Justin Patton (2017-16th) to Minnesota Timberwolves for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the rights to Lauri Markkanen (2017-7th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Jordan Bell (2017-38th) to Golden State Warriors for $3.5 million.
- 6/28/17 — Issued qualifying offers to Nikola Mirotic, Joffrey Lauvergne and Cristiano Felicio.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Lauri Markkanen (2017-7th) to a $20.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Cristiano Felicio to a four-year, $32 million contract.
- 7/8/17 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Joffrey Lauvergne.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Justin Holiday to a two-year, $9,000,001 million contract.
- 7/14/17 — Claimed David Nwaba off waivers (Los Angeles Lakers).
- 7/14/17 — Signed Antonio Blakeney to a two-way contract.
- 9/1/17 — Traded the rights to Ater Majok (2011-58th) to New Orleans Pelicans for Quincy Pondexter, a 2018 second-rounder and $2.5 million.
- 9/13/17 — Signed Diamond Stone to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,857,562 contract.
- 9/21/17 — Signed Jarell Eddie to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,524,305 summer contract.
- 9/21/17 — Signed Jaylen Johnson to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Nikola Mirotic to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $27 million contract (with incentives TBD), team option on final season.
- 9/27/17 — Signed Bronson Koenig to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/27/17 — Picked up team options for Denzel Valentine, Kris Dunn, Bobby Portis, Cameron Payne and Jerian Grant.
- 1/10/18 — David Nwaba’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lifted on Cristiano Felicio and Nikola Mirotic.
- 2/1/18 — Picked up team option on Nikola Mirotic.
- 2/1/18 — Traded Nikola Mirotic and a 2018 second-rounder (the New Orleans Pelicans’ own pick) to the Pelicans for Omer Asik, Tony Allen, Jameer Nelson, a protected 2018 first-rounder and 2021 second-rounder swap rights for Nikola Mirotic and a 2018 second-rounder (the Pelicans’ own pick).
- 2/8/17 — Traded Jameer Nelson to Detroit Pistons for Willie Reed and 2022 second-round swap rights.
- 2/8/18 — Traded the rights to Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th) to Portland Trail Blazers for Noah Vonleh and $2.6 million.
- 2/23/18 — Taj Gibson trade exception expired.
- 3/1/18 — Signed Jarell Eddie to a 10-day, $86,119 contract.
- 3/24/18 — Signed Jaylen Johnson for the rest of the season at $87,552.
- 3/25/18 — Signed C.J. Fair for the rest of the season at $82,944.
- 3/26/18 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a partially-guaranteed $6,272,718 contract.
Waived Players: Rajon Rondo, Isaiah Canaan, Dwyane Wade, Jarell Eddie, Diamond Stone, Jaylen Johnson, Bronson Koenig, Kay Felder, Quincy Pondexter, Willie Reed, Tony Allen, Jaylen Johnson, C.J. Fair
Traded Players: Jimmy Butler, Nikola Mirotic, Jameer Nelson, C.J. Fair
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Jarell Eddie
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd), Albert Miralles (2004-39th)
Arena: United Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/3/18)