|Wendell Carter Jr.||$5,201,400|
|Antonio Blakeney (waived)||$1,488,231|
|Adam Mokoka (two-way)|
|Max Strus (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap. Hard-capped via the Tomas Satoransky sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Tomas Satoransky, Coby White, Ryan Arcidiacono, Shaquille Harrison
SG: Kris Dunn, Denzel Valentine, Adam Mokoka (two-way), Max Strus (two-way, injured)
SF: Zach LaVine, Chandler Hutchison, Otto Porter (injured)
PF: Thaddeus Young, Lauri Markkanen (injured)
C: Luke Kornet, Cristiano Felicio, Daniel Gafford, Wendell Carter Jr. (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $2,517,000 (Luke Kornet)
Waived Players: Shaquille Harrison, Walter Lemon Jr., Antonio Blakeney, Perrion Callendret, Milton Doyle, Justin Simon. Simisola Shittu, Luol Deng
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president, Brian Hagen general manager, Charlie Henry head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Adam Mokoka, Max Strus
Head Coach: Jim Boylen
Assistants: Dean Cooper, Chris Fleming, Nate Loenser, Roy Rogers, Karen Stack Umlauf
Director of player development: Shawn Respert
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka, Chip Schaefer (director of performance health), Arnold Lee (assistant athletic trainer), Matthew Johnson (strength coach), Geoffrey Puls (assistant strength coach)
- Arturas Karnisovas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — general manager
- Pat Connelly — vice president of player personnel
- Brian Hagen — associate general manager
- JJ Polk — assistant general manager
- Steve Weinman — assistant general manager
- Jim Paxson — director of pro personnel
- Doug Collins — senior advisor of basketball operations
- John Paxon — senior advisor of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Memphis Grizzlies (Justin Holiday), may go to the Houston Rockets (56-60 range, Michael Carter-Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot)
- 2020 — Owe the higher second-rounder between the Memphis Grizzlies and Bulls (56-60) to the Washington Wizards (Tomas Satoransky).
- 2021 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with the New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with the Detroit Pistons (Jameer Nelson), may go to the Memphis Grizzlies (James Ennis). May swap with the Los Angeles Lakers via the Washington Wizards (Tomas Satoransky).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Washington Wizards (Otto Porter).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 5/3/19 — Extended the contract of Coach Jim Boylan.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 7th and 38th (from the Memphis Grizzlies) picks in the draft lottery.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Coby White (7th) and Daniel Gafford (38th).
- 6/25/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Ryan Arcidiacono. Declined to extend qualifying offer to Wayne Selden.
- 6/26/19 — Omer Asik’s remaining $3 million salary removed from the team’s cap (medical retirement).
- 7/1/19 — Signed Coby White (2019-7th) to a $24,131,515 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/19 — Signed Adam Mokoka to a two-way contract.
- 7/6/19 — Waived Shaquille Harrison and Walter Lemon Jr.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced Robin Lopez, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Wayne Selden, Rawle Atkins and Brandon Sampson.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Thaddeus Young to a partially-guaranteed three-year $43,635,000 contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/6/19 — Signed Daniel Gafford (2019-38th) to a partially-guaranteed $6,129,593 contract.
- 7/7/19 — Traded a protected 2020 second-rounder, 2022 second-round swap rights and removal of protection of a 2023 second-rounder to the Washington Wizards for Tomas Satoransky via sign and trade on a partially-guaranteed three-year $30 million contract.
- 7/11/19 — Re-signed Ryan Arcidiacono to a three-year $9 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/18/19 — Signed Luke Kornet to a two-year $4.5 million contract.
- 7/18/19 — Re-signed Shaquille Harrison to a non/partially-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum contract.
- 9/9/19 — Waived Antonio Blakeney.
- 9/13/19 — Signed Justin Simon to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/19 — Signed Perrion Callendret to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/27/19 — Signed Milton Doyle to a non-guaranteed $1,445,97 minimum summer contract.
- 10/4/19 — Signed Simisola Shittu to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/17/19 — Waived Perrion Callendret.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Luol Deng to a non-guaranteed $2,564,753 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Milton Doyle, Justin Simon and Simisola Shittu.
- 10/21/19 — Picked up Lauri Markkanen’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/21/19 — Picked up Wendell Carter Jr. and Chandler Hutchison’s third-year rookie-scale options.
- 10/22/19 — Signed Max Strus to a two-way contract.
- 1/10/20 — Shaquille Harrison’s $1,620,564 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 4/13/20 — Fired Gar Forman.
- 4/13/20 — Hired Arturas Karnisovas as executive vice president of basketball operations.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Albert Miralles (2004-39th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: United Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/30/20)