|J.J. Hickson (waived)||$5,217,258|
|Steve Novak (waived)||$3,333,115|
|Nick Johnson (waived)||$845,059|
|Joey Dorsey (waived)||$815,421|
|Pablo Prigioni (waived)||$371,855|
|Kostas Papanikolaou (waived)||$350,000|
|Erick Green (waived)||$100,000|
|Sean Kilpatrick (expired 10-days)||$99,418|
|Axel Toupane (expired 10-days)||$61,776|
Quick: Spent over the cap
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $19.2-28.7 million
- Room: $0 (Darrell Arthur)
- Disabled Player Exception: $0 (Steve Novak)
- Trade Exception (Randy Foye, expiring 2/18/17) — $135,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Emmanuel Mudiay, D.J. Augustin, Jameer Nelson
SG: Gary Harris, Will Barton
SF: JaKarr Sampson, Axel Toupane, Mike Miller, Danilo Gallinari (injured)
PF: Kenneth Faried, Joffrey Lauvergne, Darrell Arthur, Wilson Chandler (injured)
C: Nikola Jokic, Jusuf Nurkic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/18/16 — The no-package restriction lifts on D.J. Augustin.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 5/22/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on JaKarr Sampson.
- 6/22/16 — Player option for Darrell Arthur.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/24/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Axel Toupane.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 8/15/16 — Joffrey Lauvergne salary guarantees at $855k for 16/17.
- First game of season — Joffrey Lauvergne’s $1.7 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Emmanuel Mudiay, Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 1/10/17 — JaKarr Sampson’s $980k salary guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Axel Toupane’s $874,636 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 2/18/17 — Randy Foye $135k TPE expires.
- 6/29/17 — Player option for Danilo Gallinari.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offers for Joffrey Lauvergne and JaKarr Sampson.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 6/24/18 — Player option for Wilson Chandler.
- 6/29/18 — Team option on Nikola Jokic.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/15 — Jameer Nelson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Will Barton.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Emmanuel Mudiay with the seventh pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Nikola Radicevic with the 57th pick in the draft
- 7/11/15 — Renounced the rights to Darrell Arthur, Rudy Fernandez, Jan Vesely, Wesley Person, Chris Copeland and Ian Clark.
- 7/11/15 — Renegotiated Wilson Chandler’s 2015/16 salary, along with a three-year extension for a total of $46.5 million, player option on final season.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Nikola Jokic (2014-41st) to an estimated four-year, $5.5 million contract.
- 7/12/15 — Renounced the rights to Jameer Nelson.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Jameer Nelson to a three-year, $13.6 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Traded Ty Lawson and a 2017 second-rounder to Houston Rockets for Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson, Kostas Papanikolaou, Pablo Prigioni, a protected 2016 first-rounder (TBD) and $440k.
- 7/23/15 — Re-signed Will Barton to a three-year, $11 million deal.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Emmanuel Mudiay (2015-7th) to a $13.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/1/15 — Guaranteed $100k of Erick Green’s 15/16 salary.
- 8/3/15 — Restructured and extended Danilo Gallinari’s contract to $45.2 million for three years, player option on final season.
- 8/7/15 — Re-signed Darrell Arthur to a two-year, $5.8 million contract, player option on second season.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Matt Janning to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Devin Sweetney to a non-guaranteed $525 minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Oleksiy Pecherov to a non-guaranteed $981k minimum summer contract.
- 9/30/15 — Signed Mike Miller to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 10/11/15 — Picked up Gary Harris’ third-year option.
- 10/11/15 — Picked up Jusuf Nurkic’ third-year option.
- 11/5/15 — Signed Kostas Papanikolaou to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($350k) $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 1/12/16 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 1/21/16 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a second $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 2/18/16 — Traded Randy Foye to Oklahoma City Thunder for D.J. Augustin, Steve Novak, a 2016 second-rounder and a protected 2016 Charlotte Hornets second-rounder and $1,169,559.
- 2/22/16 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.2 million contract.
- 3/3/16 — Signed Axel Toupane to a $30.9k 10-day contract.
- 3/14/16 — Signed Axel Toupane to a second $30.9k 10-day contract.
- 3/24/16 — Signed Axel Toupane to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $939,500 contract.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Daniel Hamilton (56th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for $730,441.
Waived Players: Jamaal Franklin, Pablo Prigioni, Joey Dorsey, Kostas Papanikolaou (twice), Matt Janning, Oleksiy Pecherov, Devin Sweetney, Nick Johnson, Erick Green, Sean Kilpatrick (expired 10-days), J.J. Hickson, Steve Novak
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Ed Pinckney, Wes Unseld Jr. Micah Nori, Ryan Bowen, Dee Brown (player development), Noel Gillespie (also advance scout)
Trainer: Dan Shimensky, Jason Miller (assistant), Steve Hess (strength and conditioning), Felipe Eichenberger (assistant strength and conditioning)
- Josh Kroenke — President of Basketball Operations and Governor
- Pete D’Alessandro — Senior Vice President of Business and Team Operations for the Denver Nuggets
- Tim Connelly — General Manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) from Portland Trail Blazers (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected, otherwise Portland Trail Blazers 2017 second-rounder) from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Oklahoma City Thunder (Randy Foye).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (31-55 range, unprotected in 2017) from Charlotte Hornets (Jeremy Lamb, Randy Foye).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans (Jan Vesely, Ish Smith).
- 2016 — Nuggets have the right to swap first-round picks with New York Knicks (Carmelo Anthony). If swapped, Denver’s pick goes to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Chicago Bulls (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $440k from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson); $1,169,559 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Randy Foye); $730,441 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Daniel Hamilton)
- Bird: None
- Danilo Gallinari — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson.
D-League Affiliate: None
(Updated on 8/19/16)