Los Angeles Lakers Salary Archive – 2014/15
|Steve Nash (waived)||$9,701,000|
|Xavier Henry (waived)||$1,082,000|
|Dwight Buycks (expired 10-day)||$48,028|
|Jabari Brown (expired 10-day)||$29,843|
|Jabari Brown (expired 10-day)||$29,843|
Quick: Cap space used.
- Room: $0 (Ryan Kelly, Xavier Henry)
Roster Count: 16 guaranteed
PG: Vander Blue, Jordan Clarkson (injured), Jeremy Lin (injured), Ronnie Price (injured)
SG: Jabari Brown, Kobe Bryant (injured), Wayne Ellington (injured)
SF: Ryan Kelly, Wesley Johnson (injured), Nick Young (injured)
F: Jordan Hill, Ed Davis, Carlos Boozer, Julius Randle (injured)
C: Tarik Black, Robert Sacre
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Byron Scott (Four years, $17 million contract starting with the 2014/15 season, final year team option)
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected in 2015, top-10 protected in 2016 & 2017, top-5 protected in 2018 & 2019, top-3 protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Houston Rockets (Jeremy Lin).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (only in the 51 to 55 range) from Los Angeles Clippers (Hassan Adams, David Andersen, Jeremy Lin).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If 2015 first-rounder not sent to Phoenix by 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Julius Randle (7th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Jordan Clarkson (2014-46th) from the Washington Wizards for cash.
- 7/13/14 — Traded the rights to Sergei Lishchuk (2004-49th) to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lin, a protected 2015 first-rounder and a Clippers’ protected 2015 second-rounder.
- 7/13/14 — Signed Julius Randle to a $13.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/18/14 — Claimed Carlos Boozer off amnesty waivers (Chicago Bulls).
- 7/21/14 — Signed Nick Young to a four-year, $21.3 million contract (player option on fourth season)..
- 7/21/14 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a two-year, $3.4 million contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Jordan Hill to a two-year, $18 million contract (team option on second season).
- 7/23/14 — Signed Ed Davis to two-year, $2 million minimum contract (player option on second season).
- 7/25/14– Signed Xavier Henry to a one-year, $1.082 million contract.
- 7/28/14 — Signed Wesley Johnson to a one-year, $980k minimum contract.
- 8/25/14 — Signed Jordan Clarkson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/22/14 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Jabari Brown to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Roscoe Smith to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Keith Appling to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Jeremy Tyler to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 9/24/14 — Signed Ronnie Price to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 12/28/14 — Claimed Tarik Black off waivers (Houston Rockets).
- 3/10/15 — Signed Jabari Brown to a $29.8k, 10-day contract.
- 3/21/15 — Signed Jabari Brown to a $29.8k, 10-day contract.
- 4/1/15 — Signed Jabari Brown to a two-year, partially guaranteed $890k minimum contract.
- 4/13/15 — Signed Vander Blue for the remainder of the season at $14.4k.
Waived Players: Kendall Marshall, Jeremy Tyler, Keith Appling, Jabari Brown, Roscoe Smith, Xavier Henry, Steve Nash, Dwight Buycks (expired 10-day)
Free Agents: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/2/15)