Los Angeles Lakers Salary Archive – 2015/16
|Larry Nance Jr.||$1,155,600|
|Metta World Peace||$947,276|
|Jonathan Holmes (waived)||$525,093|
|Michael Frazier (waived)||$50,000|
|Robert Upshaw (waived)||$35,000|
|Jabari Brown (waived)||$9,942|
Quick: Cap space spent
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $26.9-$64.1 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: D’Angelo Russell, Marcelo Huertas
SG: Jordan Clarkson, Lou Williams
SF: Kobe Bryant, Larry Nance Jr., Metta World Peace, Nick Young, Anthony Brown (injured)
PF: Julius Randle, Tarik Black, Ryan Kelly
C: Roy Hibbert, Brandon Bass, Robert Sacre
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/21/16 — Player option on Brandon Bass.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jordan Clarkson, Ryan Kelly, Tarik Black and Marcelo Huertas.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Julius Randle, D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- One day before 2017 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/17 — Player option on Nick Young.
- 8/1/17 — Anthony Brown’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Julius Randle.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Julius Randle and Anthony Brown.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Ed Davis opted out of the final year on his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected D’Angelo Russell with the second pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Larry Nance Jr. with the 27th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Anthony Brown with the 34th pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Opted Jordan Hill out of the final year of his contract
- 7/1/15 — Guaranteed the final year of Robert Sacre’s contract.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Ronnie Price, Carlos Boozer, Wayne Ellington, Vander Blue and Jordan Hill.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Anthony Brown to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.6 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Lou Williams to a three-year, $21 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Brandon Bass to a two-year, $6.1 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder to Indiana Pacers for Roy Hibbert.
- 7/10/15 — Signed D’Angelo Russell to a $23.0 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Larry Nance Jr. to a $5.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/1/15 — Guaranteed Jordan Clarkson’s $845k salary for 15/16.
- 8/13/15 — Signed Jonathan Holmes to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($100k) $1.4 million contract.
- 8/25/15 — Signed Michael Frazier to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($50k) $1.4 million contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Marcelo Huertas to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Robert Upshaw to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($35k) $1.4 million contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Metta World Peace to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/15 — Picked up Julius Randle’s third-year option.
- 1/10/16 — Metta World Peace’s $1.5 million guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Tarik Black’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Marcelo Huertas’ $525k guaranteed for 15/16.
No-Trade: Kobe Bryant
Waived Players: Michael Frazier, Robert Upshaw, Jonathan Holmes, Jabari Brown
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th)
Head Coach: Byron Scott (Four years, $17 million contract starting with the 2014/15 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Paul Pressey, Jim Eyen, Mark Madsen, Larry Lewis (player development), Thomas Scott (player development), Clay Moser (director of basketball strategy), Tom Bialaszewski (video coordinator), J.J. Outlaw (video coordinator, player development), Tracy Murray (shooting coach)
Trainer: Gary Vitti
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- Jesse Buss — Owner and Assistant General Manager/Director of Scouting
- Ryan West — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If a first-rounder not sent to Philadelphia by 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Indiana Pacers (Roy Hibbert).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Kobe Bryant — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
D-League Affiliate: D-Fenders (General Manager Nick Mazzella, Coach Casey Owens)
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/16)