|Luol Deng (waived)||$14,354,067|
|Andre Ingram (expired 10-day)||$76,236|
|Scott Machado (expired 10-day)||$76,236|
|Alex Caruso (two-way)|
|Johnathan Williams (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Alex Caruso (two-way), Isaac Bonga, Lonzo Ball (injured), Lance Stephenson (injured), Rajon Rondo (injured)
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brandon Ingram (injured)
SF: Jemerrio Jones, LeBron James (injured), Reggie Bullock (injured), Josh Hart (injured)
PF: Mike Muscala, Mo Wagner, Kyle Kuzma (injured)
C: JaVale McGee, Johnathan Williams (two-way), Tyson Chandler (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Ivica Zubac, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,544,951
- Room Exception: $949,000 (Michael Beasley)
Waived Players: Tyler Ennis, Thomas Bryant (claimed by Washington Wizards), Malik Newman, Luol Deng (stretched), Joel Berry II, Jeffrey Carroll, Scott Machado, Johnathan Williams, Travis Wear (two-way)
Traded Players: Svi Mykhailiuk, Ivica Zubac, Michael Beasley
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Andre Ingram, Scott Machado
G-League Affiliate: South Bay Lakers (Nick Mazzella general manager, Coby Karl coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Alex Caruso, Johnathan Williams
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Luke Walton
Assistants: Brian Shaw (associate head coach), Jesse Mermuys, Mark Madsen, Brian Keefe, Jud Buechler (player development), Miles Simon (player development), Will Scott (video coordinator)
Trainer: Marco Nunez, Nina Hsieh (assistant athletic trainer), Jennifer Swanson (head physical therapist), Lorena Martin (director of sports performance), Gunnar Peterson (director of strength and endurance training), Josh Wright (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Kristen Andrews (manager of nutrition and wellness), Adi Vase (assistant strengthening and conditioning coach)
- Magic Johnson – president of basketball operations
- Rob Pelinka — general manager
- Jesse Buss — assistant general manager/director of scouting
- Joey Buss — vice president of research and development
- Ryan West — director of player personnel
- Jordan Wilkes — director of player development
- Kurt Rambis — senior basketball advisor
- 2019 — Owe a second-rounder (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas) to Sacramento Kings (Anderson Varejao, Gary Trent Jr.) or Atlanta Hawks (Richard Jefferson). Lower to Atlanta.
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Svi Mykhailiuk).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1.5 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Isaac Bonga) — $3,743,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Moritz Wagner (25th) and Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (47th).
- 6/27/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Julius Randle.
- 6/30/18 — Guaranteed Ivica Zubac’s $1,544,951 for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18 — Renounced the rights to Travis Wear, Andre Ingram and Gary Payton II.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Moritz Wagner (2018-25th) to a $9,881,138 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Malik Newman to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/2/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Julius Randle.
- 7/2/18 — Renounced the rights to Julius Randle, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brook Lopez, Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Rajon Rondo to a one-year $9 million contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to a one-year $12 million contract.
- 7/6/18 — Traded a 2019 Chicago Bulls second-rounder and $1.5 million to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Isaac Bonga (2018-39th).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Isaac Bonga (2018-39th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,080,713 contract.
- 7/10/18 — LeBron James signed a four-year, $153,212,845 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/18 — Signed Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (2018-47th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,568,407 contract.
- 7/10/18 — Signed Lance Stephenson to a one-year $4,449,000 contract.
- 7/10/18 — Signed JaVale McGee to a one-year $2,393,887 contract.
- 7/18/18 — Signed Joel Berry II to a non-guaranteed $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/19/18 — Signed Jeffrey Carroll to a non-guaranteed $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/21/18 — Signed Johnathan Williams to a non-guaranteed $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/23/18 — Signed Michael Beasley to a one-year $3.5 million contract.
- 7/24/18 — Signed Travis Wear to a two-way contract.
- 10/12/18 — Signed Scott Machado to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/16/18 — Picked up the team options on Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart.
- 10/19/18 — Signed Johnathan to a two-way contract.
- 11/6/18 — Signed Tyson Chandler to a one-year $2,109,867 minimum contract.
- 2/6/19 — Traded Svi Mykhailiuk and a 2021 second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons for Reggie Bullock.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Ivica Zubac and Michael Beasley to the Los Angeles Clippers for Mike Muscala.
- 3/11/19 — Signed Andre Ingram to a $76,236 10-day contract.
- 3/21/19 — Andre Ingram’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/21/19 — Signed Scott Machado a $76,236 10-day contract.
- 3/31/19 — Scott Machado’s 10-day contract expired.
- 3/31/19 — Signed Jemerrio Jones to a partially-guaranteed two-year $1,468,960 contract.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Brad Newley (2007-54th)
- LeBron James — 15 percent
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Staples Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/17/19)