The biggest news in college basketball has come in August, typically one of the quietest recruiting months of the year.
Marvin Bagley III, the nation’s No. 1 high school recruit from the Class of 2018, made his announcement to reclassify up to the Class of 2017 on Monday, which means he will immediately be a freshman in college this season.
Along with his decision to reclassify, Bagley said on SportsCenter that he will play at Duke for Hall of Fame coach Mike Krzyzewski.
Bagley had been contemplating this decision for a long time and began to explore immediate eligibility in recent months. He is now scheduled to graduate from Los Angeles’ Sierra Canyon High School in August, after which the NCAA eligibility center will review his final transcript to assess whether he has met all requirements to play at the Division I level.
Adding Bagley to a class that already includes scoring savant Michael Porter Jr.and physically imposing big man DeAndre Ayton, as well as newly reclassified No. 24 Jontay Porter (Missouri), makes this a group to rival last year’s class that boasted historic one-and-done draft picks.
Source: Paul Biancardi of ESPN
Report: Zion Williamson Declares for NBA Draft
Report: Cam Reddish Declares for NBA Draft
Sources: RJ Barrett Declares for NBA Draft
Duke Blue Devils guard RJ Barrett, widely projected as a lottery pick, has made the decision to leave after his freshman season to enter the NBA draft, he announced Wednesday on social media.
“It was amazing to play for Coach K, play for the brotherhood,” Barrett said in a video posted to Twitter and Instagram. “It was a dream of mine to play at Duke ever since I was a young kid. It’s also a dream of mine to play in the NBA and have great success there. …
“I’m looking forward to coming back and supporting the Blue Devils any way I can. Just wanted to thank you for everything.”
Source: RJ Barrett via ESPN