|Larry Sanders (waived)||$1,865,546|
|Steve Novak (waived)||$980,431|
|Terrence Jones (waived)||$230,690|
|Axel Toupane (waived)||$51,449|
|Gary Payton II||$35,166|
Quick: Spent over the cap but can get under by $1.5 million by renouncing exceptions; hard capped
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
- Trade Exception (Tyler Ennis, expiring 9/22/17) — $1,733,880
- Trade Exception (Michael Carter-Williams, expiring 10/17/17) — $815,199
- Trade Exception (Miles Plumlee, expiring 2/2/18) — $1,151,241
- Trade Exception (Roy Hibbert, expiring 2/23/18) — $5,000,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Malcolm Brogdon, Matthew Dellavedova, Gary Payton II
SG: Khris Middleton, Jason Terry, Rashad Vaughn
SF: Tony Snell, Michael Beasley (injured)
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Mirza Teletovic, Jabari Parker (injured)
C: Thon Maker, Greg Monroe, John Henson, Spencer Hawes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/21/16 — Signed Jason Kidd to a contract extension.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Thon Maker (10th) and Malcolm Brogdon (36th, from New Orleans Pelicans).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Pat McCaw (38th) to Golden State Warriors for $2.4 million.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Miles Plumlee.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Jerryd Bayless, O.J. Mayo and Greivis Vasquez.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Mirza Teletovic to a three-year, $31.5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Albert Miralles (2004-39th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for $200,000 and Matthew Dellavedova via sign and trade, signing a four-year, $38.4 million contract.
- 7/29/16 — Signed Malcolm Brogdon (2016-36th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,990,511 contract, with incentives TBD.
- 7/30/16 — Signed Thon Maker (2016-10th) to a $11.6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/2/16 — Signed Miles Plumlee to a four-year, $50 million contract.
- 8/22/16 — Signed Jason Terry to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 8/29/16 — Signed Steve Novak to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 9/6/16 — Signed J.J. O’Brien to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/6/16 — Signed Orlando Johnson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,015,696 summer contract.
- 9/9/16 — Signed Xavier Henry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,139,123 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Giannis Antetokounmpo to a four-year, $100 million extension.
- 9/22/16 — Traded Tyler Ennis to Houston Rockets for Michael Beasley.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Jaleel Roberts to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Jabari Brown to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 10/17/16 — Traded Michael Carter-Williams to Chicago Bulls for Tony Snell.
- 10/19/16 — Picked up Jabari Parker’s fourth-year option.
- 10/29/16 — Picked up team option on Rashad Vaughn.
- 2/2/17 — Traded Miles Plumlee to Charlotte Hornets for Spencer Hawes and Roy Hibbert.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Roy Hibbert to Denver Nuggets for a protected 2019 second-rounder.
- 2/25/17 — Signed Axel Toupane to a 10-day $51,449 contract.
- 3/4/17 — Signed Terrence Jones for the rest of the season at $247,285.
- 4/2/17 — Signed Gary Payton II to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,347,777 contract.
Waived Players: Damien Inglis, Johnny O’Bryant, Xavier Henry, Jabari Brown, Jaleel Roberts, J.J. O’Brien, Orlando Johnson, Steve Novak, Terrence Jones
Traded Players: Tyler Ennis, Michael Carter-Williams, Miles Plumlee, Roy Hibbert
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Axel Toupane
Head Coach: Jason Kidd (three-year deal in $12-15 million range starting for the 2014-15 season, extension through 2019-20 season)
Assistants: Joe Prunty, Eric Hughes, Greg Foster, Sean Sweeney, Stacey Augmon
Trainers: Scott Faust
- John Hammond — general manager (contracted through 17-18 season)
- Justin Zanik — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Craig Robinson — vice president of player and organizational development
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Dallas Mavericks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Has right to swap second-rounders with Sacramento Kings (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Denver Nuggets (Roy Hibbert).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague), the higher selection between the Kings and Bucks.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Washington Wizards (Jared Dudley).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $200,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Matthew Dellavedova)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: None
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.