|Jodie Meeks (waived)||$3,454,500|
|Spencer Hawes (waived)||$2,007,058|
|Larry Sanders (waived)||$1,865,546|
|Isaiah Canaan (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Jaylen Morris (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, Tim Frazier, Donte DiVincenzo (injured)
SG: Malcolm Brogdon, Tony Snell
SF: Khris Middleton, Sterling Brown, Pat Connaughton, Bonzie Colson Jr. (two-way)
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Mirotic, Ersan Ilyasova
C: Brook Lopez, Pau Gasol, D.J. Wilson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Ersan Ilyasova, Pat Connaughton)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Brook Lopez)
Waived Players: Brandon Jennings, Jordan Barnett, Brandon McCoy, Travis Trice, Ike Nwamu, James Young, Robert Johnson, Shabazz Muhammad, Tyler Zeller, Tim Frazier (claimed by the New Orleans Pelicans), Jodie Meeks, Jaylen Morris (two-way), Christian Wood (claimed but the New Orleans Pelicans), Trevon Duval (claimed by the Houston Rockets)
Traded Players: Matthew Dellavedova, John Henson, Thon Maker, Jason Smith
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Isaiah Canaan
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean vice president of basketball operations/general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Bonzie Colson Jr. (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Patrick St. Andrews, Sean Sweeney, Josh Longstaff
Trainers: Scott Faust
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Rod Thorn — special consultant
- David Mincberg — director of basketball strategy
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Seth Partnow — director of basketball research
- Patrick Haneman — basketball strategy and operations manager
- Lexi Phillips — basketball operations coordinator
- Vin Baker — basketball operations associate/director of program development
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (4-16 range, top-eight protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Phoenix Suns (Eric Bledsoe).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague) or Sacramento Kings, the higher pick between Milwaukee and Sacramento to Philadelphia, the Kings getting the lower.
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Owe a protected (lottery protected in 2021, top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) first-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill), two years following the Phoenix Suns obligation.
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $500,000 from Washington Wizards (Jason Smith) — $4,743,000 remaining
- 5/17/18 — Hired Coach Mike Budenholzer.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Donte DiVincenzo (17th).
- 6/29/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Jabari Parker, Marshall Plumlee and Xavier Munford.
- 7/1/18 — Malcolm Brogdon’s $1,050,262 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/10/18 — Donte DiVincenzo (2018-17th) signed a $13,106,790 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked Marshall Plumlee’s qualifying offer.
- 7/14/18 — Revoked Jabari Parker’s qualifying offer.
- 7/14/18 — Renounced the rights to Jabari Parker.
- 7/16/18 — Signed Ersan Ilyasova to a partially-guaranteed three-year $21 million contract.
- 7/17/18 — Signed Brook Lopez to a one-year $3,382,000 contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Travis Trice to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/24/18 — Signed Trevon Duval to a two-way contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Jaylen Morris to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/18 — Signed Brandon McCoy to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 8/1/18 — Signed Pat Connaughton to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,364,050 minimum contract.
- 8/7/18 — Signed Jordan Barnett to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed James Young to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,621,415 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed Robert Johnson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/18/18 — Signed Ike Nwamu to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/18 — Revoked Xavier Munford’s qualifying offer and renounced his rights.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Tim Frazier to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,621,415 minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/18 — Re-signed Shabazz Muhammad to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,757,429 minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Christian Wood to a partially-guaranteed one-year $3,157,958 minimum contract.
- 10/15/18 — Adjusted the prick protections on the Washington Wizards 2020 second-rounder for Jodie Meeks and cash (TBD).
- 10/31/18 — Picked up the team options on Thon Maker and D.J. Wilson.
- 12/7/18 — Traded Matthew Dellavedova, John Henson, a protected 2021 first-rounder (two years after the pick owed to the Phoenix Suns) and a 2021 second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Agreed to remove protections on the 2020 second-rounder owed by the Washington Wizards, as part of the three-way trade.
- 12/20/18 — Mirza Teletovic’s contract removed from the Bucks’ salary cap after his medical retirement.
- 1/10/19 — Christian Wood’s $1,512,601 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — Signed Bonzie Colson Jr. to a two-year two-way contract.
- 2/5/19 — Rashad Vaughn trade exception ($1,889,040) expired.
- 2/7/19 — Renounced the rights to Jason Terry and Marshall Plumlee.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Thon Maker to the Detroit Pistons and Jason Smith and four second-rounders to the New Orleans Pelicans for Nikola Mirotic.
- 2/25/19 — Signed Isaiah Canaan to a $99,290 10-day contract.
- 3/3/19 — Ended Isaiah Canaan’s 10-day contract.
- 3/3/19 — Signed Pau Gasol for the rest of the season at $527,467.
- 3/4/19 — Signed Eric Bledsoe to a partially-guaranteed four-year $70 million extension.
- 3/19/19 — Signed Tim Frazier for the rest of the season at $210,692.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Fiserv Forum
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/17/19)