|Shabazz Muhammad (waived)||$1,238,616|
|Kevin Martin (stretched)||$1,360,305|
|Anthony Brown (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Room Exception: $0 (Jamal Crawford)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones, Derrick Rose, Aaron Brooks
SG: Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Crawford, Marcus Georges-Hunt, Jimmy Butler (injured)
SF: Nemanja Bjelica, Anthony Brown (two-way)
PF: Taj Gibson, Amile Jefferson
C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Gorgui Dieng, Cole Aldrich, Justin Patton
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Iowa Wolves (director of basketball operations Sean Dwyer, Scott Roth coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Anthony Brown (one year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Tom Thibodeau
Assistants: Ryan Saunders, Andy Greer, Ed Pinckney, John Lucas III (player development coach)
Trainer: Gregg Farnam, Matthew Duhamel (director of athletic therapy), Pierre Nesbit (assistant athletic trainer), Troy Sutton (assistant strength and conditioning coach), David Crewe (head strength and conditioning coach/assistant athletic trainer)
- Tom Thibodeau — president of basketball operations
- Scott Layden – general manager
- Noah Croom — assistant general manager
- Brian Pauga — director of player personnel
- Manny Rohan — director of basketball administration
- Todd Checovich — manager of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — director of pro personnel
- Daisuke Yoshimoto — special assistant to the president of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter, Ricky Rubio).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Adreian Payne).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier, Mo Williams).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Tyus Jones, Anderson Varejao) or Atlanta Hawks (Richard Jefferson), the higher pick to the Blazers.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received (5.1 million max): $0
- 6/20/17 — Waived Nikola Pekovic, who is medically retired, removing his salary from both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons.
- 6/22/17 — Traded Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the rights to Lauri Markkanen (7th) to Chicago Bulls for Jimmy Butler and the rights to Justin Patton (16th).
- 6/26/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Shabazz Muhammad.
- 6/30/17 — Traded Ricky Rubio to Utah Jazz for a 2018 first-rounder from Oklahoma City Thunder.
- 7/10/17 — Renounced the rights to Tayshaun Prince, Brandon Rush, Adreian Payne, Othyus Jeffers, Omri Casspi and Shabazz Muhammad.
- 7/4/17 — Signed Justin Patton (2017-16th) to a $12,814,166 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Jeff Teague to a three-year, $57.0 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Taj Gibson to a two-year $28 million contract.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Jamal Crawford to a two-year, $8,872,400 contract, player option on second season.
- 8/1/17 — Signed Anthony Brown to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/10/17 — Signed Marcus Georges-Hunt to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 contract.
- 9/14/17 — Signed Shabazz Muhammad to a two-year, $3,372,245 contract, player option on final season.
- 9/16/17 — Signed Melo Trimble to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/17/17 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/21/17 — Signed Aaron Brooks to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
- 10/11/17 — Signed Andrew Wiggins to a five-year, designated rookie-scale extension at a projected $146,450,000.
- 10/13/17 — Signed Shawne Williams to a one-year, non-guaranteed $2,106,470 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 10/15/17 — Picked up team options on Karl-Anthony Towns and Tyus Jones.
- 10/18/17 — Marcus Georges-Hunt’s salary guaranteed at $275,000.
- 1/10/18 — Marcus Georges-Hunt’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a two-way contract.
- 3/8/18 — Signed Derrick Rose for the rest of the season at $418,607.
- 4/11/18 — Signed Amile Jefferson for the rest of the season at $4,608.
Waived Players: Nikola Pekovic, Jordan Hill, Shawne Williams, Melo Trimble, Amile Jefferson, Shabazz Muhammad
Traded Players: Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn, Ricky Rubio
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bojan Dubljevic (2013-59th), Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th)
Arena: Target Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/8/18)