- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
Nuggets Looking to Trade the 11th Pick?
- Updated: June 9, 2014
The Nuggets have already taken — and made — their fair share of trade phone calls concerning their draft pick weeks ahead of the NBA draft.
“We’ve had a lot of conversations about a ton of different things — picks, trades. We’re pretty active right now,” Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly said.
The Nuggets own the 11th selection in the June 26 draft. It’s their highest draft position since 2003, when they took Carmelo Anthony at No. 3. The Nuggets advanced to the playoffs 10 consecutive seasons following the Anthony selection but failed to make it this season after a 36-46 record.
So they’ll retool, and they’ll start by using the pick as a key cog in the improvement. Trading the selection for a veteran and moving up in the draft are the two areas of most interest to the Nuggets.
» MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB