Oklahoma City Thunder Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap, but can get to $2.8 million under by renouncing the trade exception.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Ersan Ilyasova, expiring 11/1/17) — $4,936,529
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Russell Westbrook, Norris Cole, Semaj Christon
SG: Victor Oladipo, Alex Abrines
SF: Andre Roberson, Doug McDermott, Kyle Singler, Josh Huestis
PF: Domantas Sabonis, Taj Gibson, Jerami Grant
C: Steven Adams, Enes Kanter, Nick Collison
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/24/17 — Team option on Jerami Grant.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Andre Roberson.
- 7/7/17 — Semaj Christon’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Domantas Sabonis and Josh Huestis.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Doug McDermott.
- 1/10/18 — Jerami Grant’s $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Player options on Enes Kanter and Russell Westbrook.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Doug McDermott.
- 7/7/18 — Semaj Christon’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Domantas Sabonis.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Josh Huestis.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Alex Abrines, Semaj Christon and Josh Huestis.
- 8/15/19 — Kyle Singler’s $5.3 million guarantees for 2019-20
- 10/31/19 — Extension Deadline for Domantas Sabonis.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Domantas Sabonis.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Traded Serge Ibaka to Orlando Magic for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Domantas Sabonis (11th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded $730,441 to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Daniel Hamilton (56th).
- 6/27/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Dion Waiters.
- 7/1/16 — Guaranteed Ersan Ilyasova’s $8.4 million for 2016-17.
- 7/7/16 — Anthony Morrow’s $3.5 million guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 7/18/16 — Rescinded Dion Waiters’ qualifying offer.
- 7/22/16 — Renounced the rights to Derek Fisher.
- 7/23/16 — Signed Alex Abrines (2013-32nd) to a three-year, $17.2 million contract.
- 8/4/16 — Restructured and extended Russell Westbrook’s deal to a three-year, $85.7 million contract, player option on final season.
- 8/12/16 — Signed Domantas Sabonis (2016-11th) to an $8.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/13/16 — Signed Ronnie Price to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- 8/20/16 — Signed Semaj Christon (2014-55th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 8/30/16 — Renounced the rights to Nazr Mohammed.
- 8/30/16 — Traded two protected 2017 second-rounders to Denver Nuggets for Joffrey Lauvergne.
- 9/7/16 — Signed Tomislav Zubcic (2012-56th) to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Kaleb Tarczewski to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Chris Wright to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $980,431 contract.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Alex Caruso to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000)
- 10/17/16 — Signed Reggie Williams to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,227,286 contract ($50,000).
- 10/26/16 — Joffrey Lauvergne’s $1,709,719 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 10/29/16 — Picked up team options on Cameron Payne and Josh Huestis.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Victor Oladipo to an estimated four-year, $84 million contract.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Steven Adams to an estimated four-year, $100 million contract.
- 11/1/16 — Traded Ersan Ilyasova and a protected first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for Jerami Grant.
- 1/10/17 — Jerami Grant’s $980,431 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Semaj Christon’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Cameron Payne, Anthony Morrow and Joffrey Lauvergne to Chicago Bulls for Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott and a 2018 second-rounder.
- 3/1/17 — Signed Norris Cole for the rest of the season at $288,131.
Waived Players: Tomislav Zubcic, Alex Caruso, Reggie Williams, Ronnie Price, Kaleb Tarczewski, Chris Wright, Mitch McGary
Traded Players: Serge Ibaka, Ersan Ilyasova, Cameron Payne, Anthony Morrow, Joffrey Lauvergne
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Billy Donovan (five years at roughly $30 million, starting for the 2015-16 season, final season a team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Maurice Cheeks, Anthony Grant, Mark Bryant, Darko Rajakovic, Vin Bhavani, Royal Ivey
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — executive vice president of basketball operations and general manager
- Troy Weaver — vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager
- Maurizio Gherarini — senior advisor/international affairs
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Denver Nuggets (Joffrey Lauvergne).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) to Utah Jazz (Enes Kanter)
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Perry Jones III)
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Taj Gibson).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following conveyance of pick to Utah Jazz, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to Philadelphia 76ers (Jerami Grant).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Hamilton (2016-56th), Dakari Johnson (2015-48th), DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Russell Westbrook — 15 percent
- Enes Kanter — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue (Mark Daigneault coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/10/17)