Quick: Over the cap and tax threshold, repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, two player options, two non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Russell Westbrook, Dennis Schröder, Deonte Burton
SG: Terrence Ferguson, Andre Roberson
SF: Paul George, Abdel Nader, Hamidou Diallo
PF: Jerami Grant, Donte Grantham
C: Steven Adams
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Carmelo Anthony, expiring 7/25/19) — $10,833,189
- Trade Exception (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, expiring 2/1/20) — $1,544,951
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Nick Collison* ($1,618,486)
- Early Bird: Patrick Patterson (PO), Raymond Felton $1,618,486
- Non-Bird: Nerlens Noel (PO), Markieff Morris $1,618,486, Norris Cole* ($1,618,486), Jawun Evans (two-way)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Abdel Nader $1,618,520
- Deonte Burton $1,416,852 ($1 million guaranteed)
2019 Draft Picks: 21st; Own 52nd to the Charlotte Hornets
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Devon Hall (2018-53rd), Kevin Hervey (2018-57th), DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue (Mark Daigneault coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Donte Grantham
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Billy Donovan
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Maurice Cheeks, Anthony Grant, Mark Bryant, Darko Rajakovic, Vin Bhavnani, Royal Ivey, Bob Beyer
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — executive vice president of basketball operations and general manager
- Troy Weaver — vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager
- Rob Hennigan — vice president of insight and foresight
- Will Dawkins — vice president of identification and intelligence
- Maurizio Gherarini — senior advisor/international affairs
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Chicago Bulls (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following conveyance of pick to Minnesota Timberwolves, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to the Philadelphia 76ers (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks, Markelle Fultz).
- 2022 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Carmelo Anthony).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $243,000 to Charlotte Hornets (Hamidou Diallo); $1,978,242 to Orlando Magic (Dakari Johnson); $2,610,464 to the Chicago Bulls (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot) — $411,294 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $450,000 from Boston Celtics (Abdel Nader)
- 6/10/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Deonte Burton.
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on Patrick Patterson.
- 7/1/19-7/5/19 –NBA moratorium.
- 7/15/19 — Abdel Nader’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/25/19 — Carmelo Anthony trade exception expires.
- 8/1/19 — Deonte Burton’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 8/15/19 — Kyle Singler’s $5.3 million guarantees for 2019-20
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Terrence Ferguson.
- 2/1/20 — Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Jerami Grant.
- 6/29/20 — Team options on Abdel Nader, Deonte Burton and Hamidou Diallo.
- 6/29/20 — On team option, Deonte Burton’s 2020-21 salary guarantees at $1,174,336.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Hamidou Diallo and Deonte Burton.
- 7/15/20 — Abdel Nader’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 8/1/20 — Deonte Burton’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Terrence Ferguson and Deonte Burton.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- Russell Westbrook — 15 percent
- Paul George — 15 percent
- Steven Adams — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Chesapeake Energy Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)