Quick: Over the cap and tax threshold, repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Russell Westbrook, Raymond Felton, Deonte Burton (two-way)
SG: Andre Roberson, Alex Abrines, Terrence Ferguson
SF: Paul George, Jerami Grant, Kyle Singler
PF: Carmelo Anthony, Patrick Patterson
C: Steven Adams, Nerlens Noel, Dakari Johnson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Josh Huestis ($2,243,326, limited Bird)
- Nick Collison ($1,499,698, full Bird)
- Corey Brewer ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Daniel Hamilton (two-way, non-Bird)
- P.J. Dozier (two-way, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Hamidou Diallo (2018-45th), Devon Hall (2018-53rd), Kevin Hervey (2018-57th), DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
- Trade Exception (Domantas Sabonis, expiring 7/6/18) — $2,550,000
- Trade Exception (Victor Oladipo, expiring 7/6/18) — $1,491,042
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $5,337,000
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Russell Westbrook — 15 percent
- Paul George — 15 percent
- Steven Adams — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony
G-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue (Mark Daigneault coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Deonte Burton
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Billy Donovan (five years at roughly $30 million, starting for the 2015-16 season, final season a team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Maurice Cheeks, Anthony Grant, Mark Bryant, Darko Rajakovic, Vin Bhavnani, Royal Ivey
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — executive vice president of basketball operations and general manager
- Troy Weaver — vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager
- Rob Hennigan — vice president of insight and foresight
- Will Dawkins — vice president of identification and intelligence
- Maurizio Gherarini — senior advisor/international affairs
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Hamidou Diallo).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following conveyance of pick to Minnesota Timberwolves, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to Orlando Magic (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $243,000 (Hamidou Diallo)
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 9/29/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Russell Westbrook.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Josh Huestis.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Terrence Ferguson.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Nerlens Noel and Raymond Felton.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Paul George and Jerami Grant.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dakari Johnson, Alex Abrines and Josh Huestis.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on Patrick Patterson.
- 8/15/19 — Kyle Singler’s $5.3 million guarantees for 2019-20
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Jerami Grant.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Devon Hall (53rd) and Kevin Hervey (57th)
- 6/23/18 — Carmelo Anthony declined his early termination option for the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/18 — Paul George opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/6/18 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder and $243,000 to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Hamidou Diallo (2018-45th).
- 7/6/18 — Re-signed Paul George to a four-year, $136,911,936 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Nerlens Noel to a two-year $3,745,548 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Deonte Burton to a two-way contract.
- 7/10/18 — Re-signed Jerami Grant to a three-year $27,346,153 contract.
- 7/11/18 — Re-signed Raymond Felton to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Chesapeake Energy Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/18/18)