Quick: Over the cap and tax threshold, repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Russell Westbrook, Dennis Schröder, Raymond Felton, Deonte Burton (two-way)
SG: Terrence Ferguson, Alex Abrines, Andre Roberson (injured)
SF: Paul George, Hamidou Diallo, Abdel Nader, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
PF: Jerami Grant, Patrick Patterson, Donte Grantham
C: Steven Adams, Nerlens Noel (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Devon Hall (2018-53rd), Kevin Hervey (2018-57th), DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
- Trade Exception (Carmelo Anthony, expiring 7/25/19) — $10,833,189
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $4,498,536 (Hamidou Diallo)
Waived Players: Kyle Singler (stretched), K.J. McDaniels, Richard Solomon, Bryce Alford, Abdul Gaddy, Scotty Hopson, Dez Wells, Donte Grantham, Tyler Davis (two-way)
Traded Players: Dakari Johnson, Rodney Purvis, Carmelo Anthony
- Russell Westbrook — 15 percent
- Paul George — 15 percent
- Steven Adams — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue (Mark Daigneault coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Deonte Burton, Donte Grantham
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Billy Donovan (five years at roughly $30 million, starting for the 2015-16 season, final season a team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Maurice Cheeks, Anthony Grant, Mark Bryant, Darko Rajakovic, Vin Bhavnani, Royal Ivey, Bob Beyer
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — executive vice president of basketball operations and general manager
- Troy Weaver — vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager
- Rob Hennigan — vice president of insight and foresight
- Will Dawkins — vice president of identification and intelligence
- Maurizio Gherarini — senior advisor/international affairs
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Hamidou Diallo).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following conveyance of pick to Minnesota Timberwolves, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to Orlando Magic (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2022 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Carmelo Anthony).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $243,000 to Charlotte Hornets (Hamidou Diallo); $1,978,242 to Orlando Magic (Dakari Johnson) — $3,021,758 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $450,000 from Boston Celtics (Abdel Nader)
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Paul George and Jerami Grant.
- 1/15/19 — Last day to sign a player to a two-way contract.
- 2/7/19 — Trade deadline.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on Patrick Patterson.
- 7/15/19 — Abdel Nader’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/25/19 — Carmelo Anthony trade exception expires.
- 8/15/19 — Kyle Singler’s $5.3 million guarantees for 2019-20
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Jerami Grant.
- 6/29/20 — Team options on Abdel Nader and Hamidou Diallo.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Hamidou Diallo.
- 7/15/20 — Abdel Nader’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Devon Hall (53rd) and Kevin Hervey (57th)
- 6/23/18 — Carmelo Anthony declined his early termination option for the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/18 — Paul George opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/6/18 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder and $243,000 to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Hamidou Diallo (2018-45th).
- 7/6/18 — Re-signed Paul George to a four-year, $136,911,936 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Nerlens Noel to a two-year $3,745,548 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Deonte Burton to a two-way contract.
- 7/10/18 — Re-signed Jerami Grant to a three-year $27,346,153 contract.
- 7/11/18 — Re-signed Raymond Felton to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/20/18 — Traded Dakari Johnson and $1,978,242 to Orlando Magic for Rodney Purvis.
- 7/23/18 — Traded Rodney Purvis to Boston Celtics for Abdel Nader $450,000.
- 7/25/18 — Traded Carmelo Anthony and a protected 2022 first-rounder to Atlanta Hawks for Dennis Schroder and, from Philadelphia 76ers, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot.
- 7/27/18 — Signed Hamidou Diallo (2018-4th) to a three-year $3,919,177 contract, team option on final season.
- 8/13/18 — Signed Tyler Davis to a two-way contract.
- 9/1/18 — Abdel Nader’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 9/23/18 — Signed Bryce Alford to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/18 — Signed Abdul Gaddy to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/18 — Signed K.J. McDaniels to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,621,415 minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/18 — Signed Richard Solomon a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Signed Scotty Hopson non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Signed Dez Wells non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Signed Donte Grantham non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/29/18 — Picked up the team option on Terrance Ferguson.
- 10/31/18 — Declined the team option on Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot.
- 12/28/18 — Signed Donte Grantham to a two-way contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Nick Collison ($1,499,698, full Bird)
- Corey Brewer ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
Arena: Chesapeake Energy Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/10/19)