Quick: Over the cap and tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one early termination option, one player option
PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Andre Roberson, Alex Abrines, Terrence Ferguson
SF: Paul George (PO), Kyle Singler
PF: Carmelo Anthony (ETO), Patrick Patterson
C: Steven Adams, Dakari Johnson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Carmelo Anthony (ETO, $35,350,000, full Bird)
- Paul George (PO, $29,263,437, full Bird)
- Jerami Grant ($1,499,698, full Bird)
- Josh Huestis ($2,243,326, limited Bird)
- Raymond Felton ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Nick Collison ($1,499,698, full Bird)
- Corey Brewer ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Daniel Hamilton (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- P.J. Dozier (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
Draft Picks: 53rd, 57th from Boston Celtics (Perry Jones III); 20th to Minnesota (Enes Kanter, Ricky Rubio)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
- Trade Exception (Domantas Sabonis, expiring 7/6/18) — $2,550,000
- Trade Exception (Victor Oladipo, expiring 7/6/18) — $1,491,042
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Russell Westbrook — 15 percent
- Steven Adams — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony
G-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue (Mark Daigneault coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Billy Donovan (five years at roughly $30 million, starting for the 2015-16 season, final season a team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Maurice Cheeks, Anthony Grant, Mark Bryant, Darko Rajakovic, Vin Bhavnani, Royal Ivey
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — executive vice president of basketball operations and general manager
- Troy Weaver — vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager
- Rob Hennigan — vice president of insight and foresight
- Will Dawkins — vice president of identification and intelligence
- Maurizio Gherarini — senior advisor/international affairs
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following conveyance of pick to Minnesota Timberwolves, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to Orlando Magic (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/23/18 — Early Termination option for Carmelo Anthony.
- 6/29/18 — Player option on Paul George.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 9/29/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Russell Westbrook.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Josh Huestis.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dakari Johnson, Alex Abrines and Josh Huestis.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on Patrick Patterson.
- 8/15/19 — Kyle Singler’s $5.3 million guarantees for 2019-20
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Terrence Ferguson.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Chesapeake Energy Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)