Quick: Over the cap and tax threshold.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Domantas Sabonis, expiring 7/6/18) — $2,550,000
- Trade Exception (Victor Oladipo, expiring 7/6/18) — $1,491,042
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Patrick Patterson)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Russell Westbrook, Raymond Felton
SG: Terrence Ferguson, Alex Abrines, Andre Roberson (injured)
SF: Paul George, Josh Huestis, Kyle Singler
PF: Carmelo Anthony, Jerami Grant
C: Steven Adams, Patrick Patterson, Dakari Johnson, Nick Collison
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue (Mark Daigneault coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Daniel Hamilton (one-year), P.J. Dozier (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Billy Donovan (five years at roughly $30 million, starting for the 2015-16 season, final season a team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Maurice Cheeks, Anthony Grant, Mark Bryant, Darko Rajakovic, Vin Bhavnani, Royal Ivey
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — executive vice president of basketball operations and general manager
- Troy Weaver — vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager
- Rob Hennigan — vice president of insight and foresight
- Will Dawkins — vice president of identification and intelligence
- Maurizio Gherarini — senior advisor/international affairs
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Enes Kanter, Ricky Rubio).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Perry Jones III)
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following conveyance of pick to Minnesota Timberwolves, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to Orlando Magic (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- 6/23/18 — Early Termination option for Carmelo Anthony.
- 6/29/18 — Player option on Paul George.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 9/29/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Russell Westbrook.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Josh Huestis.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dakari Johnson, Alex Abrines and Josh Huestis.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on Patrick Patterson.
- 8/15/19 — Kyle Singler’s $5.3 million guarantees for 2019-20
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Terrence Ferguson.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Terrence Ferguson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/23/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Andre Roberson.
- 6/24/17 — Picked up the team option on Jerami Grant.
- 7/6/17 — Traded Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis to Indiana Pacers for Paul George.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Patrick Patterson to a three-year, $16,354,800 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Raymond Felton to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Andre Roberson to a three-year, $30.0 million contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Nick Collison to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/22/17 — Signed Dakari Johnson (2015-48th) to a two-year, $2,139,857 contract.
- 7/29/17 — Terrance Ferguson (2017-21st) signed a $10,323,693 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/3/17 — Signed Daniel Hamilton (2016-56th) to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/24/17 — Signed Rashawn Thomas to a one-year non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/24/17 — Signed Bryce Alford to a one-year non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/24/17 — Signed Markel Brown to a one-year non-guaranteed, $1,471,382 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/25/17 — Traded Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a 2018 Chicago Bulls second-rounder to New York Knicks for Carmelo Anthony.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Isaiah Canaan to a one-year non-guaranteed, $1,577,230 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/29/17 — Signed Russell Westbrook to a five-year, $205 million maximum extension (based on 2018-19 cap), player option on final season.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Yannis Morin to a one-year, non-guaranteed $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Chris Wright to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,471,382 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/17/17 — Signed P.J. Dozier to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 10/31/17 — Declined team option on Josh Huestis.
- 11/1/17 — Ersan Ilyasova trade exception expired.
- 1/10/18 — Jerami Grant’s $1,524,305 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifted on Andre Roberson.
Waived Players: Isaiah Canaan, Markel Brown, Semaj Christon, Rashawn Thomas, Bryce Alford, Yannis Morin, Chris Wright
Traded Players: Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis, Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
Arena: Chesapeake Energy Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Norris Cole ($1,471,382)
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony
- Russell Westbrook — 15 percent
- Steven Adams — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/12/18)