- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
- Top Prospects of adidas Nations
O’Neal, Hill headline hall of fame class
- Updated: March 25, 2014
Former LSU center Shaquille O’Neal, Duke forward Grant Hill and former Maryland coach Gary Williams were named to the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame on Tuesday.
Also elected by a eight-person committee were Zelmo Beaty of Prairie A&M, Darrell Griffith of Louisville, former LSU coach Dale Brown, Five-Star Basketball Camp founder Howard Garfinkel and former Stetson coach, author and clinic director Glenn Wilkes Sr.
The Class of 2014 will been inducted Nov. 23 in Kansas City, Mo.
Williams also coached at American, Boston College and Ohio State. He retired in 2011, having won an national title in 2002 and leading Maryland to back-to-back Final Four trips.
Hill won two consecutive national championships in 1991 and 1992 while playing at Duke. O’Neal was the national player of the year in 1991 and 1992.
» MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB