- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
Orlando Magic Still Sniffing For A Deal
- Updated: February 19, 2014
In what appears to be a flash-back to last year’s trade deadline where the Orlando Magic were actively denying interest in trades involving J.J. Redick, only to move him at the 11th hour, the Magic have again been repeatedly labeled as not open to deals this year.
League sources say the Magic have recently engaged in talks with a few teams on possible transactions and that while the team continues to play poker with its assets there is an increasing sense that the Magic might make a deal before tomorrow’s 3:00pm EST trade deadline.
The Magic are said to be open to trades that involve point guard Jameer Nelson and veteran forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis, but are turning away calls on guard Arron Afflalo.
Sources near the Magic were adamant during All-Star weekend that the team wasn’t overly active, but as of today that posture seems to have changed.
The Magic are being extremely guarded, as was the case last year, but it seems that talk of the Magic sitting out the deadline may be overstated.
» MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB