- NBA Saturday: Scout’s Take on 2014 Draft
- The Top 10 Players in the NBA
- NBA PM: Bulls Make Sense for Carmelo Anthony
- Paul George Wants to be Mentored by LeBron James
- NBA PM: Turner Getting Acclimated With Pacers
- 2014 Cap Space Projections – Southeast Division
- NBA PM: Dragic, Suns Somehow Emerge as Elite
- NBA PM: Dwyane Wade Talks Free Agency
- The Path to the Top Pick
- NBA AM: 20-Year Age Limit Is Coming
Orlando Magic Still Sniffing For A Deal
- Updated: February 19, 2014
In what appears to be a flash-back to last year’s trade deadline where the Orlando Magic were actively denying interest in trades involving J.J. Redick, only to move him at the 11th hour, the Magic have again been repeatedly labeled as not open to deals this year.
League sources say the Magic have recently engaged in talks with a few teams on possible transactions and that while the team continues to play poker with its assets there is an increasing sense that the Magic might make a deal before tomorrow’s 3:00pm EST trade deadline.
The Magic are said to be open to trades that involve point guard Jameer Nelson and veteran forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis, but are turning away calls on guard Arron Afflalo.
Sources near the Magic were adamant during All-Star weekend that the team wasn’t overly active, but as of today that posture seems to have changed.
The Magic are being extremely guarded, as was the case last year, but it seems that talk of the Magic sitting out the deadline may be overstated.
We are giving away prizes and gear all month long.