- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
Orlando Magic Still Sniffing For A Deal
- Updated: February 19, 2014
In what appears to be a flash-back to last year’s trade deadline where the Orlando Magic were actively denying interest in trades involving J.J. Redick, only to move him at the 11th hour, the Magic have again been repeatedly labeled as not open to deals this year.
League sources say the Magic have recently engaged in talks with a few teams on possible transactions and that while the team continues to play poker with its assets there is an increasing sense that the Magic might make a deal before tomorrow’s 3:00pm EST trade deadline.
The Magic are said to be open to trades that involve point guard Jameer Nelson and veteran forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis, but are turning away calls on guard Arron Afflalo.
Sources near the Magic were adamant during All-Star weekend that the team wasn’t overly active, but as of today that posture seems to have changed.
The Magic are being extremely guarded, as was the case last year, but it seems that talk of the Magic sitting out the deadline may be overstated.
» MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB