|C.J. Wilcox (waived)||$1,209,600|
|Arinze Onuaku (waived)||$444,078|
|Anthony Brown (waived)||$51,449|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Trade Exception (Serge Ibaka, expiring 2/14/18) — $2,250,000
- Room Exception: $2,648,000 (Patricio Garino, Marcus Georges-Hunt)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Elfrid Payton, D.J. Augustin, C.J. Watson
SG: Evan Fournier, Mario Hezonja, Marcus Georges-Hunt, Jodie Meeks (injured)
SF: Terrence Ross, Damjan Rudez, Patricio Garino
PF: Aaron Gordon, Jeff Green
C: Bismack Biyombo, Stephen Zimmerman, Nikola Vucevic (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/12/16 — Scott Skiles stepped down.
- 5/19/16 — Hired Coach Frank Vogel.
- 6/23/16 — Traded Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Donatas Sabonis (11th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for Serge Ibaka.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Jake Layman (47th) to Portland Trail Blazers for a 2019 second-rounder and $1.2 million.
- 6/29/16 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder to Detroit Pistons for Jodie Meeks.
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers to Evan Fournier and Dewayne Dedmon.
- 7/4/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Dewayne Dedmon.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Brandon Jennings, Andrew Nicholson, Dewayne Dedmon and Jason Smith.
- 7/7/16 — Removed Fran Vazquez salary cap. Vazquez will not join the NBA for the 2016/17 season.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Shabazz Napier to Portland Trail Blazers for $75,000.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jeff Green to a one-year, $15 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Bismack Biyombo to a four-year, $72 million contract, player option on final seasons, with $1 million in unlikely incentives per year.
- 7/7/16 — Signed D.J. Augustin to a four-year, $29 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Stephen Zimmerman (2016-41st) signed a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Evan Fournier to a five-year, $85 million contract, player option in final season.
- 7/15/16 — Traded Devyn Marble and a Cleveland Cavaliers’ 2020 second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers for C.J. Wilcox and $230,000.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Damjam Rudez to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Arinze Onuaku to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Branden Dawson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Cliff Alexander to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Nick Johnson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Kevin Murphy to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Signed Ramon Galloway to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/25/16 — Picked up team options on Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja and Elfrid Payton.
- 10/31/16 — Declined team option on C.J. Wilcox.
- 1/10/17 – Damjan Rudez’s $980,431 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/22/17 — Signed Anthony Brown to a 10-day $51,449 contract.
- 2/14/17 — Traded Serge Ibaka to Toronto Raptors for Terrence Ross and a 2017 first-rounder.
- 4/3/17 — Signed Marcus Georges-Hunt to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,462,611 contract.
- 4/3/17 — Signed Patricio Garino to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,412,611 contract.
Waived Players: Cliff Alexander, Kevin Murphy, Branden Dawson, Ramon Galloway, Nick Johnson, Arinze Onuaku, C.J. Wilcox
Traded Players: Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova, Shabazz Napier, Serge Ibaka
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Anthony Brown
Head Coach: Frank Vogel (four-year deal signed before 2016-17 season, roughly $4-5 million per year)
Assistants: Chad Forcier, Corliss Williamson, David Adelman, Jay Hernandez (assistant/player development)
Trainer: Keon Weise
- Rob Hennigan — general manager (contract through 2017/18 season)
- Scott Perry — vice president and assistant general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
- 2017 — Owed the lower first-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (top-14 protected through 2019) or Toronto Raptors (top-10 protected through 2017, top-14 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2022 and 2023) — (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez, Serge Ibaka).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman).
- 2019 — Have right to swap picks with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), most favorable of Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets.
- 2019 — Owe lowest second-rounder to Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $75,000 from Portland Trail Blazers (Shabazz Napier); $230,000 from Los Angeles Clippers (C.J. Wilcox)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks (Bill Peterson coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/29/17)