|Jonah Bolden (waived)||$1,698,450|
|Glenn Robinson III||$1,620,564|
|Trey Burke (waived)||$1,620,564|
|Marial Shyok (two-way)|
|Ryan Broekhoff (two-way substitute)|
Quick: Spent over the cap for 2019-20.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way, one substitute two-way
PG: Ben Simmons, Shake Milton, Raul Neto
SG: Josh Richardson, Furkan Korkmaz, Alec Burks, Ryan Broekhoff (substitute), Zhaire Smith (injured)
SF: Matisse Thybulle, Glenn Robinson III, Marial Shayok (two-way)
PF: Tobias Harris, Mike Scott
C: Joel Embiid, Al Horford, Norvel Pelle, Kyle O’Quinn
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (James Ennis, expiring 2/6/21) — $1,882,867
- Room Exception — $0 (Mike Scott)
Waived Players: Haywood Highsmith (twice), Christ Koumadje, Isaiah Miles, Shizz Alston, Jared Brownridge, Terry Harris, Xavier Munford, Julian Washburn, Trey Burke, Jonah Bolden
Traded Players: Jonathon Simmons, Jimmy Butler (sign and trade), James Ennis
G-League Affiliate: Delaware Blue Coats (Matt Lilly general manager, Connor Johnson coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Marial Shayok (two years)
Head Coach: Brett Brown
Assistants: Ime Udoka, Joseph Blair, Kevin Young, John Bryant (player development), Alvin Williams (player development), John Townsend (shooting coach), Chris Babcock (assistant director of player development), Jim O’Brien (senior advisor)
Trainers: Kevin N. Johnson, Jesse Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Elton Brand — general manager
- Ned Cohen — assistant general manager
- Alex Rucker — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — senior vice president of player personnel
- Vince Rozman — senior director of basketball operations
- Zach Sogolow — director, basketball operations
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks, Markelle Fultz).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez). Lower of the Brooklyn/Nets pick to the Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Dallas Mavericks (Nerlens Noel).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (Talen Horton-Tucker, James Ennis).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder (31-55 range) from the Atlanta Hawks (Bruno Fernando).
- 2020 — Owe a first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) to the Brooklyn Nets (Tobias Harris, Mfiondu Kabengele).
- 2021 — The Houston Rockets can swap second-rounders (James Ennis).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Malachi Richardson).
- 2022 — The Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the Denver Nuggets, the higher pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
- 2023 — Owed a the highest second-rounder from the Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets and Brooklyn Nets (Bruno Fernando).
- 2024– Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Miami HEAT (Dwyane Wade, Kevin Porter Jr., Jordan Bone).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $2 million from the Detroit Pistons (Jordan Bone) — $3,617,000 remaining
- 5/14/19 — Received the 24th, 33rd (from the Cleveland Cavaliers) and 42nd (from the Sacramento Kings) picks in the draft lottery.
- 5/20/19 — James Ennis opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/18/19 — Jimmy Butler opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Ty Jerome (24th), Carsen Edwards (33rd), Bruno Fernando (34th), Admiral Schofield (42nd), Marial Shayok (54th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Ty Jerome (24th) and Carsen Edwards (33rd) to the Boston Celtics for the rights to Matisse Thybulle (20th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded Jonathon Simmons and the rights to Admiral Schofield (42nd) to the Washington Wizards for $2 million.
- 6/24/19 — Waived Haywood Highsmith.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Norvel Pelle to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Renounced the draft rights to Anzejs Pasecniks (2017-25th).
- 7/3/19 — Signed Matisse Thybulle (2019-20th) to a $12,513,127 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/19 –Sent Jimmy Butler (via sign and trade) to the Miami HEAT (via sign-and-trade) and the rights to Mathias Lessort (2017-50th) to the Los Angeles Clippers for Josh Richardson from Miami.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced J.J. Redick, Amir Johnson, Mike Scott, Boban Marjanovic, Greg Monroe, James Ennis and Furkan Korkmaz.
- 7/7/19 — Traded the rights to Bruno Fernando (34th) to the Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Jordan Bone (57th) and two future second-rounders.
- 7/7/19 — Traded the rights to Jordan Bone (57th) to the Detroit Pistons for a 2024 second-rounder and $2 million.
- 7/7/19 — Ended the two-way contract of Shake Milton, signing him to a four-year $6,991,746 minimum contract, team option on final season.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Marial Shayok (2019-54th) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/10/19 — Signed Al Horford to a partially-guaranteed four-year $109 million contract
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Tobias Harris to a five-year $180 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Mike Scott to a two-year $9,772,350 contract.
- 7/11/19 — Re-signed James Ennis to a two-year $4,012,890 minimum contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/11/19 — Signed Raul Neto to a $1,737,145 minimum contract.
- 7/11/19 — Sign Kyle O’Quinn to a $2,174,318 minimum contract.
- 7/16/19 — Signed Ben Simmons to a five-year designated rookie extension (if he qualifies) at an estimated $166,750,000.
- 7/19/19 — Signed Christ Koumadje to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/25/19 — Signed Furkan Korkmaz to a partially-guaranteed $3,383,360 minimum contract.
- 7/30/19 — Signed Trey Burke to a non/partially-guaranteed $2,208,594 minimum contract.
- 8/8/19 — Signed Isaiah Miles to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/19 — Re-signed Haywood Highsmith to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/16/19 — Picked up Zhaire Smith’s third-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Haywood Highsmith, Christ Koumadje and Isaiah Miles.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Shizz Alston to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Jared Brownridge to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Terry Harris to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Xavier Munford to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Julian Washburn to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/22/19 — Trey Burke’s salary guaranteed at $810,282.
- 1/10/20 — Trey Burke’s $2,028,594 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 2/6/20 — Waived Trey Burke.
- 2/6/20 — Traded James Ennis to the Orlando Magic for a Los Angeles Lakers 2020 second-rounder.
- 2/6/20 — Traded a Dallas Mavericks 2020 second-rounder, a Denver Nuggets 2021 second-rounder and a 2022 Toronto Raptors second-rounder to the Golden State Warriors for Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III.
- 2/7/20 — Signed Norvel Pelle to a partially-guaranteed two-year $1,868,170 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 6/27/20 — Signed Ryan Broekhoff to a substitute contract (two-way).
- Tobias Harris — lower of five percent or $5 million
- Ben Simmons — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None.
- Second-rounders: Vasilije Micic (2014-52nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th)
Arena: Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/30/20)