Connect with us

Headlines

Report: NBA Suspends Hornets’ Taylor for 24 Games

Basketball Insiders

Published

on

The NBA has suspended Charlotte Hornets forward Jeff Taylor for 24 games without pay after he pleaded guilty last month to misdemeanor domestic violence assault and malicious destruction of hotel property.

Taylor will get credit for the 11 games he has missed, and will sit out an additional 13, which is slightly more than one-fourth of the league’s 82-game schedule.

“This suspension is necessary to protect the interests of the NBA and the public’s confidence in it,” NBA commissioner Adam Silver said in a release Wednesday. “Mr. Taylor’s conduct violates applicable law and, in my opinion, does not conform to standards of morality and is prejudicial and detrimental to the NBA.”

via ESPN

Advertisement




Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Steve Ballmer: Clippers Moving to Inglewood ‘come hell or high water’

Basketball Insiders

Published

on

“I love L.A. I also love my wife, by the way, but I love L.A. and I don’t want there to be any mistake about it. We want to be part of the fabric of this community,” said [Steve] Ballmer, who stepped down as Microsoft’s CEO early in 2014, shortly before he rescued the Clippers from the clutches of disgraced Donald Sterling and bought the franchise for $2 billion.

“We’re moving to Inglewood come hell or high water,” he said of a proposed arena near the site of the stadium being constructed for the Rams and Chargers. “We gotta have a house. So we’re working on a plan to get our own house. We want to get our own house. It turns out the way this works in L.A., which is much beloved to me, that if you start now you might be done in six years.” He then urged fans to contact their Assembly representative and state senator to urge approval of legislation that would accelerate the process. He probably inspired more than a few emails and phone calls.

Source: Helene Elliot of the Los Angeles Times

Continue Reading

2018 Free Agency Diary

Sources: Rockets, Bruno Caboclo Agree to Deal

Basketball Insiders

Published

on

Free agent forward Bruno Caboclo, Houston have reach an agreement, league sources tell ESPN.

Source: Chris Haynes on Twitter

Continue Reading

Headlines

Sources: Rockets Waive R.J. Hunter

Basketball Insiders

Published

on

Sources: The Houston Rockets have waived former Celtics first-round pick R.J. Hunter, who was on a two-way deal.

Source: Shams Charania on Twitter

Continue Reading
Advertisement

NBA Team Salaries

Advertisement

Trending Now