|Matt Barnes (waived)||$6,125,000|
|Wayne Ellington (waived)||$882,630|
|Caron Butler (waived)||$517,220|
|Isaiah Cousins (waived)||$100,000|
|Lamar Patterson (waived)||$100,000|
|Jordan Farmar (waived)||$66,381|
|Jordan Farmar (waived)||$16,595|
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Trade Exception (Omri Casspi, expiring 2/20/18) — $2,963,814
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Ty Lawson, Langston Galloway
SG: Darren Collison, Buddy Hield, Ben McLemore, Garrett Temple, Tyreke Evans, Malachi Richardson
SF: Arron Afflalo, Rudy Gay (injured)
PF: Willie Cauley-Stein, Anthony Tolliver, Skal Labissiere
C: Kosta Koufos, Georgios Papagiannis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/14/16 — Fired George Karl.
- 4/22/16 — Quincy Acy opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 4/26/16 — Seth Curry opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 4/30/16 — James Anderson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 5/9/16 — Hired Coach Dave Joerger.
- 6/20/16 — Caron Butler opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Marquese Chriss (8th) to Phoenix Suns for a 2020 Detroit Pistons second-rounder and the rights to three players — Georgios Papagiannis (13th), Skal Labissiere (28th) and Bogdan Bogdanovic (27th).
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Isaiah Cousins (59th).
- 6/27/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Seth Curry.
- 7/3/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer from Seth Curry.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Marco Belinelli to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Malachi Richardson (22nd).
- 7/7/16 — Signed Matt Barnes to a two-year, $12.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/16 — Renounced the rights to Quincy Acy, Seth Curry, James Anderson and Eric Moreland.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Arron Afflalo to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $25 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Garrett Temple to a three-year, $24 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/16 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $16 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Malachi Richardson (2016-22nd) to a $7.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed Georgios Papagiannis (2016-13th) to a $10.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Claimed Lamar Patterson off waivers (Atlanta Hawks).
- 7/15/16 — Signed Skal Labissiere (2016-28th) to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/30/16 — Signed Ty Lawson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,315,448 summer contract.
- 9/6/16 — Signed Isaiah Cousins (2016-59th) to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($100,000).
- 9/13/16 — Signed Jordan Farmar to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,410,598 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Picked up third-year option on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 10/31/16 — No extension reached with Ben McLemore.
- 11/2/16 — Signed Jordan Farmar to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,344,217 contract.
- 1/10/17 — Ty Lawson’s $1,315,448 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/20/17 — Traded DeMarcus Cousins and Omri Casspi to New Orleans Pelicans for Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, a protected 2017 first-rounder and a Philadelphia 76ers second-rounder.
Waived Players: Caron Butler, Duje Dukan, Lamar Patterson, Isaiah Cousins, Jordan Farmar (twice), Matt Barnes
Traded Players: DeMarcus Cousins, Omri Casspi
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (four-year, $16 million deal starting for 2016-17 season — team option on final year)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Duane Ticknor, Bryan Gates, Nancy Lieberman, Jason March, Bob Thornton, Larry Lewis (player development/assistant coach), Dan Hartfield (advance scout/assistant coach)
Trainers: Pete Youngman (director of sports medicine), Manny Romero (head athletic trainer), Ramsey Nijem (head strength and conditioning coach)
- Vlade Divac — vice president of basketball and general manager
- Ken Catanella — assistant general manager
- Mike Bratz — assistant general manager
- Peja Stojakovic — director of player personnel and development.
- Roland Beech — vice president of basketball strategy and data science
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected, details TBD) from New Orleans Pelicans (DeMarcus Cousins).
- 2017 — Philadelphia 76ers have the right to swap first-rounders (Nik Stauskas), provided the Kings’ pick is in the top-10.
- 2017 – Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected, otherwise it converts to a 2017 second-rounder, provided it’s higher than 56 to Chicago Bulls (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Philadelphia 76ers (Ish Smith, DeMarcus Cousins).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Orlando Magic (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2018 — Kings have the right to swap second-rounders with Portland Trail Blazers (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez). Blazers will send pick to Denver Nuggets (Mason Plumlee).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nik Stauskas).
- 2019 — Milwaukee Bucks have the right to swap second-rounders (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute). Pick may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Bogdan Bogdanovic (2014-27th, cap hold $996,700)
- Second-rounders: Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Luka Mitrovic (2015-60th), Alex Oriakhi (2013-57th), Dejan Bodrioga (1995-51st)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Reno Bighorns (Darrick Martin head coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/1/17)