|Anthony Bennett (waived)||$947,276|
|Ronald Roberts (waived)||$75,000|
|Shannon Scott (waived)||$25,000|
|Michale Kyser (waived)||$25,000|
|Alex Toupane (waived)||$25,000|
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$16.8 million
- Room: $0 (Bismack Biyombo)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Kyle Lowry, Cory Joseph, Delon Wright
SG: Norman Powell, Terrence Ross
SF: DeMar DeRozan, James Johnson, DeMarre Carroll (injured)
PF: Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Bruno Caboclo
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Bismack Biyombo, Jason Thompson, Lucas Nogueira
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/15/16 — Player option on DeMar DeRozan.
- 6/22/16 or seven days following team’s last game, whichever is earlier — Player option on Bismack Biyombo.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo and Delon Wright.
- Earlier of three days before 2017 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s final game — Player option on Kyle Lowry.
- 6/29/17 — Norman Powell’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Lucas Nogueira and Bruno Caboclo.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Delon Wright.
- Earlier of two days before 2018 NBA Draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option on Cory Joseph.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo and Norman Powell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Delon Wright.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Delon Wright.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Delon Wright with the 20th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Greivis Vasquez to Milwaukee Bucks for the rights to Norman Powell (2015-46th) and 2017 first-rounder (via Los Angeles Clippers).
- 6/29/15 — Traded the rights to Tomislav Zubic (2012-56th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for Luke Ridnour and cash ($250k).
- 7/3/15 — Signed Delon Wright to a $7.3 million rookie-scale deal
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Lou Williams, Amir Johnson, Chuck Hayes, Tyler Hansbrough, Landry Fields, Mickael Pietrus and Greg Stiemsma.
- 7/9/15 — Signed DeMarre Carroll to a four-year, $58 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Cory Joseph to a four-year, $29.9 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/15/15 — Signed Luis Scola to a one-year, $2.9 million contract.
- 7/15/15 — Signed Norman Powell (2015-46th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/18/15 — Signed Bismack Biyombo to a two-year, $5.8 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Michale Kyser to a one-year, non-guaranteed ($25k) $525k minimum contract.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Axel Toupane to a one-year, non-guaranteed ($25k) $525k minimum contract.
- 7/21/15 — Signed Ronald Roberts to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 8/20/15 — Signed Jonas Valanciunas to a four-year, $64.0 million extension, player option on final season.
- 8/20/15 — Signed Shannon Scott to a partially-guaranteed ($25k) $525k minimum contract.
- 9/27/15 — Signed Anthony Bennett to a $947k minimum contract.
- 9/29/15 — Picked up Lucas Nogueira’s third-year option.
- 9/29/15 — Picked up Bruno Caboclo’s third-year option.
- 11/2/15 — Signed Terrence Ross to a three-year, $31 million extension.
- 3/1/16 — Signed Jason Thompson for the rest of the season at $329.0k.
Waived Players: Luke Ridnour, Ronald Roberts, Michale Kyser, Axel Toupane, Shannon Scott, Anthony Bennett
Unsigned Second-Round Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season)
Assistants: Nick Nurse, Jama Mahlalela, Rex Kalamian, Andy Greer, Jerry Stackhouse
Trainer: Scott McCullough
- Masai Ujiri — President & General Manager
- Jeff Weltman — Executive Vice President
- Teresa Resch — Vice President of Basketball Operations and Player Development
- Dan Tolzman — Director, Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owed a first-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani) — the lower pick between New York and Denver (Carmelo Anthony)
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Jerry Stackhouse). Pick could go to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Linas Kleiza.
D-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (General Manager Dan Tolzman, Head Coach Jesse Mermuys)
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/25/16)