|Shannon Brown (waived)||$3,500,000|
|Kendall Marshall (waived)||$2,005,560|
|Malcolm Lee (waived)||$884,293|
|Glen Rice Jr.||$490,180|
|Drew Gooden (waived)||$52,017|
|Drew Gooden (waived)||$52,017|
Quick: Over the cap. Hard Cap.
2014 NBA Draft: 46th; 18th to Phoenix Suns
2014/15 Projected Space ($63.2 million cap estimate): Up to $16.6 million, assuming Marcin Gortat and Trevor Ariza aren’t retained.
- Trade Exception (Emeka Okafor, expiring 10/25/14) — $1,254,660
- Trade Exception (Eric Maynor, expiring 2/20/15) — $2,016,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Andre Miller
SG: Bradley Beal, Garrett Temple, Glen Rice Jr.
SF: Trevor Ariza, Martell Webster, Otto Porter, Chris Singleton
PF: Nene, Drew Gooden, Trevor Booker, Al Harrington
C: Marcin Gortat, Kevin Seraphin
*Note: Based on previous season. Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Randy Wittman
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 6/27/13 — Traded the 38th and 54th picks in the 2013 NBA Draft to the Philadelphia 76ers for the 35th pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Otto Porter (3rd) and Glen Rice Jr. (35th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Otto Porter to a $19.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Glen Rice Jr. to a two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Martell Webster to a four-year, $22 million contract (4th year non/partial guaranteed).
- 7/10/13 — Signed Eric Maynor to a two-year, 4.1 million contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Garrett Temple to a one-year, $916,099 minimum contract.
- 7/31/13 — Signed John Wall to an estimated five-year $78.8 million extension (exact figures TBD until July 2014).
- 8/13/13 — Signed Al Harrington to a one-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/26/13 — Signed Xavier Silas to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Pop Mensah-Bonsu to a one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Josh Childress to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed D’or Fischer to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 10/25/13 — Traded Emeka Okafor and a protected 2014 first-round pick to the Phoenix Suns for Marcin Gortat, Malcolm Lee, Kendall Marshall and Shannon Brown.
- 10/28/13 — Picked up the third-year option on Bradley Beal.
- 10/31/13 — Declined fourth-year options on Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton.
- 2/20/14 — Traded Eric Maynor and a second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers and Jan Vesely to the Denver Nuggets for Andre Miller and a protected second-rounder from the 76ers.
- 2/26/14 — Drew Gooden signed a 10-day contract.
- 3/8/14 — Drew Gooden signed a second 10-day contract.
- 3/18/14 — Drew Gooden signed to a one-year minimum contract.
Waived Players: D’or Fischer, Josh Childress, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Xavier Silas, Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown, Malcolm Lee
- Bird: Mo Evans*
- Non-Bird: Cartier Martin, Jason Collins, Leandro Barbosa, Morris Almond*, James Singleton*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd), Emir Preldzic (2009-57th)
Amnesty: Andray Blatche 2013-14 $7,794,921; 2014-15 $8,471,339
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/28/14)