|Martell Webster (waived)||$833,334|
|Danuel House (waived)||$543,471|
|Jarell Eddie (waived)||$175,000|
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Trade Exception (Andrew Nicholson, expiring 2/22/18) — $2,515,973
- Room Exception: $1,698,000 (Brandon Jennings)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: John Wall, Brandon Jennings, Trey Burke
SG: Bradley Beal, Tomas Satoransky, Sheldon McClellan
SF: Otto Porter, Kelly Oubre
PF: Markieff Morris, Bojan Bogdanovic, Chris McCullough
C: Marcin Gortat, Ian Mahinmi, Jason Smith, Daniel Ochefu
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/14/16 — Fired Coach Randy Wittman.
- 4/21/16 — Hired Coach Scott Brooks to an estimated five-year, $35 million contract.
- 6/23/16 — Issued qualifying offer Bradley Beal.
- 7/7/16 — Traded a 2021 second-rounder to Utah Jazz for Trey Burke.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Alan Anderson, Nene, Al Harrington, Marcus Thornton, J.J. Hickson, Ramon Sessions, Jared Dudley, Garrett Temple and Will Bynum.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Daniel Ochefu to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($50,000) $2.5 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ian Mahinmi to a four-year, $62 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Andrew Nicholson to a four-year, $26 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jason Smith to a three-year, $15.7 million contract, player option in final season.
- 7/21/16 — Signed Tomas Satoransky (2012-32nd) to a three-year, $9.0 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Marcus Thornton to a one-year, $1.3 million contract.
- 7/25/16 — Signed Sheldon McClellan to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Danuel House to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Bradley Beal to a five-year, $127.2 million contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Casper Ware to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Johnny O’Bryant to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Picked up third-year option on Kelly Oubre.
- 1/10/17 — Sheldon McClellan, Danuel House and Daniel Ochefu’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/22/17 — Traded Andrew Nicholson, Marcus Thornton and a protected 2017 first-rounder for Bojan Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough.
- 3/1/17 — Signed Brandon Jennings for the rest of the season at $1.2 million.
Waived Players: Drew Gooden, Jarell Eddie, Casper Ware, Johnny O’Bryant, Danuel House
Traded Players: Andrew Nicholson, Marcus Thornton
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Tony Brown, Sidney Lowe, Chad Iske, Mike Terpstra, Maz Trakh, David Adkins
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — President of Basketball Operations
- Tommy Sheppard — Vice President of Basketball Administration
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected) to Brooklyn Nets (Bojan Bogdanovic).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Kelly Oubre).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Utah Jazz (Trey Burke).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aaron White (2015-49th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: None
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/2/17)