|Wesley Johnson (waived)||$6,134,520|
|Troy Brown Jr.||$2,749,080|
|Okaro White (waived)||$256,373|
|Martell Webster (waived)||$833,333|
|Ron Baker (waived)||$170,915|
|Chasson Randle (waived)||$121,978|
|John Jenkins (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Gary Payton II (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Devin Robinson (two-way)|
Quick: Currently over the cap and in the tax.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Tomas Satoransky, Chasson Randle, John Wall (injured)
SG: Bradley Beal, Jordan McRae, Tarik Phillip
SF: Trevor Ariza, Sam Dekker, Troy Brown Jr., Devin Robinson (two-way)
PF: Jeff Green, Bobby Portis, Jabari Parker
C: Thomas Bryant, Ian Mahinmi, Dwight Howard (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Marcin Gortat, expiring 6/26/19) — $957,609
- Trade Exception (Jodie Meeks, expiring 10/15/19) — $694,405
- Trade Exception (Jason Smith, expiring 12/7/19) — $5,450,000
- Trade Exception (Kelly Oubre, expiring 12/17/19) — $3,208,630
- Trade Exception (Otto Porter, expiring 2/6/20) — $6,011,913
- Trade Exception (Markieff Morris, expiring 2/7/20) — $8,600,000
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Dwight Howard)
Waived Players: Lavoy Allen, Chasson Randle, Chris Chiozza, Tiwian Kendley, Oleksandr Kobets, Chasson Randle, Okaro White, Ron Baker, Wesley Johnson
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Gary Payton II, John Jenkins
Traded Players: Marcin Gortat, Jodie Meeks, Jason Smith, Austin Rivers, Kelly Oubre, Markieff Morris
G-League Affiliate: Capital City Go-Go (Pops Mensah-Bonsu general manager, Jarell Christian head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Devin Robinson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Tony Brown, Robert Pack, Ryan Richman, Kristi Tolliver, Chad Iske, Mike Terpstra, Maz Trakh, David Adkins
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Ernie Grunfeld — president
- Tommy Sheppard — senior vice president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (Sheldon Mac).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets or Charlotte Hornets (Kelly Oubre, Jamal Crawford, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jared Dudley, Jodie Meeks, Jason Smith, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Trey Burke, Kyle Korver, George Hill, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Sam Dekker).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder (top-36 protected) from the Chicago Bulls (Otto Porter).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Markieff Morris).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max):00 max): $500,000 to Milwaukee Bucks (Jason Smith) — $4,743,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/12/18 — Jodie Meeks opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Troy Brown Jr. (15th) and Yusuf Sanon (44th).
- 6/26/18 — Traded Marcin Gortat to Los Angeles Clippers for Austin Rivers.
- 6/29/18 — Jason Smith opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/2/18 — Claimed Thomas Bryant off waivers (Los Angeles Lakers).
- 7/4/18 — Signed Troy Brown Jr. (2018-15th) to a $14,511,964 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/18 — Reportedly agreed to sign Jeff Green to a one-year $2,393,887 contract.
- 7/11/18 — Signed Dwight Howard to a two-year $10,940,850 contract, player option in final season.
- 9/7/18 — Signed Chris Chiozza to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/10/18 — Signed Tiwian Kendley to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/10/18 — Signed Jordan McRae to a two-way contract.
- 9/18/18 — Signed Lavoy Allen to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,893,447 minimum summer contract.
- 9/19/18 — Signed Chasson Randle to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/13/18 — Signed Oleksandr Kobets to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Traded Jodie Meeks and cash (TBD) to the Milwaukee Bucks, reducing the protection on the Wizards’ 2020 second-rounder to top-45.
- 10/30/18 — Signed Chasson Randle to a one-year $1,337,872 minimum contract.
- 11/23/18 — Signed Okaro White to a non-guaranteed rest-of-season $1,187,862 minimum contract.
- 12/7/18 — Traded Jason Smith, adjusted protections on a 2020 second-rounder and sent $500,000 to the Milwaukee Bucks, and sent a 2022 second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Sam Dekker.
- 12/17/18 — Traded Kelly Oubre and Austin Rivers to the Phoenix Suns for Trevor Ariza.
- 12/18/18 — Signed Chasson Randle for the rest of the season at $869,094.
- 12/21/18 — Signed Ron Baker for the rest of the season at $948,580.
- 1/10/19 — Chasson Randle’s $869,094 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 1/21/19 — Signed Gary Payton II to a 10-day $85,458 contract.
- 1/30/19 — Gary Payton II’s 10-day contract expires.
- 1/31/19 — Signed John Jenkins to a 10-day $99,290 contract.
- 2/6/19 — Traded Otto Porter to the Chicago Bulls for Jabari Parker, Bobby Portis and a protected 2023 second-rounder.
- 2/8/19 — Sheldon Mac trade exception ($1,312,611) expired.
- 2/10/19 — John Jenkins’ 10-day contract expired.
- 3/11/19 — John Wall disabled player exception expired ($8,641,000).
- 4/9/19 — Signed Jordan McRae to a partially-guaranteed two-year $1,662,449 contract.
- 4/9/19 — Signed Tarik Phillip to a partially-guaranteed two-year $1,426,326 contract.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Ramon Sessions** ($1,618,486), Ty Lawson** ($1,618,486)
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Yusuf Sanon (2018-44th), Aaron White (2015-49th)
Arena: Capital One Arena
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Chasson Randle (signing restriction), Ron Baker (signing restriction)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/19/19)