|CJ Miles (waived)||$8,730,158|
|Tony Brown Jr.||$3,219,480|
|Gary Payton II||$1,052,909|
|Jonathon Simmons (waived)||$1,000,000|
|Justin Robinson (waived)||$395,865|
|Jemerrio Jones (waived)||$195,077|
|Johnathan Williams (waived)||$106,181|
|Garrison Mathews (two-way)|
|Johnathan Williams (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped by the Ish Smith signing
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways, two substitute contracts
PG: Ish Smith, Shabazz Napier, Jerian Grant (substitute), Gary Payton II, John Wall (injured)
SG: Bradley Beal, Jerome Robinson, Admiral Schofield, Garrison Mathews (two-way)
SF: Isaac Bonga, Troy Brown Jr., Jarrod Uthoff
PF: Rui Hachimura, Davis Bertans (opted out)
C: Thomas Bryant, Ian Mahinmi, Moritz Wagner, Johnathan Williams (two-way), Anzejs Pasecniks
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Tomas Satoransky, expiring 10/24/20) — $1,432,280
- Trade Exception (Jordan McRae, expiring 2/6/21) — $1,645,347
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Thomas, expiring 2/6/21) — $1,520,564
- Mid-Level Exception — $1,359,690 (Ish Smith, Justin Robinson, Admiral Schofield)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Jonathon Simmons, Tarik Phillip, Michael Cobbins, Kellen Dunham, Justin Anderson, Jemerrio Jones, Phil Booth, Dikembe Dixson, Jalen Jones, Anzejs Pasecniks, Chris Chiozza (two-way), Johnathan Williams, Justin Robinson, CJ Miles
Traded Players: Dwight Howard, Isaiah Thomas, Jordan McRae
G-League Affiliate: Capital City Go-Go (Pops Mensah-Bonsu general manager, Ryan Richman head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Garrison Mathews, Johnathan Williams
Head Coach: Scott Brooks (five-year, $35 million deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Robert Pack, Mike Terpstra, Mike Longabardi, Dean Oliver, Corey Gaines, Jarell Christian, David Adkins (director of player development), Kristi Tolliver
Development assistant coaches: Kristi Tolliver, Kamran Sufi, Alex McLean, Landon Tatum, Ryan Lumpkin, Jimmy Bradshaw, Isaac Jenkins, Mike Williams
Trainer: Eric Waters
- Tommy Sheppard — general manager
- Rod Thorn — senior advisor to the general manager
- Brett Greenberg — assistant general manager for strategy and analytics
- Johnny Rogers — vice president of pro personnel
- Mark Simpson — vice president of player performance
- Antawn Jamison — director of pro personnel
- 2020 — Owed a the higher second-rounder from the Chicago Bulls (56-60) and Memphis Grizzlies (56-60) (Tomas Satoransky).
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jared Dudley, Jodie Meeks, Jason Smith, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Trey Burke, Kyle Korver, George Hill, Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from either the Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls or Detroit Pistons (Tomas Satoransky).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Sam Dekker).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (Anthony Davis).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from the Chicago Bulls (Otto Porter).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Markieff Morris).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1.1 million to the New Orleans Pelicans (Anthony Davis) — $4,517,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 4/2/19 — President Ernie Grunfeld fired.
- 4/18/19 — Dwight Howard opted into the final year of his contract.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 9th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Rui Hachimura (9th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded $2,000,000 to the Philadelphia 76ers for Jonathon Simmons and the rights to Admiral Schofield (42nd).
- 6/22/19 — Declined team option on Jabari Parker.
- 6/25/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Thomas Bryant, Tomas Satoransky and Bobby Portis.
- 6/26/19 — Marcin Gortat trade exception expired.
- 6/26/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offers to Sam Dekker and Chasson Randle.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Rui Hachimura (2019-9th) to a $20,341,348 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/19 — Traded Dwight Howard to the Memphis Grizzlies for CJ Miles.
- 7/6/19 — Traded $1.1 million to the New Orleans Pelicans for Isaac Bonga, Mo Wagner, Jemerrio Jones and a 2022 second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers with Anthony Davis going from the Pelicans to the Lakers.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced Trevor Ariza, Jabari Parker and Sam Dekker.
- 7/6/19 — Re-signed Thomas Bryant to a three-year $25 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Waived Jonathon Simmons.
- 7/7/19 — Sent Tomas Satoransky, via sign and trade, to the Chicago Bulls for a protected 2020 second-rounder, 2022 second-round swap rights and removal of protection of a 2023 second-rounder.
- 7/8/19 — Traded the rights to Aaron White (2015-49th) to the Brooklyn Nets for Davis Bertans from the San Antonio Spurs with DeMarre Carroll going via sign and trade to the Spurs from the Nets.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Ish Smith to a two-year $12 million contract.
- 7/13/19 — Signed Admiral Schofield (2019-42nd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,300,602.
- 7/13/19 — Signed Justin Robinson to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Isaiah Thomas to a one-year $2,320,044 minimum contract.
- 7/19/19 — Named Tommy Sheppard general manager.
- 7/26/19 — Signed Phil Booth to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/15/19 — Waived Tarik Phillip.
- 9/1/19 — Jordan McRae’s salary guaranteed at $400,000 for 2019-20.
- 9/17/19 — Signed Justin Anderson to a non-guaranteed $1,737,145 minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/19 — Signed Kellen Dunham to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/19 — Waived Kellen Dunham.
- 9/25/19 — Picked up Troy Brown Jr. and Mo Wagner’s third-year options.
- 9/25/19 — Signed Michael Cobbins to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/26/19 — Waived Michael Cobbins.
- 9/26/19 — Signed Chris Chiozza to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/19 — Jodie Meeks trade exception ($694,405) expired.
- 10/16/19 — Waived Justin Anderson, Jemerrio Jones and Phil Booth.
- 10/16/19 — Signed Anzejs Pasecniks to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/16/19 — Signed Jalen Jones to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Bradley Beal to two-year $71,764,428 extension, player option on final season.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Dikembe Dixson to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/17/19 — Waived Dikembe Dixson.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Jalen Jones and Anzejs Pasecniks.
- 10/20/19 — Converted Chris Chiozza to a two-way contract.
- 10/23/19 — Jordan McRae’s salary guaranteed at $600,000.
- 12/7/19 — Jason Smith trade exception ($3,386,480) expired.
- 12/17/19 — Kelly Oubre trade exception ($714,284) expired.
- 12/17/19 — Waived Chris Chiozza (two-way).
- 12/17/19 — Signed Anzejs Pasecniks to a two-way contract.
- 12/20/19 — Jordan McRae’s salary $1,645,357 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 12/23/19 — Signed Gary Payton II to a non-guaranteed $1,090,781 minimum contract.
- 12/26/19 — Signed Johnathan Williams to a non-guaranteed $914,791 minimum contract.
- 1/5/20 — Waived Johnathan Williams.
- 1/10/20 — Gary Payton II’s $1,052,909 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/12/20 — Waived CJ Miles.
- 1/12/20 — Signed Anzejs Pasecniks to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,782,746 contract, ending his two-way.
- 1/12/20 — Signed Johnathan Williams to a two-way contract.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Isaiah Thomas to the Los Angeles Clippers and the rights to Issuf Sanon (2018-44th) to the New York Knicks for Jerome Robinson from the Clippers.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Jordan McRae to the Denver Nuggets for Shabazz Napier.
- 2/7/20 — Markieff Morris trade exception ($1,600,000) expired.
- 7/1/20 — Signed Jerian Grant to a $196,288 substitute contract (for Davis Bertans).
- 7/17/20 — Signed Jarrod Uthoff to a $163,356 substitute contract.
- John Wall — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Chasson Randle ($1,620,564), Ramon Sessions** ($1,620,564), Ty Lawson** ($1,620,564)
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
Arena: Capital One Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/20/20)