- NBA Playoff Matchups, Schedule Set
- Clifford’s Critique Led to Walker’s Success
- Phil Jackson’s Carmelo Anthony Conundrum
- NBA PM: Al Jefferson Deserves MVP Consideration
- Time For Pacers’ Frank Vogel To Feel The Heat?
- Head-to-Head: Knocking off the Pacers/Heat
- Cheap Seats: Defensive Player of the Year?
- The True Cost of Guaranteed Contracts in the NBA
- “Tanking” Just Isn’t a Big Deal
- How Zach LaVine Can Help Your Favorite NBA Team
Woodson: ‘Melo was Built for New York’
- Updated: January 30, 2014
If Mike Woodson seems overjoyed these days, he should. There’s a lot to smile about. His team has a three-game winning streak going into Thursday’s contest against stumbling Cleveland at the Garden. And Carmelo Anthony’s wife says she believes the free agent-to-be “definitely” will stay with the Knicks.
“I love it. I’ve been saying the same thing. I think he’s going to stay,” Woodson said Wednesday during his weekly spot on ESPN New York 98.7 FM. “I want him to stay. I think New York fans, they need him here.”
“These past three years the way he’s played has been tremendous,” Woodson said. “If he ends his career here, I think he won’t ever look back and say ‘I should have’ or ‘I could have.” I don’t think that’s ever been an issue. I think Melo was built for New York. I hope he stays here as well.”
We are giving away prizes and gear all month long.
| » FROM AROUND THE WEB