|Tim Hardaway Jr.||$1,304,520|
|Terran Petteway (waived)||$75,000|
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$35.5 million
- Room: $1,814,000 remaining unused (partially spent on Kris Humphries)
- Trade Exception (Justin Holiday, expiring 2/18/17) — $947,276
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder, Kirk Hinrich
SG: Kyle Korver, Tim Hardaway Jr., Lamar Patterson
SF: Kent Bazemore, Thabo Sefolosha
PF: Paul Millsap, Mike Scott, Mike Muscala
C: Al Horford, Kris Humphries, Walter Tavares, Tiago Splitter (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/29/16 — Team option on Mike Muscala.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/10/16 — Mike Scott’s $3.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Dennis Schroeder and Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 2/18/17 — Justin Holiday $947k TPE expires.
- 6/23/17 — Player option for Paul Millsap.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dennis Schroder, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Lamar Patterson.
- 1/10/17 — Mike Muscala’s 1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Lamar Patterson’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/15/17 — Walter Tavares’ $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Walter Tavares.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Kelly Oubre (2015-15th) to Washington Wizards for the rights to Jerian Grant (2015-19th), a 2016 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Jerian Grant (2015-19th) to New York Knicks for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Marcus Eriksson with the 50th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Dimitrios Agravanis with the 59th pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Pero Antic.
- 7/3/15 — Rescinded the qualifying offer to Pero Antic.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to John Jenkins, DeMarre Carroll, Elton Brand, Gustavo Ayon and Pero Antic.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Paul Millsap to a three-year, $60.2 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded the rights to Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th) and a protected 2017 second-rounder (top-55) to San Antonio Spurs for Tiago Splitter.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Walter Tavares to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3.0 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Justin Holiday to a two-year, $2.0 million contract.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Lamar Patterson (2014-48th) to a two-year, non-guaranteed ($75k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/23/15 — Signed Terran Petteway to a two-year, non-guaranteed ($75) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/18/15 — Signed Jason Richardson to a $1.5 million non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed DeQuan Jones to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Edgar Sosa to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Earl Barron to a non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Arsalan Kazemi to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/27/15 — Picked up the team’s option on Dennis Schroder (fourth-year) and Tim Hardaway Jr. (fourth-year).
- 1/10/16 — Guaranteed the salaries of Mike Muscala and Lamar Paterson ($525k).
- 2/18/16 — Traded Shelvin Mack to Utah Jazz and Justin Holiday to Chicago Bulls for Kirk Hinrich.
- 3/1/16 — Signed Kris Humphries for the rest of the season at $1 million.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Kay Felder (54th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for $2,465,386.
Waived Players: Austin Daye, Jason Richardson, Arsalan Kazemi, Edgar Sosa, Terran Petteway, Earl Barron, DeQuan Jones
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
Assistants: Kenny Atkinson, Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Neven Spahija, Ben Sullivan, Pete Radulovic (player development)
Trainer: Wally Blase
- Mike Budenholzer — President of Basketball Operations
- Wes Wilcox — General Manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — Executive Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Michael Blackstone — Assistant General Manager
- Dominique Wilkins — Vice President of Basketball
- Rick Sund — Senior Advisor, Basketball Operations
- Mike McNeive — Director of Basketball Operations
- John Treloar — Director of Player Personnel
- Jeff Peterson — Director of Scouting
- Malik Rose — Manager of Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre)
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).
- 2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-rounder, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Tiago Splitter).
- 2018 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne). Pick won’t be conveyed until two years after Minnesota’s obligation to Phoenix Suns is satisfied.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre)
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $2,465,386 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kay Felder)
- Jeff Teague — 10%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/19/16)
NBA Team Salaries
- Klay Thompson: “I should be on the NBA’s 75th Anniversary Team”
- Nets vs. 76ers: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Pacers vs. Wizards: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Knicks vs. Magic: Preview, Predictions and Betting Picks
- Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers: Betting Picks, Prediction, and Preview