|Tim Hardaway Jr.||$2,281,605|
|Walter Tavares (waived)||$1,000,000|
|Ryan Kelly (waived)||$418,228|
|Gary Neal (10-day contract)||$57,672|
|Lamar Patterson (10-day contract)||$51,449|
|Lamar Patterson (10-day contract)||$51,449|
|Matt Costello (waived)||$50,000|
|Lamar Patterson (waived)||$25,725|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Trade Exception (Mo Williams, expiring 1/18/18) — $2,194,500
- Trade Exception (Tiago Splitter, expiring 2/22/18) — $150,000
- Trade Exception (Mike Scott, expiring 2/23/18) — $3,333,334
- Room Exception: $398,000 (Malcolm Delaney)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Dennis Schröder, Malcolm Delaney, Jose Calderon
SG: Kent Bazemore, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Thabo Sefolosha, Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry, Mike Dunleavy (injured)
PF: Paul Millsap, Ersan Ilyasova, Ryan Kelly
C: Dwight Howard, Mike Muscala, Kris Humphries
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted DeAndre’ Bembry (21st) and Isaia Cordinier (44th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Kay Felder (54th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for $2,465,386.
- 6/29/16 — Exercised option to keep Mike Muscala on final year of his contract.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Al Horford.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Jeff Teague to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Taurean Prince (2016-12th pick) from Utah Jazz.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Kent Bazemore to a four-year, $70 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/16 — Mike Scott’s $3.3 million guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/12/16 — Renounced the rights to Kirk Hinrich.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Dwight Howard to a three-year, $70.5 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Kris Humphries to a one-year, $4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Malcolm Delaney to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Jarrett Jack to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed DeAndre’ Bembry (2016-21st) to a $7.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Taurean Prince (2016-12th) to a $10.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Matt Costello to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract ($50,000).
- 9/20/16 — Signed Will Bynum to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,403,611 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,015,696 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Richard Solomon to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/3/16 — Signed Josh Magette to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/26/16 — Signed Dennis Schroder to a four-year, $62 million contract extension.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a two-year, non-guaranteed $2,067,593 contract.
- 10/31/16 — No extension reached for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 1/7/17 — Traded Kyle Korver to Cleveland Cavaliers for Mike Dunleavy, Mo Williams, a protected 2019 first-rounder and $750,000.
- 1/10/17 — Mike Muscala’s 1,015,696 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/18/17 — Signed Gary Neal to a $72,193 10-day contract.
- 1/18/17 — Traded Mo Williams and $650,000 to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Cenk Akyol (2005-59th).
- 1/29/17 — Signed Lamar Patterson to a $51,449 10-day contract.
- 2/8/17 — Signed Lamar Patterson to a $51,449 10-day contract.
- 2/22/17 — Traded Tiago Splitter, a second-rounder and swap rights for a second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for Ersan Ilyasova.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Mike Scott, the rights to Cenk Akyol (2005-59th) and $500,000 to Phoenix Suns for a 2017 protected second-rounder.
- 2/24/17 — Signed Lamar Patterson to for the remainder of the season at $246,956.
- 2/24/17 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,864,015 contract.
- 3/4/17 — Claimed Jose Calderon off waivers (Golden State Warriors).
Waived Players: Lamar Patterson (twice), Richard Solomon, Matt Costello, Ryan Kelly (twice), Jarrett Jack, Will Bynum, Josh Magette, Walter Tavares
Traded Players: Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver, Mo Williams, Tiago Splitter, Mike Scott
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Gary Neal
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Neven Spahija, Ben Sullivan
Trainer: Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Art Horne (head athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach)
- Mike Budenholzer — president of basketball operations
- Wes Wilcox — general manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Jeff Peterson — director of scouting
- Malik Rose — manager of basketball operations
- 2017 — Philadelphia 76ers have rights to swap Atlanta’s second-rounder (31-54 range) with their Golden State Warriors’ second-rounder (Ersan Ilyasova).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Phoenix Suns (Mike Scott).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Tiago Splitter).
- 2018 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $650,000 to Denver Nuggets (Mo Williams); $500,000 to Phoenix Suns (Mike Scott) — $2,350,000 remaining
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $750,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: None but new franchise starting initially in Erie for 2017-18 season with Malik Rose as general manager.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/15/17)
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans