In a recent survey, 32% of American bettors claimed that hockey was one of their favorite sports to wager on, so we felt there was a definite need to point out the best hockey betting apps available on the market.
In this article, we’ll be assessing ten of the best apps available, assessing the interface; functionality; betting options; bonuses of each, and trying to conclude on the best possible sportsbook for your hockey needs.
So, if you’re the kind of person who likes a sportsbook to provide bang for your buck, read on to discover a vast pool of hockey betting info and learn everything you need to know about the best hockey betting apps out there:
Best Hockey Betting Apps List 2021
Here is our complete list of the top 10 hockey betting apps in 2021:
- BetOnline – Some of the very best hockey betting odds on the market; currently offering a $1,000 deposit bonus to new sign-ups, too
- MyBookie – Broadcasts a multitude of hockey betting lines and favorable odds, as well as providing detailed hockey betting strategies and tips on the site and app
- Sportsbetting.ag – Live hockey betting is available; easy access to detailed analytics makes it easier than ever to place educated bets
- BetUS – Some of the deepest NHL prop betting markets located online + a $2,500 deposit bonus for newcomers to the sportsbook
- Intertops – Live hockey betting site and app that broadcasts Red Hot In-Play offers during games
- XBet – Deep markets for hockey betting; tons of optionality on prop bets, and a $500 deposit bonus for all newcomers to the app
- Bovada – One of the more stylish hockey betting apps; one that’s well laid-out and easy to navigate; features a wide selection of hockey betting lines, and tons of crypto-related offers and bonuses
- BUSR – hockey betting lines open for every NHL game; attractive odds
- Sportsbet.io – Very competitive odds and tons of optionality on the hockey betting lines + a $1,000 deposit bonus
- GT Bets – a potential 150% sign-up bonus and competitive hockey betting odds across the board
Top 5 Hockey Betting Apps Reviewed
We’ve penned reviews for our top five hockey betting apps below. Each of the 10 apps listed above is free to download, legally verified to operate in the US, and a good choice for hockey betting. But, whether it be by reason of the performance on iOS; the depth of the prop market, or the NHL betting odds themselves, we just felt these five offered slightly more overall.
We urge you to read our detailed reviews and to make up your own mind regarding which hockey betting app best suits you and your individual tastes.
BetOnline – One of the Best Hockey Betting Apps for Live Streaming NHL & Field Hockey + Some of the Best Odds Found Anywhere!
BetOnline has to be considered one of the best hockey betting apps available on the market today. The sportsbook provides its customers with 24/7 customer support, easy deposit options, and fast payouts. On top of that, the newly updated app is nicely organized and, thus, simple to use and navigate – betting couldn’t be simpler.
Where hockey is concerned, BetOnline broadcasts odds on the moneyline, puckline, and total points markets for every NHL game during the regular and postseason. Live betting is also a major focus of the BetOnline brand – something that’s made abundantly clear when you wager on hockey live and in-play since there’s an abundance of stats and metrics to get your teeth into. Plus, the graphics look great and there are live streams available for NHL games, too.
BetOnline is also packed full of fantastic bonuses, promotions, & competitions, and the sportsbook doubles up as one of the very best online casinos too, which is great for the long offseason.
- Hockey live streaming site & app (NHL and field hockey)
- Always competitive odds
- Odds available for field hockey, too
- $25 risk-free player props wager
- Live hockey betting app crammed full of stats and metrics
- At the time of writing, no other hockey leagues besides the NHL were available to bet on
MyBookie – Hockey Betting App, Featuring 3 Global Leagues & a Wide Selection of Betting Options
A sportsbook that’s always close to the top when it comes to betting optionality and value, MyBookie continues to impress us with its hockey market.
The app contains odds for the NHL, as well as the Russian KHL and Swedish SHL. Once you’ve selected your preferred league, you’ll find three separate game lines to wager on; a functional live betting arena; tons of selection on the hockey betting futures markets, and highly competitive odds broadcast across the board.
Neither the app nor site is as flashy as some of the competition, and the user interface is probably in need of a mild upgrade – the MyBookie ‘graphics’ in particular are practically a non-event. But, this is an app that’s quick to download, easy to set up, and there’s a certain amount of joy to be taken from the pure simplicity of it all: MyBookie doesn’t aim to dazzle with hyperbole; it’s just a great app to bet on. Period.
On top of all that, MyBookie users can expect to find a wide range of hockey betting tips and guides (mostly for the NHL), and this sportsbook is well known for its promos, too: the MyBookie bonus codes tend to be lucrative and, thus, well worth a look at the very least.
- Markets open for NHL, KHL & SHL
- Hockey betting tips and strategies at your fingertips
- Live hockey betting via the site and app
- $1,000 deposit bonus for new users
- Very competitive odds
- User interface does look slightly dated compared to other hockey betting apps
BetUS – No Other Hockey Betting Apps Contain as Much Variety on the Prop Market or Pay Out as Much in Bonuses
Another app in the running for the top honors on the hockey betting market is BetUS. The app itself is simple to download and use, and its sharp user interface makes it easy to navigate – it couldn’t be easier to locate markets and place bets.
On top of that, BetUS’ customer service is very well-reviewed, so were you ever to encounter any issues, rest assured there’s a top team on hand to assist, and this is a sportsbook that provides customers with a variety of deposit/withdrawal methods, including bitcoin. On the topic of crypto, there’s also a highly rewarding Bet US promo code currently doing the rounds, which you can use for up to a 200% crypto deposit bonus.
BetUS only features hockey betting odds for the NHL but is something of a specialist when it comes to the world’s most famous hockey league: live betting is an option; the futures odds for the Stanley cup are broadcast early & tend to be great value; and the sportsbook runs a number of specials on hockey betting futures, too. One such special is ‘which player will be the first to 100 points;’ another is ‘how many games will it take player X to reach 100 points (over/under)? Plus, as always with this sportsbook, expect the prop market to be even more chocked full once the NHL season kicks back into gear.
- Broadcasts early hockey betting futures for the Stanley Cup
- Hockey live betting is a feature
- Hockey betting odds are competitive
- Tons of good reading content and a plethora of hockey betting tips/picks
- More bonuses on offer than any other sportsbook (deposit, no deposit, re-up, referral, and more!)
- Only features hockey betting lines for the NHL
Sportsbetting.ag – One of the Best Hockey Betting Apps for Metrics
We weren’t all that familiar with Sportesbetting.ag’s hockey betting sportsbook app when we first sat down to use it, but it really impressed us: the mobile layout is considerate and user-friendly, and we loved the live betting arena! The graphics when live-betting are detailed and sharp and, what really had us purring was this sportsbook’s dedication to stats and analytics. When betting on hockey games, it’s possible to open windows containing stats for a specific team or player, as well as recent performances and historical fixtures. Having such detailed metrics on hand helps bettors make better decisions and we’ll always champion that.
Furthermore, alongside the NHL, Sportsbetting.ag is one of the few hockey betting apps to broadcast odds/lines for the Swedish SHL and Russian KHL, Finnish FHL, and Belarus Cup, giving bettors more opportunities to make money over the year. The hockey betting odds are top value, too.
In addition to the aforementioned, the Sportsbetting.ag hockey betting site/app offers some solid sign-up & reload bonuses; features accumulator (ACCA) boosts on hockey parlays, and doubles up as an impressive online casino, too – it’s definitely worth taking a look at.
- A slick live betting interface
- One of the more stylistic hockey betting apps for iOS
- A plethora of stats and analytics to sift through when betting (if required)
- Competitive hockey betting odds for NHL, SHL, & KHL
- Highly competitive hockey betting odds
- Other hockey betting apps do offer better bonuses
- Can’t switch to American odds – fractional only
Intertops – Great Hockey Betting App for NHL Stanley Cup Futures
First off, this hockey betting app is one of the easiest to download and install – you can have it up and running and be placing bets within minutes. Then, because Intertops champions quality and value over quantity, it’s one of the simplest apps to navigate, too.
This recently upgraded site and app now runs on a new and improved user interface and serves up better live betting graphics as a result. It might just be stylistic, but the improvements to the overall aesthetics have galvanized what was already a top hockey betting sportsbook.
If your main concern is less with appearance and more with locating the best hockey betting odds, this sportsbook generally ranks near the top across all game lines in both the hockey betting futures and live in-play markets. On the topic of futures, Intertops generally broadcasts Stanley Cup futures very early and is well worth checking out for a cheeky bet during the postseason, too. Especially since using the Intertops bonus code of ROOKIE100 will also earn you a tidy 100% deposit bonus at any time of year.
- Competitive hockey betting odds
- Early to broadcast hockey betting futures for Stanley Cup
- Hockey live betting is a clear focus
- The app is simple to install, use, and navigate
- A lack of optionality on the NHL prop betting markets
What are the Best Selling Points of a Hockey Betting App?
We assessed all the hockey betting apps mentioned based on such necessary criteria as trust, ease of use, visuals, speed, download, and payments.
A hockey sports betting app aiming to impress simply has to perform well in these categories. There really isn’t much point in broadcasting a host of hockey betting tips alongside the best odds if it’s then going to take five minutes for said odds to load up when live hockey betting or three weeks to pay out a bettor’s winnings.
As such, though of course the odds, lines, and bonuses do factor in, we focus on the following first when ranking the apps:
- Trust – we recommend safe, verified hockey betting sites that lawfully operate in the US; sites that provide excellent customer service, and that look after your data and money
- Download – free to use apps that have quick download speeds and easy installations rank higher with us
- Ease of Use – We only recommend hockey betting apps that are easy to use and navigate. Apps that are crammed full of adverts, regularly go offline for maintenance, make finding the lines difficult, or that are slow to update in the live, in-play arena don’t cut the mustard
- Visuals – extra points are dished out to those hockey betting apps that put effort into creating a slick user interface, as well as modern and enjoyable live betting graphics – the user experience should be a focus!
- Speed – Apps that load up quickly, alert users to the latest sports betting news, and quickly update hockey betting odds in the live arena are preferred
- Payments – the top hockey betting apps provide a plethora of options for payments and withdrawals, including – but not limited to – VISA, Paypal, bitcoin, wire transfer and check. The more options available to bettors to deposit/withdraw their dollars, the better the app ranks with us.
Check out the table below for the complete lowdown on our previously ranked 5 best hockey betting sites:
|Sportsbook ||Trust ||Ease of Use ||Visuals ||Speed ||Downloading ||Payments |
|MyBookie ||100% safe & verified ||The app works perfectly; odds listed logically ||An aesthetically appealing app; not the best graphics for live betting though ||Live betting updates quickly – no issues ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin, Moneygram |
|BetUS ||100% safe & verified ||The app is simple to navigate and placing bets is simple ||An aesthetically appealing app; not the best graphics for live betting though ||Live betting updates quickly – no issues ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Credit, Cash Transfer, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bank Wire Transfer |
|Sportsbetting.ag ||100% safe & verified ||A highly stylized app that’s simple to navigate and makes betting easy ||Delineated graphics and tons of stats for NHL live betting ||Live betting updates quickly – no issues ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller |
|Intertops ||100% safe & verified ||The newly updated app is laid out much better; easy to use ||Stylistically, a much-improved app with a friendlier user interface ||Live betting updates quickly but slow to broadcast odds for some events ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Skrill, Crypto, Ukash |
|BetOnline ||100% safe & verified ||The app is easy to use and navigate… site not so much (since the update) ||Stylistically, a much-improved app with better graphics than the old version ||Updates quickly – no issues ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Credit Card, Money Order, Bitcoin, Skrill, Bank Wire, Check |
BetOnline: Best Hockey Betting App for iPhone
BetOnline’s hockey betting app is probably our favorite to use on iPhone. It’s incredibly easy to download, install and sign up to use the app, and, since its recent optimization for the iOS interface, the display now looks great. The live hockey betting graphics are certainly in the top-tier too, and the odds update instantaneously (we’ve never had any issues). Plus, it’s probably one of the easiest apps to navigate and, ultimately, place your bets on.
As mentioned in the review up the page, BetOnline is quick to broadcast odds for hockey betting futures markets and covers a selection of leagues from around the world, including the NHL, KHL, and SHL. It’s not only with regards to optionality where BetOnline comes out near the top either – this sportsbook consistently posts among the best hockey betting odds (as it does with seemingly all sports we’ve tested it for).
Finally, BetOnline offers a variety of payment and withdrawal options (Credit Card, Money Order, Bitcoin, Skrill, Bank Wire, Check) and isn’t a sportsbook that shies away from special offers, competitions, or promos either, using the BetOnline bonus code found at the link is one such option available… but there are numerous others, including $25 risk-free player props wagers and a 25% sports reload bonus.
MyBookie: Best Hockey Betting App for Android
MyBookie is a tried and tested hockey betting app for Android and it is our personal favorite, especially with regards to wagering on the NHL.
The app itself is very easy to download, set up, and use – we were up and running in just a few minutes. As you can see in the table up the page, it’s 100% safe and verified, easy to make deposits and withdrawals in a variety of manners, and MyBookie always pays out.
Stylistically, there is better out there – this probably isn’t the app for you if you are a fan of graphics and visual displays, but there are just tons of gambling options available across the board, the odds are always top-tier, and we just enjoyed the simplicity of it all. MyBookie is a great Android app for people who are serious about executing bets quickly and hassle-free, and this applies in particular to the live market.
We were supposed to be checking out the sportsbook aspect but, as is the way of being online, ended up getting sucked into MyBookie’s online casino for a few hours, which is also well worth a look if you enjoy a few games of blackjack or a few spins in the slot during your hockey intervals.
Comparing Hockey Betting Odds
We’ll preempt this next segment by just mentioning that each of our tip five hockey sports betting apps broadcasts competitive odds. That’s a given – they wouldn’t feature in our list if they didn’t!
That said, some do offer marginally better odds on certain leagues, teams, and lines. In the table below, you can see a comparison of our top 5 betting apps with regards to the hockey betting futures on offer for four separate NHL teams and their chances respective chances of winning the Stanley Cup. The best odds have been highlighted in bold for your convenience.
|Futures Odds to Win the 2021-22 NHL Stanley Cup (Comparison) |
|Colorado Avalanche ||Vegas Golden Knights ||Boston Bruins || |
Toronto Maple Leafs
|BetOnline || |
|+800 ||+1100 || |
|MyBookie || |
|+600 ||+1500 || |
|Sportsbetting.ag || |
|+850 ||+1200 || |
|BetUS || |
|+550 ||+1400 || |
|Intertops || |
|+600 ||+1400 || |
As you can no doubt discern from the table above, hockey betting odds on the futures market tend to be similar across all sportsbooks.
That said, BetOnline does come out on top overall, broadcasting marginally better Stanley Cup odds for Colorado Avalanche (+575) and the Toronto Maple Leafs (+1400) than their closest rivals.
As such, if it’s the best hockey betting futures that you’re after, you’d be wise to pay BetOnline a visit… just remember this doesn’t necessarily dictate this sportsbook will come out on top come game day – always shop around for the best hockey betting odds!
Hockey Betting Lines
We’ve taken a look at the hockey betting sportsbook apps that offer up the very best odds, but those odds won’t be much use to you if you don’t understand the primary hockey betting lines.
Keep reading this segment for all the hockey betting info you’ll need on the main game lines found on all the major sportsbooks and learn how to bet on hockey properly:
Hockey Moneyline Betting
- Moneyline betting is the easiest of all the hockey game lines to get to grips with: the bettor is just placing a wager on the team he/she expects to win. In the example above, you’ll see the moneyline odds for the Pittsburgh Penguins (+120) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (-140). Here, the oddsmakers clearly feel the Lightning has an advantage, hence you see the minus symbol precedes the numbers (-140). This means that to win $100, the bettor must wager $140. The Penguins are clear underdogs, so bet £100 on Pittsburgh at +120, and – should they win – you can win the number succeeding the plus symbol, in this case, $120.
Hockey Goals Scored Totals
- Betting on Goals Scored Totals is just when you place a wager on one of the two teams because you expect the total number of goals scored (by BOTH teams) to finish over/under (O/U) a particular amount. In the example above, you can see the Pirates at O6 and the Lightning at U6 with odds at -120/+100 respectively. If you bet $100 on Tampa Bay Lightning at U6, and the game finishes at 5-4 (9 goals), you win; if the game were to finish at 2-2 (4 goals) you lose, and so on…
NHL Puck Line Betting
- Puck Line betting is effectively just a shortened spread, as seen in the NFL or NBA. The reason the hockey betting spread is shortened is that unlike in the NFL where scores regularly finish up at 30 – 21 (spreads often +5/-5), or the NBA where scores go up into the 100s (NBA spreads often at +6/-6), where hockey is concerned there are rarely more than 6-7 goals per game, and hence puck line betting is almost always set at 1.5, as it is in the image above (Penguins: +1.5/ Lightning: -1.5). Understanding this unique hockey betting spread is fairly straightforward: oddsmakers have challenged the Penguins (in this case) to either beat (in which your case your bet pays out regardless) or lose to the lightning but by less than 1.5 goals (+1.5). Lightning, the favorites, have been tasked with not only beating the Penguins but winning by 2 clear goals (-1.5). If you wager on the Lightning and they win 3-1, your bet pays out. If you place the same wager but it’s a drab affair and they escape with just a 1-0 victory, your bet does not payout.
Hockey Parlay Betting
- Parlay betting is very popular among hockey bettors. Here you simply strong together a bunch of different bets on select teams to win come day. Perhaps you fancy the Penguins to beat Tampa, but you also fancy the Bruins to win their game and the Maple Leafs to win theirs. Parlay betting makes it possible to wager on all three teams to win their respective games at enhanced ice hockey betting odds on the moneyline. To win the amount shown on your betting slip, each of the three teams you selected to win must win. Generally, 2/3 isn’t enough. But, that said, some of the better ice hockey betting apps do allow bettors to cash out early, which is a nice option to have if you’re not confident on your final bet but wish to escape with a percentage of your accumulated profits for games one and two of a three-game parlay.
Hockey Futures Betting
Betting on hockey futures just means that you place your wager much in advance of the actual result/conclusion. If we take the Stanley Cup winner, for example, it’s possible to wager an outright on the winner of that tournament during the NHL offseason, almost a year before the pivotal game even gets underway. It’s possible to wager on the Stanley Cup halfway through the season or the week before the series gets underway, but note that the hockey betting futures odds will fluctuate and likely shorten as the NHL’s premier set of seven draws near.
The Stanley Cup isn’t the only hockey team future available on the best hockey betting apps though. There will also be team hockey betting futures available for:
- KHL/ SHL/ FHL Cup Winners
- NHL/ SHL/ FHL/ KHL Division winners (NHL = Atlantic, Metropolitan, Pacific, & Central)
- NHL Presidents Trophy
- Teams to make the playoffs
Plus, plenty of options for the player hockey betting futures markets, too. Expect to see odds broadcast for (all aforementioned leagues):
- Top Scorer in a season
- Most shots in a season
- Most assists in a season
- Hart Memorial Trophy winner (NHL MVP)
- Vezina Trophy winner (Best goalie in NHL)
At the time of writing, it was the offseason, and some of the major hockey betting sportsbooks we’ve come to associate with deep futures markets are yet to post their full arsenal. Nonetheless, it didn’t stop Sportsbet.io – the hockey betting site loves a prop bet and listed the vast majority of markets seen above months in advance of the 2021-22 seasons.
Hockey Live Betting
Wagering live and in-play is a fast, furious, and – dare we say – mildly addictive form of hockey betting, and each of the five sportsbooks discussed today offers live hockey betting as an option.
Of course, hockey live betting apps are allowing you to place bets whilst the game itself is actually in progress. The joy of it is that the odds update almost continuously as goals are scored or players are marched (or ‘slid’) over to the penalty box for a timeout. For bettors, this means two things: 1) it’s a chance to jump in on favorable odds when, for example, a favorite goes behind, and 2) tons more optionality on the prop betting market – you can wager on the next player to score/shoot/save/assist and tons more options dependant only on the creativity of your chosen sportsbook’s oddsmakers.
The premier lines remain the same as we detailed earlier, i.e. the puckline, moneyline, and total points markets, but a plethora of simple Yes/No betting options also make an appearance on the very best live hockey betting apps, too – ‘will Alex Ovechkin score the penalty,’ for example, or ‘will Kyle Clifford win this fight?’
So, in a nutshell, wagering live and in-play on hockey betting sites provides bettors with the following:
- More betting options – deeper prop betting markets when live and in-play
- More stats and hockey betting information displayed onscreen – enabling bettors to make more educated wagers and really follow through on their hockey betting strategies
- A better chance of finding value – the odds change constantly – there’s a chance the favorite’s odds will drift after a bad start for example – time to get involved!
Of the hockey betting apps we’ve focused on today, MyBookie and BetOnline would be our picks of the bunch when it comes to live betting. Both have reliable live betting interfaces that update regularly; both broadcast great odds during live game scenarios, too. BetOnline certainly has better graphics… but MyBookie features more leagues, more hockey betting tips, as well as markets, and thus greater optionality, which is why we rank the sportsbook first in this category.
Hockey Prop Bets
Using the best hockey betting apps to wager on the prop betting market can be a lot of fun since proposition bets can be varied and interesting. Effectively, it’s just an open market for sportsbooks to broadcast odds for any eventuality that could feasibly occur in a game of hockey but that isn’t necessarily indicative of the final result. So, in simple terms, you’re just wagering on ‘something’ happening during a hockey game/season.
The prop betting market tends to be broken into team and player options. We’ve listed out some of the main prop bets below, but expect to see plenty more on offer once the NHL gets back underway and particularly during the playoffs and Stanley Cup.
Best Hockey Betting Apps: Common Examples of Team Prop Bets
- Which team will score more points?
- Which team will score first/next?
- How many goals will be scored in the first/second/third?
- No goals in first/second/third period
Best Hockey Betting Apps: Common Examples of Player Prop Bets
- Most goals in a game
- The first player to score in the game, or period one/two/three
- Next player to assist
- The first player to score 100 points in a season
- Number of saves by a goalie (over/under)
- Number of shots taken (over/under)
- Number of fouls committed (over/under) … and plenty more where they come from during the NHL postseason
Each of the best hockey betting sites mentioned today will have prop markets open, especially once the season gets back underway and live betting hockey is again a factor, but BetUS is probably the sportsbook that consistently dreams up the most optionality on the hockey prop betting market. So, if you like the sound of fun, specific wagers on your favorite players – check out BetUS.
Hockey Betting Apps: Top Promotions
The world of sportsbook gambling is fiercely competitive. Each sportsbook is after your business and, as such, each offers its own array of bonuses, promo codes, referral bonuses, competitions, fantasy sports (with cash giveaways), and everything else in between.
As a bettor, you’d just as well take advantage of this charity since it’s always more fun placing a wager down safe in the knowledge that’s it’s not your money – you can’t really lose when you do that, which is why we always recommend joining multiple sportsbooks (or one of many reasons, to be fair).
We’ve listed some of the best promotions/ bonuses currently on offer at some of the best hockey betting apps below. But, do be sure to see precisely what’s on offer before you sign up since, rather like hockey live betting odds, these bonuses are subject to change at literally any moment:
- MyBookie – this hockey sportsbook betting app dishes out a 25% welcome bonus worth up to $1,000; a 25% sport reload bonus worth up to $500, and a 250% referral bonus each time you convince a friend to join you on the site. There are usually tons of competitions running throughout the NHL season, too
- BetOnline – this hockey betting sportsbook provides a 25% welcome bonus (up to$1,000). Then, there’s also a 25% sport reload bonus and the 100% first-time crypto deposit bonus to get your mitts into. Plus, there’s a $50 free play when you sign up to the app; a $25 free player prop bet, and a 35% crypto reload bonus to benefit from, too
- BetUS – 250% deposit bonus worth up to $2,500 – probably the most lucrative we’ve seen anywhere. BetUS also dishes out a 150% crypto bonus, a referral bonus, deposit reload bonuses for regular patrons, and there’s a VIP loyalty rewards program that enables $500 in free bets each time you level up – certainly BetUS is worth shaking your hockey stick at where bonuses are regarded
- Sportsbet.io – Sportsbet.io offers varying free bets and BTC boosts throughout the year. It’s not as lucrative a sportsbook to join in terms of welcome bonuses, but this sportsbook runs numerous ACCA boosts, parlay boosts, and enhanced odds offers once you begin to actually bet
- Intertops – a $250 deposit bonus, 20 free $50 bets (as seen in the image above), and a Rookie100 bonus code that can be used to claim a 100% bonus worth up to $100 on your first deposit
If it’s the best hockey bonuses available that you’re really on the lookout for, BetUS’s gigantic deposit bonus takes some beating, in our opinion.
Extra Features of the Best Hockey Betting Apps
Such is the level of completion among sportsbooks for your business, in recent years they’ve all begun to offer up an array of interesting extra features, too. Where the best hockey betting apps are concerned, these features include but aren’t limited to:
- Blogs & Vlogs – several of the best hockey betting sites feature tons of great content on hockey, including hockey betting strategies and picks; detailed analysis of teams and players by betting pros, and even video productions of the aforementioned in the form of Vlogs. MyBookie is a great example of a sportsbook that takes its literary features seriously: the site is chocked full of content to help bettors wager on the NHL (in particular).
- Stats/Information – a number of the other sites mentioned provide in-depth stats and analytics to help you research your favored hockey teams and players and thus execute a winning wager. Sportsbet.io and feature tons of stats for the NHL, KHL, and SHL for bettors to stuck into, the volume of said stats increases further still when live betting on hockey games
- Competitions/Promotions – Other sites still run an array of competitions and cool promotions to garner your interest. BetOnline, MyBookie, and Intertops are all known to run fantasy hockey competitions, for instance. There aren’t that many hockey-related comps currently broadcast on the best hockey betting sportsbooks since we’re writing during the NHL offseason. But be sure to check back here (or just check the site itself) to see what’s on offer come October because BetOnline, for instance, is known to do prize giveaways and cash competitions, etc.
In terms of extra features, BetOnline takes some beating – it’s a well-rounded hockey betting site that provides blogs, stats, competitions, and promos. Plus, the app caters to eSports enthusiasts and has a casino, too – BetOnline has all bases covered.
Hockey Betting Tips
Many of the best hockey betting apps also feature hockey betting strategies and detailed articles written by expert gamblers, helping bettors make the right decisions with their money.
Of course, given the league’s immense, enduring popularity, the vast majority of these hockey betting tips are written with the NHL in mind. But it’s likely that’s the league you were most hoping to wager on anyway, so no harm done.
We’ve taken the liberty of listing out three hockey betting strategies we’ve found some success with below – there are countless others, some even contradict the three listed (the nature of the beast, unfortunately), but these worked for us and are worthy of your consideration.
Hockey Betting Tips: 1) Beware of the Puck Line
- Make sure you research how teams are performing on the puck line. There are numerous sites that provide this vital hockey betting information and some sportsbooks do, too, including the likes of BetOnline and Sportsbet.io. Remember that a team’s odds on the moneyline are not indicative of their performance on the puckline. Take the New York Rangers 2021 season, for example. The Rangers endured a stop-start season and finished 5th in the Eastern Division. If you scoped the moneyline at any point during their 2021 campaign, you’re likely to have found them as underdogs. However, where the Rangers dominated was on the puck line – for bettors! Rangers went 35-21 vs. against the puckline and anyone who consistently bet on them to do so earned a tidy profit over the season.
Hockey Betting Tips: 2) Defense Wins Bets on Total Points Markets/Puck Line
- A team that has terrific defense and an incredible goalie is much more likely to play out a tight contest on the total points market, especially when coming up against another team with a robust D. Similarly, a great defense tends to keep a team in with a chance of a win, to these teams to tend to be safer to wager on the puck line, too. Always check your hockey betting info before the game; read the stats, and look out for these profitable defenses.
Hockey Betting Tips: 3) Strength in Depth is Key
- Pay attention to a team’s strength in depth. Teams with deep rosters tend to come on strong towards the third period of play since they’re able to replace class with more class as fatigue sets in. These teams tend to win more on both on the moneyline and against the spread as a result, while the reverse is true for teams with a good starting six but a lack of options coming off the bench.
Key Hockey Dates 2021/22
COVID-19 wreaked havoc on the past couple of seasons of hockey as the traditional schedules were thrown into disarray, but all the major leagues plan to get back to their standard schedules for the upcoming 2021-22 season.
|League || |
|Season ||Playoffs || |
|NHL || |
July 23, 2021
|October 12 – mid/late April ||Not yet confirmed but, usually, throughout the month of May || |
Stanley Cup – date not yet confirmed but, usually takes place from late May – Early June
|KHL || |
Usually in May or June
|September to March – 2020-21 season fell on non-traditional different dates due to COVID ||Throughout March/April || |
Gagarin Cup typically takes place in late-April
|SHL || |
|September to March/April ||Throughout April || |
Typically the series is in late April- early May
If you’re planning to wager on all the leagues listed above, make sure you check out hockey betting sites like MyBookie and Sportsbet.io since not every sportsbook has markets for the KHL and SHL.
Best Hockey Betting Apps Conclusion
It’s hard to fault any of the apps listed in our top 10 – narrowing it down to a top 5 hockey betting sportsbook apps was tough enough. However, for overall functionality; ease of installation and use; variation of payment and withdrawal options, and just for the sheer amount of hockey leagues, lines, and promotions on offer right throughout the calendar year, it’s hard to look past MyBookie.
This hockey betting app scored at the top or near the top in just about every metric we analyzed, including having more leagues on offer and some of the best hockey betting odds available (along with BetOnline), which is something we, as seasoned bettors looking for optionality and value on the market, always appreciate.
Besides that, the MyBookie bonus codes that get broadcast throughout the NHL season tend to be lucrative. Then, there are the referral bonuses, and the whopping $1,000 deposit bonus to take into consideration, too!
Overall, the best hockey betting app will be the one that resonates with you, of course. If you want more leagues to bet on and tons of stats to analyze, Sportsbet.io was a surprisingly good app; or, if access to picks written by professional experts and a plethora of hockey betting strategies and guides floats your boat, BetUS might be worth your consideration – it’s totally up to you.
Our main initiative here is just to demonstrate exactly what you should be looking for when selecting your preferred hockey betting app, not to lead you to a specific sportsbook. We like MyBookie; you do you though.
What is the spread in hockey betting?
What does +200 moneyline mean?