|Demetrius Jackson (stretched)||$92,858|
|Jarell Eddie (expired 10-day)||$83,129|
|Xavier Silas (expired 10-day)||$74,159|
|Kadeem Allen (two-way)|
|Jabari Bird (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Room Exception: $0 (Aron Baynes)
Roster Count: 16 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Terry Rozier, Shane Larkin, Jonathan Gibson, Kyrie Irving (injured)
SG: Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Kadeem Allen (two-way), Jabari Bird (two-way), Gordon Hayward (injured)
SF: Jayson Tatum, Marcus Morris, Abdel Nader
PF: Al Horford, Semi Ojeleye, Guerschon Yabusele, Daniel Theis (injured)
C: Aron Baynes, Greg Monroe
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
Two-Way Contracts: Kadeem Allen (two-year), Jabari Bird (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal; three-year extension added on in May 2016)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Walter McCarty, Micah Shrewsberry, Jerome Allen
Trainer: Ed Lacerte, Bryan Doo (strength and conditioning)
- Danny Ainge — president of basketball operations
- Mike Zarren — assistant general manager & team counsel
- Austin Ainge — director of player personnel
- David Sparks — director of basketball analytics
- David Lewin — director of scouting
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (two through five range) from Los Angeles Lakers, otherwise to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight, Jayson Tatum).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Perry Jones III).
- 2019 — If 2018 Lakers first-rounder is not conveyed, owed the higher of Sacramento Kings’ selection (Nik Stauskas) or Philadelphia’s own pick, but both are top-pick protected (Jayson Tatum).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-eight, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis), two years following Clippers’ obligation to Toronto Raptors.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Memphis Grizzlies (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/19/17 — Traded the 1st overall pick in the draft to Philadelphia 76ers for the 3rd selection along with the Los Angeles Lakers’ 2018 first-rounder (two through five), otherwise Boston receives the higher pick between the Sacramento Kings’ 2019 first-rounder (top pick protected) or Philadelphia’s 2019 first-rounder (top pick protected).
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Jayson Tatum (3rd), Semi Ojeleye (37th), Kadeem Allen (53rd) and Jabari Bird (56th).
- 6/24/17 — Renounced the rights to Marcus Thornton (2015-45th).
- 7/1/17 — Signed Jayson Tatum (2017-3rd) to a $30,073,320 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Ante Zizic (2016-23rd) to a $9,751,975 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/4/17 — Withdrew Kelly Olynyk’s qualifying offer.
- 7/7/17 — Traded Avery Bradley and a 2019 second-rounder to Detroit Pistons for Marcus Morris.
- 7/13/17 — Renounced the rights to James Young, Jonas Jerebko and Gerald Green.
- 7/14/17 — Opted Demetrius Jackson into his final year (2019-20).
- 7/14/17 — Signed Gordon Hayward to a four-year, $127,829,970 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Abdel Nader (2016-58th) to a partially-guaranteed four-year, $5,917,045 contract.
- 7/17/17 — Signed Paul Pierce to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/18/17 — Signed Semi Ojeleye (2017-37th) to a partially-guaranteed four-year, $6,041,604 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Aron Baynes to a one-year, $4,328,000 contract.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Guerschon Yabusele (2016-16th) to a $12,814,166 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Daniel Theis to a partially-guaranteed $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Kadeem Allen (2017-53rd) to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 7/31/17 — Signed Shane Larkin to a one-year, $1,524,305 contract.
- 8/22/17 — Traded Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, a Brooklyn Nets first-rounder and a Miami HEAT 2020 second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers for Kyrie Irving (pending physical).
- 8/28/17 — Signed L.J. Peak to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/28/17 — Signed Andrew White to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/31/17 — Signed Jabari Bird (2017-56th) to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/26/17 — Signed Jonathan Holmes to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 9/26/17 — Signed Devin Williams to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (with exhibits nine and 10).
- 10/10/17 — Signed Daniel Dixon to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/13/17 — Signed Daniel Ochefu to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/30/17 — Picked up team options for Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown.
- 1/20/18 — Signed Jarell Eddie to a 10-day, $86,119 contract.
- 2/8/18 — Signed Greg Monroe to a one-year, $5 million contract via the Celtics’ Gordon Hayward disabled player exception.
- 3/28/18 — Signed Xavier Silas to a 10-day, $74,159 contract.
- 4/6/18 — Signed Jonathan Gibson for the rest of the season at $44,495.
Waived Players: Tyler Zeller, Jordan Mickey, Demetrius Jackson, Paul Pierce, L.J. Peak, Andrew White, Jonathan Holmes, Devin Williams, Daniel Ochefu, Daniel Dixon
Traded Players: Avery Bradley, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Jarell Eddie, Xavier Silas
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: TD Garden
- Al Horford — 15 percent
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/1/18)