|Demetrius Jackson (wavied)||$92,857|
|Greg Monoe (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|P.J. Dozier (two-way)|
|R.J. Hunter (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and tax
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kyrie Irving, Terry Rozier, Brad Wanamaker, Jonathan Gibson P.J. Dozier (two-way)
SG: Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, R.J. Hunter (two-way)
SF: Jayson Tatum, Gordon Hayward
PF: Marcus Morris, Semi Ojeleye, Guerschon Yabusele, Daniel Theis
C: Al Horford, Aron Baynes, Robert Williams
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Abdel Nader, expiring 7/23/19) — $450,000
- Trade Exception (Jabari Bird, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,349,383
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $5,337,000
Waived Players: Kadeem Allen (two-way), Rodney Purvis, Justin Bibbs, Nicholas King, Jeff Roberson, Marcus Georges-Hunt, Walter Lemon Jr. (two-way)
Traded Players: Abdel Nader, Jabari Bird
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Greg Monroe
G-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
Two-Way Contracts: P.J. Dozier, R.J. Hunter
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal; three-year extension added on in May 2016)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Scott Morrison, Micah Shrewsberry, Jerome Allen
Performance: Art Horne
- Danny Ainge — president of basketball operations
- Mike Zarren — assistant general manager & team counsel
- Austin Ainge — director of player personnel
- David Sparks — director of basketball analytics
- David Lewin — director of scouting
- 2019 — Owed the higher of Sacramento Kings’ first-rounder (Nik Stauskas) or Philadelphia’s own pick, but both are top-pick protected (Jayson Tatum).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six protected in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Memphis Grizzlies (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Jabari Bird).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $450,000 to Oklahoma City Thunder (Abdel Nader); $2,055,910 to the Atlanta Hawks (for Jabari Bird) — $2,737,090 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Robert Williams (27th).
- 6/29/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Marcus Smart and Jabari Bird.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Brad Wanamaker to a one-year $838,464 minimum contract.
- 8/5/18 — Signed Robert Williams (2018-27th) to a $9,283,858 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Aron Baynes to a two-year, $10,646,880 contract, player option in final season.
- 7/10/18 — Daniel Theis’ $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Semi Ojeleye’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/19/18 — Signed Marcus Smart to a four-year $52 million contract.
- 7/23/18 — Traded Abdel Nader and cash $450,000 to Oklahoma City Thunder for Rodney Purvis.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Walter Lemon Jr. to a two-way contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Jabari Bird to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,937,614 contract.
- 8/20/18 — Signed P.J. Dozier to a two-way contract.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Justin Bibbs to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Nicholas King to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Jeff Roberson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/1/18 — Signed Marcus Georges-Hunt to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 10/31/18 — Picked up team options on Jayson Tatum, Guerschon Yabusele and Jaylen Brown.
- 1/10/19 — Signed R.J Hunter to a two-way contract.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Jabari Bird and $2,055,910 to the Atlanta Hawks for a protected second-rounder.
- 3/24/19 — Signed Greg Monroe to a $122,344 10-day contract.
- 4/3/19 — Greg Monroe’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/9/19 — Re-signed Jonathan Gibson for the rest of the season at $17,092.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Shane Larkin ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Al Horford — 15 percent
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: TD Garden
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/16/19)
- Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer pleased with DeMarre Carroll
- Pelicans coach Willie Green: “Zion Williamson looked amazing”
- Lakers expected to pursue Irving, Grant, Turner, and Wiggins in 2023
- Jamal Crawford is frontrunner to replace Dwyane Wade on NBA on TNT
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list