|Moritz Wagner (waived)||$2,161,920|
|Guerschon Yabusele (stretched)||$1,039,080|
|Demetrius Jackson (stretched)||$92,857|
|Tacko Fall (two-way)|
|Tremont Water (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap. Hard-capped by the Tristan Thompson non-taxpayer mid-level contract.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kemba Walker, Payton Pritchard, Tremont Waters (two-way)
SG: Marcus Smart, Evan Fournier, Carsen Edwards, Romeo Langford (injured)
SF: Jaylen Brown, Aaron Nesmith
PF: Jayson Tatum, Grant Williams, Jabari Parker, Semi Ojeleye
C: Robert Williams, Tristan Thompson, Luke Kornet, Tacko Fall (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Vincent Poirier, expiring 7/31/21) — $343,873
- Trade Exception (Enes Kanter, expiring 8/1/21) — $4,767,000
- Trade Exception (Gordon Hayward, expiring 8/16/21*) — $11,050,000
- Trade Exception (Daniel Theis, expiring 2/11/22*) — $5,000,000
- Trade Exception (Jeff Teague, expiring 2/11/22*) — $1,620,564
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Tristan Thompson)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
* Exact date TBD.
Waived Players: Amile Jefferson, Moritz Wagner
Traded Players: Vincent Poirier, Enes Kanter, Gordon Hayward (sign-and-trade), Jeff Teague, Daniel Theis, Javonte Green
G-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws (general manager Remy Cofield, head coach Scott Morrison)
Two-Way Contracts: Tacko Fall, Tremont Waters
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Wyc Grousbeck
- Danny Ainge — president of basketball operations
- Mike Zarren — assistant general manager & team counsel
- Austin Ainge — director of player personnel
- Dave Lewin — director of player evaluation
- Allison Feaster — VP of player development & organizational growth
- Frank Burke — director of basketball operations
- Adam Lewin — college scouting manager
- David Sparks — director of basketball analytics
- Drew Cannon — basketball operations analyst
Head Coach: Brad Stevens
Assistants: Jay Larranaga, Jamie Young, Jerome Allen, Scott Morrison, Joe Mazzulla, Brandon Bailey, Kenny Graves (coaching associate)
Training Staff: Phil Coles (executive director of performance), Art Horne (director of sports performance), Jace Delaney (director of sports science and athletic development), Tyler Yeaton (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- 2021 — Owed an second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Vincent Poirier).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Charlotte Hornets (Gordon Hayward).
- 2023 — Owe a second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets (Gordon Hayward).
- 2023 — The higher second-rounder from the Miami HEAT and Dallas Mavericks to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The higher of (the lower second-rounder from Miami and Dallas) and the Houston Rockets (33-60) goes to the Boston Celtics. The pick that does not go to Boston (including Houston 31-32) goes to the Indiana Pacers (Josh McRoberts, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo, Desmond Bane, James Johnson, James Harden).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets (Gordon Hayward).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Memphis Grizzlies (Desmond Bane).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder (the lower of the Memphis Grizzlies and Celtics) to the Orlando Magic (Evan Fournier).
- 2027 — Owe a second-rounder to the Orlando Magic (Evan Fournier).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1,300,000 to the Chicago Bulls (Daniel Theis) — $4,317,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 8/12/20 — Signed coach Brad Stevens to a contract extension.
- 10/1/20 — Renounced the rights to Ben Pepper (1997-55th) and Josip Sesar (2000-47th).
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Aaron Nesmith (2020-14th), Payton Pritchard (2020-26th), Desmond Bane (2020-30th) and Yam Madar (2020-47th).
- 11/19/20 — Enes Kanter opted into the final year of his contract.
- 11/19/20 — Gordon Hayward opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 11/19/20 — Opted Semi Ojeleye into the final year of his contract, which remains non-guaranteed.
- 11/19/20 — Issued qualifying offers to Tacko Fall and Tremont Waters.
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue Brad Wanamaker a qualifying offer.
- 11/19/20 — Traded Vincent Poirier and $1 million to the Oklahoma City Thunder for a protected (top-55) 2021 second-rounder.
- 11/20/20 — Traded Desmond Bane (2020-30th) to the Memphis Grizzlies and Enes Kanter to the Portland Trail Blazers for a 2023 second-rounder (from the Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets or Miami Heat) and a 2025 second-rounder from the Grizzlies.
- 11/21/20 — Start of the 2020-21 season.
- 11/21/20 — Daniel Theis’ $5 million guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/21/20 — Semi Ojeleye’s $1,752,950 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/23/20 — Re-signed Tacko Fall to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/23/20 — Re-signed Tremont Waters to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Aaron Nesmith (2020-14th) to a $16,528,217 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/24/20 — Signed Payton Pritchard (2020-22nd) to a $10,449,717 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/29/20 — Traded Gordon Hayward (via sign-and-trade), a 2023 second-rounder and a 2024 second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets for a 2022 second-rounder (top-55 protected). Hayward signed a four-year $120 million contract.
- 11/30/20 — Signed Jeff Teague to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 11/30/20 — Signed Tristan Thompson to a two-year $18,978,900 contract.
- 12/4/20 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Waived Amile Jefferson.
- 12/29/20 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale options on Romeo Langford and Grant Williams.
- 12/29/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Robert Williams.
- 2/24/21 — Javonte Green’s $1,517,981 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Jeff Teague, a 2025 second-rounder (the lower of the Memphis Grizzlies or Celtics) and a 2027 second-rounder to the Orlando Magic for Evan Fournier.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Daniel Theis, Javonte Green and $1,300,000 to the Chicago Bulls for Luke Kornet from the Bulls and Moritz Wagner from the Wizards. The Bulls sent Daniel Gafford and Chandler Hutchison to the Wizards for Troy Brown Jr.
- 4/16/21 — Waived Moritz Wagner.
- 4/16/21 — Signed Jabari Parker to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,713,763 minimum contract.
- Kemba Walker — 15 percent
- Jayson Tatum — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Jayson Tatum — $28,816,237 (expiring 8/2/21)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Yam Madar (2020-47th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: TD Garden
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/27/21)