|Joe Chealey (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kemba Walker, Tony Parker, Shelvin Mack, Devonte’ Graham, Joe Chealey (two-way)
SG: Jeremy Lamb, Malik Monk, Dwayne Bacon, J.P. Macura (two-way)
SF: Nicolas Batum, Miles Bridges
PF: Marvin Williams, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Frank Kaminsky
C: Bismack Biyombo, Cody Zeller, Guillermo Hernangomez
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Dwight Howard, expiring 7/6/2019) — $7,819,725
- Mid-Level Exception — $3,641,000 (Tony Parker)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: Mangok Mathiang (two-way), Isaiah Wilkins, Jaylen Barford, Zach Smith
Traded Players: Dwight Howard, Timofey Mozgov, Julyan Stone
G-League Affiliate: Greensboro Swarm (Cam Twiss general manager, coach Joe Wolf)
Two-Way Contracts: J.P. Macura, Joe Chealey
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: James Borrego
Assistants: Jay Triano, Chad Iske, Jay Hernandez, Ronald Norad, Dutch Gaitley, Nate Mitchell
Trainer: Steve Stricker, Dennis Williams (assistant), Matt Friia (strength and conditioning)
- Mitch Kupchak — general manager
- Buzz Peterson — assistant general manager
- Larry Jordan — director, player personnel
- George Rodman — director of basketball analytics and strategy
- David Duquette — director of basketball strategy/team counsel
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Oklahoma City Thunder (Hamidou Diallo).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox, Miles Bridges).
- 2020 — Owed the lower second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks, via trade with Philadelphia 76ers (Anzejs Pasecniks, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Miles Bridges).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023– Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Devonte’ Graham).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $5 million from Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard); $243,000 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Hamidou Diallo) — $0 remaining
- 4/8/18 — Hired Mitch Kupchak as general manager.
- 4/13/18 — Fired Coach Steve Clifford.
- 5/10/18 — Hired Coach James Borrego.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (11th) and Arnoldas Kulboka (55th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (2018-11th) to Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to Miles Bridges (2018-12th), a 2020 second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers and 2021 second-rounder.
- 6/21/18 — Traded two second-rounders (2019 and 2023) to Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Devonte’ Graham (2018-34th).
- 7/2/18 — Signed Miles Bridges (2018-12th) to a $16,317,853 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/18 — Signed J.P. Macura to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/6/18 — Traded Dwight Howard to Brooklyn Nets for Timofey Mozgov the rights to Hamidou Diallo (2018-45th), a 2021 second-rounder and $5 million.
- 7/6/18 — Traded the rights to Hamidou Diallo (2018-45th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for a 2019 second-rounder and $243,000.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Devonte’ Graham (2018-34th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,069,177 contract.
- 7/7/18 — Traded Timofey Mozgov to Orlando Magic and Julyan Stone to Chicago Bulls for Bismack Biyombo and two second-rounders from the Magic.
- 7/22/18 — Signed Tony Parker to a partially-guaranteed two-year $10,250,000 contract.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Jaylen Barford to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Joe Chealey to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Zach Smith to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/26/18 — Signed Isaiah Wilkins to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 10/13/18 — Converted Joe Chealey to a two-way contract.
- 10/30/18 — Picked up the team option on Malik Monk.
- 2/10/19 — Claimed Shelvin Mack off waivers (from the Atlanta Hawks).
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Brian Roberts* ($1,471,382, non-Bird)
- Christian Wood* ($1,471,382, non-Bird)
- Marcus Paige (two-way, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arnoldas Kulboka (2018-55th)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Spectrum Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/16/19)
- Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer pleased with DeMarre Carroll
- Pelicans coach Willie Green: “Zion Williamson looked amazing”
- Lakers expected to pursue Irving, Grant, Turner, and Wiggins in 2023
- Jamal Crawford is frontrunner to replace Dwyane Wade on NBA on TNT
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list