|Richard Hamilton (stretched)||$333,333|
Quick: Over the cap, above the luxury-tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$21.7 million
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $1,126,000 remaining unused (partially used on Aaron Brooks)
- Trade Exception (Kirk Hinrich, expiring 2/18/17) — $2,854,940
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Derrick Rose, Aaron Brooks
SG: Jimmy Butler, Justin Holiday, Tony Snell, E’Twaun Moore (injured)
SF: Mike Dunleavy, Doug McDermott
PF: Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic, Cameron Bairstow (injured)
C: Pau Gasol, Bobby Portis, Cristiano Felicio, Joakim Noah (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/16 — Player option for Pau Gasol.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 7/25/16 — Cameron Bairstow’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Doug McDermott and Bobby Portis.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Tony Snell.
- 1/10/17 — Cristiano Felicio’s $875k guaranteed for 116/17.
- 2/18/17 — Kirk Hinrich $2.9 mil TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Nikola Mirotic, Tony Snell, Cameron Bairstow and Cristiano Felicio.
- 7/1/17 — Mike Dunleavy’s $5.2 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Bobby Portis.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Doug McDermott.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Doug McDermott.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Bobby Portis.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Jimmy Butler.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bobby Portis.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Bobby Portis with the 22nd pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Kirk Hinrich opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered Jimmy Butler a qualifying offer and a maximum qualifying offer.
- 7/7/15 — Signed Bobby Portis to a $6.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Jimmy Butler to a five-year, $87.8 million contract, final season a player option.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Cristiano Felicio to a two-year, $1.4 million non-guaranteed contract.
- 7/14/15 — Re-signed Mike Dunleavy to a three-year, $14.5 million contract, final season partially guaranteed ($1.7 million).
- 7/14/14 — Re-signed Aaron Brooks to a one-year, $2.3 million minimum contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Jordan Crawford to a $1.0 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Marcus Simmons to a $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Jake Anderson to a $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/1/15 — Signed Stefhon Hannah to a $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/30/15 — Picked up team options on Doug McDermott and Tony Snell.
- 1/10/16 — Cameron Bairstow’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Cristiano Felicio’s $525k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 2/18/16 — Traded Kirk Hinrich to Atlanta Hawks for Justin Holiday and a 2018 Denver Nuggets second-rounder from Utah Jazz.
No-Trade: Aaron Brooks
Waived Players: Jake Anderson, Stefhon Hannah, Jordan Crawford, Marcus Simmons
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th)
Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg (five-year, $25 million deal, starting with 2015/16 season)
Assistants: Randy Brown, Charlie Henry, Mike Wilhelm, Peter Myers
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka
- Gar Forman — General Manager
- Randy Brown — Assistant General Manager
- Brian Hagen — Assistant General Manager
- John Paxson — Director of Basketball Operations
- Jay Hillock — Director of Pro Personnel
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017, converts to 2017 second-rounder if in the top-55) from Sacramento Kings (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Luol Deng, 2013 31st pick).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (higher of Blazers and Chicago pick) to Orlando Magic (Anthony Randolph).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Derek Rose — 15%
Paul Gasol — 15%
Nikola Mirotic — 15%
Jimmy Butler — 5%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Carlos Boozer.
D-League Affiliate: None, but Windy City Bulls lined up for 16/17 season with Brad Seymour as president
(Updated on 4/19/16)
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan