|R.J. Hunter (waived)||$425,000|
|Thomas Walkup (waived)||$69,500|
Quick: Spent over the cap but can get under by $1.6 million by renouncing trade exception.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Trade Exception (Taj Gibson, expiring 2/23/18) — $5,462,000
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Rajon Rondo, Jerian Grant, Cameron Payne, Michael Carter-Williams
SG: Dwyane Wade, Paul Zipser, Isaiah Canaan, Anthony Morrow
SF: Jimmy Butler, Denzel Valentine
PF: Bobby Portis, Nikola Mirotic, Joffrey Lauvergne
C: Robin Lopez, Cristiano Felicio
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/17/16 — Traded Cameron Bairstow to Detroit Pistons for Spencer Dinwiddie.
- 6/22/16 — Traded Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-rounder to New York Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon and Jerian Grant.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Denzel Valentine (14th) and Paul Zipser (48th).
- 6/27/16 — Pau Gasol opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Pau Gasol, Joakim Noah, Aaron Brooks and E’Twaun Moore.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Jose Calderon, a 2018 Denver Nuggets second rounder, a 2019 second-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers for the rights to Ater Majok (2011-58th).
- 7/7/16 — Traded Mike Dunleavy, the rights to Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for the rights to Albert Miralles (2004-39th).
- 7/7/16 — Signed Rajon Rondo to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $28.1 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Paul Zipser (2016-48th) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $3.8 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Dwyane Wade to a two-year, $47.0 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/16/16 — Signed Denzel Valentine (2016-14th) to a $9.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/20/16 — Signed Isaiah Canaan to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.1 million contract.
- 7/28/16 — Signed Spencer Dinwiddie to a two-year, non-guaranteed $2,031,676 contract.
- 9/14/16 — Signed D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/16/16 — Signed Vince Hunter to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/19/16 — Signed J.J. Avila to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Thomas Walkup to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract.
- 10/17/16 — Traded Tony Snell to Milwaukee Bucks for Michael Carter-Williams
- 10/27/16 — Signed R.J. Hunter to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1,879,092 contract.
- 10/28/16 — Picked up team options for Doug McDermott, Jerian Grant and Bobby Portis.
- 10/31/16 — No extension for Michael Carter-Williams.
- 1/10/17 — Cristiano Felicio’s $874,636 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott and a 2018 second-rounder to Oklahoma City Thunder for Joffrey Lauvergne, Anthony Morrow and Cameron Payne.
Waived Players: Spencer Dinwiddie (twice), Vince Hunter, J.J. Avila, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Thomas Walkup, R.J. Hunter
Traded Players: Cameron Bairstow, Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday, Jose Calderon, Mike Dunleavy, Tony Snell, Doug McDermott, Taj Gibson
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg (five-year, $25 million deal, starting with 2015/16 season)
Assistants: Jim Boylen (associate head coach), Randy Brown, Charlie Henry, Mike Wilhelm, Peter Myers
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka, Chip Schaefer (director of sports performance), Armando Rivas (assistant athletic trainer), Matt Johnson (strength coach), Ed Streit (assistant strength coach)
- Gar Forman — general manager
- Randy Brown — assistant general manager
- Brian Hagen — assistant general manager
- John Paxson — director of basketball operations
- Jay Hillock — director of pro personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected, otherwise converts to second-rounder if in the top-55) from Sacramento Kings (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Derrick Rose).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Oklahoma City Thunder (Taj Gibson).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Jose Calderon).
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ater Majok (2011-58th), Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd), Milovan Rakovic (2007-60th), Albert Miralles (2004-39th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Nikola Mirotic — 15 percent
Jimmy Butler — 5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president, Brian Hagen general manager, Nate Loenser head coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/20/17)