|Omer Asik (waived)||$11,286,516|
|Wendell Carter Jr.||$4,441,200|
|Cameron Payne (waived)||$3,263,294|
|MarShon Brooks (waived)||$1,656,092|
|Carmelo Anthony (waived)||$1,512,601|
|Michael Carter-Wiliams (waived)||$1,200,000|
|Walter Lemon Jr.||$99,107|
|JaKarr Sampson (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Rawle Atkins (two-way)|
|Brandon Sampson (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ryan Arcidiacono, Shaquille Harrison, Walter Lemon Jr.
SG: Kris Dunn, Brandon Sampson (two-way), Antonio Blakeney, Rawle Alkins (two-way), Denzel Valentine (injured), Zach LaVine (injured)
SF: Otto Porter, Wayne Selden, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, Chandler Hutchison (injured)
PF: Lauri Markkanen, Cristiano Felicio
C: Robin Lopez, Wendell Carter Jr. (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Justin Holiday, expiring 1/3/20) — $1,183,573
- Room Exception: $4,449,000
Waived Players: Sean Kilpatrick, Paul Zipser, Julyan Stone, Derrick Walton Jr., Antonius Cleveland, Kaiser Gates, JaKarr Sampson, Omer Asik, Tyler Ulis (two-way), Cameron Payne, MarShon Brooks, Michael Carter-Williams, Carmelo Anthony
Traded Players: Jerian Grant, Justin Holiday, Bobby Portis, Jabari Parker
G-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president, Brian Hagen general manager, Charlie Henry head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Rawle Alkins, Brandon Sampson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Jim Boylen
Assistants: Peter Myers, Nate Loenser, Shawn Respert, Dean Cooper, Karen Stack Umlauf
Trainer: Jeff Tanaka, Chip Schaefer (director of sports performance), Arnold Lee (assistant athletic trainer), Armando Rivas (assistant athletic trainer), Matt Johnson (strength coach), Ed Streit (assistant strength coach)
- Gar Forman — general manager
- Doug Collins — senior advisor of basketball operations
- Brian Hagen — associate general manager
- John Paxson — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Jim Paxson — director of pro personnel
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from the Memphis Grizzlies (Justin Holiday).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jose Calderon, Isaac Bonga).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Memphis Grizzlies (Justin Holiday), may go to the Houston Rockets (56-60 range, Michael Carter-Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot)
- 2021 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic).
- 2022 — Bulls can swap second-rounders with Detroit Pistons (Jameer Nelson), may go to Memphis Grizzlies (James Ennis).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder (top-36 protected) to the Washington Wizards (Otto Porter).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1,065,966 from the Houston Rockets (Michael Carter-Williams), $1,566,570 from the Houston Rockets (Carmelo Anthony), $2,610,464 from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot) — $0 remaining
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Wendell Carter Jr. (7th) and Chandler Hutchison (22nd)
- 6/28/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Zach LaVine, David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/3/18 — Wendell Carter Jr. (2018-7th) to a $22,011,467 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/18 — Chandler Hutchison (2018-22nd) to a $10,786,789 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/18 — Traded Jerian Grant to Orlando Magic for Julyan Stone from Chicago Bulls.
- 7/8/18 — Matched the Sacramento Kings’ offer sheet to Zach LaVine on a four-year $78 million contract.
- 7/12/18 — Revoked qualifying offers to David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/14/18 — Renounced the rights to Noah Vonleh, David Nwaba and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/14/18 — Signed Jabari Parker to a two-year $40 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/20/18 — Re-signed Antonio Blakeney (ending his two-way) to a two-year $4,922,903 contract.
- 7/23/18 — Claimed Antonius Cleveland off waivers (Atlanta Hawks).
- 7/25/18 — Signed Rawle Alkins to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/18 — Re-signed Ryan Arcidiacono to a partially-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum contract.
- 8/14/18 — Signed Derrick Walton Jr. to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed Kaiser Gates to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/14/18 — Claimed Tyler Ulis off waivers (Chicago Bulls).
- 10/15/18 — Converted Tyler Ulis to a two-way contract.
- 10/21/18 — Signed Shaquille Harrison to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,899,496 minimum contract.
- 10/30/18 — Picked up team options on Lauri Markkanen, Kris Dunn and Denzel Valentine.
- 12/3/18 — Fired Coach Fred Hoiberg.
- 12/4/18 — Promoted Jim Boylen to head coach.
- 12/27/18 — Signed Brandon Sampson to a two-way contract.
- 1/3/19 — Traded Justin Holiday to the Memphis Grizzlies for MarShon Brooks, Wayne Selden and two second-rounders (2019 and 2020).
- 1/7/19 — Traded a protected 2020 second-rounder (from the Memphis Grizzlies) to the Houston Rockets for Michael Carter-Williams and $1,065,966.
- 1/10/19 — Ryan Arcidiacono’s $1,349,383 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Shaquille Harrison’s $1,311,265 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 1/22/19 — Traded the rights to Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd) to the Houston Rockets for Carmelo Anthony, the rights to Jon Diebler (2011-51st) and $1,566,570.
- 2/1/19 — Traded a top-55 protected 2020 second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and $2,610,464.
- 2/6/19 — Traded Bobby Portis, Jabari Parker and a protected 2023 second-rounder (top-36 protected) to the Washington Wizards for Otto Porter.
- 3/29/19 — Signed Walter Lemon to a partially-guaranteed two-year $1,687,338 contract.
- 3/31/19 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to an $88,531 10-day contract.
- 4/10/19 — JaKarr Sampson’s 10-day contract expired.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Albert Miralles (2004-39th)
Arena: United Center
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Zach LaVine (7/8/19 — cannot be traded to Sacramento Kings until then)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/16/19)
- Pacers’ Myles Turner: ‘I build Legos, I’ve gone through 120K Legos since the season started’
- Pistons, Spurs, and Wizards are a combined 1-48 in their last 49 games
- Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA player with 350+ points, 50+ assists, 25+ steals, & 50+ blocks in 1st 20 games
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine