|Jordan McRae (waived)||$874,636|
|Andrew Bogut (waived)||$242,224|
|Larry Sanders (waived)||$207,722|
|Derrick Williams (expired 10-day)||$57,672|
|Derrick Williams (expired 10-day)||$57,672|
|Dahntay Jones (waived)||$18,255|
Quick: Over the cap and tax threshold.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Trade Exception (Sasha Kaun, expiring 7/17/17) — $1,333,420
- Trade Exception (Mike Dunleavy, expiring 1/8/18) — $4,837,500
- Trade Exception (Mo Williams, expiring 1/8/18) — $2,194,500
- Trade Exception (Chris Andersen, expiring 2/13/18) — $980.431
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $433,529 (Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Kyrie Irving, Deron Williams, Kay Felder
SG: Iman Shumpert, J.R. Smith, Dahntay Jones
SF: LeBron James, Richard Jefferson, Kyle Korver
PF: Kevin Love, James Jones, Derrick Williams
C: Tristan Thompson, Channing Frye, Edy Tavares
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/15/16 — J.R. Smith opted out of the final year on his contract.
- 6/14/16 — Mo Williams opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/23/16 — Traded $2,465,386 to Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Kay Felder (54th).
- 6/29/16 — LeBron James opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/16 — Exercised team option for the final year of Jordan McRae’s contract.
- 6/30/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Matt Dellavedova.
- 7/7/16 — Sign and traded Matthew Dellavedova to Milwaukee Bucks and $200,000 for the rights to Albert Miralles (2004-39th).
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Albert Miralles (2004-39th) to Chicago Bulls for Mike Dunleavy and the rights to Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th).
- 7/15/16 — Traded Sasha Kaun and $1.8 million to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th).
- 7/21/16 — Signed Chris Andersen to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/27/16 — Signed Coach Tyronn Lue to an estimated five-year, $35 million extension (TBD).
- 7/28/16 — Signed Richard Jefferson to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $7,612,500 contract.
- 8/2/16 — Signed James Jones to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 8/2/16 — Signed DeAndre Liggins to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2,103,441 contract.
- 8/6/16 — Signed Kay Felder (2016-54th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,498,982 contract, team option on final season.
- 8/12/16 — Signed LeBron James to a three-year, $99,857,127 contract, player option on final season.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Cory Jefferson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Markel Brown to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed John Holland to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Dahntay Jones to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,551,659 summer contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Eric Moreland to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Jonathan Holmes to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/3/16 — Signed Toney Douglas to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,315,448 summer contract.
- 10/15/16 — Signed J.R. Smith to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $56,960,000 contract.
- 1/6/17 — Traded a 2017 first-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers for a protected 2018 first-rounder (Cavaliers’ own).
- 1/7/17 — Traded Mike Dunleavy, Mo Williams, a protected 2019 first-rounder and $750,000 to Atlanta Hawks for Kyle Korver.
- 1/10/17 — DeAndre Liggins’ $1,015,696 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Jordan McRae’s $874,636 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/9/17 — Signed Derrick Williams to a 10-day $67,007 contract.
- 2/13/17 — Traded Chris Andersen and $750,000 to Charlotte Hornets for a protected 2017 second-rounder.
- 2/23/17 — Signed Derrick Williams to a 10-day $67,007 contract.
- 2/27/17 — Signed Deron Williams for the rest of the season at $410,733.
- 3/2/17 — Signed Andrew Bogut for the rest of the season at $383,351.
- 3/4/17 — Signed Derrick Williams for the rest of the season at $268,029.
- 3/13/17 — Signed Larry Sanders to a two-year, $2,049,571 contract, team option on second season.
- 4/12/17 — Signed Edy Tavares to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3,077,047 contract.
- 4/12/17 — Signed Dahntay Jones to a $9,127 contract.
Waived Players: Dahntay Jones (twice), Eric Moreland, Toney Douglas, Cory Jefferson, Markel Brown, Jonathan Holmes, John Holland, Jordan McRae, Andrew Bogut, DeAndre Liggins (claimed by Dallas Mavericks)
Traded Players: Mike Dunleavy, Mo Williams, Chris Andersen
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Derrick Williams (two)
No-Trade: LeBron James, James Jones (implicit)
Head Coach: Tyronn Lue (three-year deal, as of 2015-16 season — five-year, $35 million extension in July 2016, terms TBD)
Assistants: Larry Drew (associate head coach), Jim Boylan, Bret Brielmaier, James Posey, Phil Handy (also director of player development), Mike Longabardi, Damon Jones, Vitaly Potapenko (assistant director of player development)
Trainers: Steve Spiro, Derek Millender (strength and conditioning)
- David Griffin — General Manager
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Charlotte Hornets (Chris Andersen).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao, 2017 pick swap).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Keith Bogans).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Keith Bogans), may go to Charlotte Hornets (Andrei Kirilenko, Juan Pablo Vaulet).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Kyle Korver)
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Minnesota Timberwolves (Tyus Jones).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Lakers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas).
- 2019 — Owe higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders to Portland Trail Blazers (Brendan Haywood), both possibly to Trail Blazers, if owed first-rounder is not conveyed. (Anderson Varejao).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Dion Waiters), possibly to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Cedi Osman (2015-31st), Sir’Dominic Pointer (2015-53rd), Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $200,000 to Milwaukee Bucks (Matthew Dellavedova); $1.8 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Sasha Kaun); $750,000 to Atlanta Hawks (Kyle Korver); $750,000 to Charlotte Hornets (Chris Andersen) — $0 remaining
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Non-Bird: Shawn Marion ($980,431 cap hold)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Kyrie Irving — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Canton Charge (Nate Reinking coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/17)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Lakers More Interested in DeMar DeRozan than Zach LaVine
- Jrue Holiday Averaging Career-High in Rebounds Per Game
- Four Things With Frank: Alperen Şengün’s Scoring Leap, An Intriguing Cavs Lineup And More
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) could make season debut Saturday vs. Cavaliers