|Larry Nance Jr.||$1,471,382|
|Okaro White (expired 10-day)||$74,159|
|Marcus Thompson (expired 10-day)||$46,080|
|John Holland (two-way)|
|London Perrantes (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and tax threshold. Repeat tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Trade Exception (Kyrie Irving, expiring 8/22/18) — $5,811,114
- Trade Exception (Richard Jefferson, expiring 10/14/18) — $2,500,000
- Trade Exception (Kay Felder, expiring 10/14/18) — $1,312,611
- Trade Exception (Dwyane Wade, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $2,549,143 (Cedi Osman)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, Jose Calderon, London Perrantes (two-way)
SG: J.R. Smith, Rodney Hood, John Holland (two-way)
SF: Kyle Korver, Jeff Green, Cedi Osman, Okaro White
PF: LeBron James, Larry Nance Jr.
C: Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Ante Zizic, Kendrick Perkins
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Canton Charge (Mike Gansey general manager, Nate Reinking coach)
Two-Way Contracts: John Holland (two-year), London Perrantes (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Tyronn Lue (three-year deal, as of 2015-16 season — five-year, $35 million extension in July 2016, terms TBD)
Assistants: Larry Drew (associate head coach), Jim Boylan, Bret Brielmaier, James Posey, Phil Handy (also director of player development), Mike Longabardi, Damon Jones, Vitaly Potapenko (assistant director of player development)
Trainers: Steve Spiro, Derek Millender (strength and conditioning)
- Koby Altman — general manager
- Mike Gansey — assistant general manager
- Brock Aller — senior director of basketball operations
- Jon Nichols — senior director of analytics
- Brandon Weems — director of scouting
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett, Kyrie Irving).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-three protected, otherwise 2023 first-rounder top-10 protected, otherwise a 2023 second-rounder) to Los Angeles Lakers (Jordan Clarkson).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Keith Bogans) or to Charlotte Hornets (Andrei Kirilenko, Juan Pablo Vaulet). Higher pick between Brooklyn Nets and Cavaliers will go to Philadelphia, lower to Charlotte Hornets.
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Kyle Korver)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks or Detroit Pistons. Magic will receive the highest of the Cavaliers, Rockets, Blazers and their own pick. The Kings receive the second-highest of the Magic, Cavaliers and Rockets’ picks. The Knicks will get the lowest of the three picks. The Pistons will get the lowest of either the Blazers’ pick or the highest of the Orlando, Cavaliers and Rockets’ picks (Iman Shumpert, Pablo Prigioni, Kyle O’Quinn, Jake Layman, Jodie Meeks, Scott Perry).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox).
- 2024 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Miami HEAT (Dwyane Wade).
- 2024 — Utah Jazz can swap second-rounders with Cavaliers (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $3.0 million to Atlanta Hawks (Richard Jefferson); $2.1 million to Sacramento Kings (George Hill) — $0 remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/19/17 — Parted ways with general manager David Griffin.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Jose Calderon to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Jeff Green to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
- 7/12/17 — Signed Kyle Korver to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $22,060,000 contract.
- 7/18/17 — Signed Cedi Osman (2015-31st) to a three-year, $8,325,000 contract.
- 7/25/17 — Signed Derrick Rose to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
- 8/22/17 — Traded Kyrie Irving to Boston Celtics for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, a Brooklyn Nets first-rounder and a 2020 Miami Heat second-rounder.
- 9/9/17 — Signed John Holland to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Kendrick Perkins to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/26/17 — Signed Jacorey Williams to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 9/27/17 — Signed Dwyane Wade to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Isaac Hamilton to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/14/17 — Traded Richard Jefferson and Kay Felder, a 2019 second-rounder, a protected 2020 second-rounder and $3.0 million to Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th) and Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th)
- 10/18/17 — Signed London Perrantes to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 1/8/18 — Mo Williams and Mike Dunleavy trade exceptions expired.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifted on Kyle Korver.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Isaiah Thomas, Channing Frye and a protected 2018 first-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Dwyane Wade to Miami HEAT for a protected 2024 second-rounder.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Iman Shumpert, the rights to Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), a 2020 second-rounder and $2.1 million to Sacramento Kings along with Derrick Rose, Jae Crowder and 2024 second-round swap rights to Utah Jazz for George Hill, the rights to Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th) and Rodney Hood.
- 2/13/18 — Chris Andersen trade exception expired.
- 2/22/18 — Signed Marcus Thornton to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/18/18 — Signed Okaro White to a 10-day, $74,159 contract.
- 4/7/18 — Signed Okaro White to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1,582,030 contract.
- 4/11/18 — Signed Kendrick Perkins to a two-year, $2,458,241 contract, team option on second season.
Waived Players: Jacorey Williams, Isaac Hamilton, Kendrick Perkins, Edy Tavares
Traded Players: Kyrie Irving, Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder, Isaiah Thomas, Derrick Rose, Iman Shumpert, Channing Frye, Dwyane Wade, Jae Crowder
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Marcus Thornton, Okaro White
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Sir’Dominic Pointer (2015-53rd), Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Arena: Quicken Loans Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: James Jones ($1,471,382)
- Non-Bird: Deron Williams ($1,471,382), Derrick Williams ($1,471,382), Dahntay Jones ($1,471,382), Shawn Marion ($1,471,382 cap hold*)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- LeBron James — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: LeBron James
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/3/18)