|Andre Drummond (waived)||$27,957,238|
|Larry Nance Jr||$11,709091|
|JR Smith (stretched)||$1,456,667|
|Rayjon Tucker (waived)||$340,000|
|Thon Maker (waived)||$309,355|
|Yogi Ferrell (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Quinn Cook (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Quinn Cook (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Anderson Varejao (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Mfiondu Kabengele (expired 10-day)||$99,020|
|Mfiondu Kabengele (expired 10-day)||$99,020|
|Anderson Varejao (expired hardship)||$33,299|
|Brodric Thomas (two-way)|
|Jeremiah Martin (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Collin Sexton, Jeremiah Martin (two-way), Matthew Dellavedova (injured)
SG: Darius Garland, Damyean Dotson, Brodric Thomas (two-way), Dylan Windler (injured)
SF: Isaac Okoro, Cedi Osman, Lamar Stevens
PF: Kevin Love, Dean Wade, Larry Nance Jr (injured), Taurean Prince (injured)
C: Jarrett Allen, Isaiah Hartenstein, Mfiondu Kabengele
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Kevin Porter Jr, expiring 11/29/21*) — $1,717,981
- Trade Exception (JaVale McGee, expiring 2/11/22*) — $4,200,000
- Mid-Level Exception — $6,605,634 (Damyean Dotson, Lamar Stevens)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
* Exact Date TBD
Waived Players: Rayjon Tucker, Matt Mooney (two-way), Levi Randolph, Charles Matthews, Norvel Pelle, Thon Maker, Marques Bolden (two-way), Andre Drummond
Traded Players: Alfonzo McKinnie, Jordan Bell, Dante Exum, Kevin Porter Jr, JaVale McGee
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Yogi Ferrell, Quinn Cook (two), Mfiondu Kabengele (two), Anderson Varejao (two)
G-League Affiliate: Canton Charge (Mike Gansey general manager, Nate Reinking coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Brodric Thomas, Jeremiah Martin
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Dan Gilbert
- Koby Altman — general manager
- Mike Gansey — assistant general manager
- Bernie Bickerstaff — senior basketball advisor
- Jason Hillman — basketball chief of staff/team counsel
- Andrae Patterson — director of basketball administration
- Jon Nichols — senior director, analytics/personnel
- Brandon Weems — director of scouting
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff
Assistants: Antonio Lang, Greg Buckner, Dan Geriot, Lindsay Gottlieb, JJ Outlaw, Mike Gerrity
Trainers: Mark Kovacs (senior director, sports science and health), Steve Spiro (head athletic trainer), Derek Millender (strength and conditioning), Albert Padilla, Ed Subel
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Kyle Korver, Jaxson Hayes).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Washington Wizards (Sam Dekker).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Houston Rockets (Alec Burks).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Kyle Korver, Jaxson Hayes).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson).
- 2023 — Owe a second-rounder (lower of Cleveland or Golden State Warriors) to the Detroit Pistons (Andre Drummond).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder (top-46) from the Denver Nuggets (JaVale McGee).
- 2024 — The New York Knicks get the higher of the Utah Jazz and Cavaliers picks (Leandro Bolmaro), the remaining pick to the Indiana Pacers (James Harden).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Golden State Warriors (Eric Paschall, Clint Capela, Kevin Porter Jr).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (Ilkan Karaman).
- 2026 — Owed a second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (JaVale McGee).
- 2027 — Owed a second-rounder from the Utah Jazz (Rayjon Tucker).
- 2027 — Owed a second-rounder from the Denver Nuggets (JaVale McGee).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $2 million to the Utah Jazz (Rayjon Tucker) — $3,617,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/17/20 — Andre Drummond opted into the final year on his contract.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Isaac Okoro (2020-5th).
- 11/18/20 – Traded the rights to Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th) to the Milwaukee Bucks for a 2025 second-rounder and the removal of protections on the 2022 first-rounder owed by the Bucks.
- 11/21/20 — Signed Isaac Okoro (2020-5th) to a $29,083,315 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/23/20 — Renounced the rights to Tristan Thompson and Matthew Dellavedova.
- 11/23/20 — Traded Alfonzo McKinnie and Jordan Bell to the Los Angeles Lakers for JaVale McGee and a 2026 second-rounder.
- 11/24/20 — Re-signed Matthew Dellavedova to a $2,174,318 minimum contract.
- 11/24/20 — Signed Damyean Dotson to a two-year partially-guaranteed $4 million contract (second season non-guaranteed).
- 11/27/20 — Traded $2 million to the Utah Jazz for Rayjon Tucker and a 2027 second-rounder.
- 11/27/20 — Signed Charles Matthews to an $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/28/20 — Waived Rayjon Tucker.
- 11/28/20 — Signed Lamar Stevens to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/28/20 — Signed Thon Maker to non-guaranteed $1,737,145 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 9).
- 11/28/20 — Signed Marques Bolden to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/1/20 — Re-signed Levi Randolph to non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Waived Matt Mooney (two-way), Levi Randolph and Charles Matthews.
- 12/19/20 — Converted Marques Bolden to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 12/19/20 — Signed Norvel Pelle to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Waived Norvel Pelle.
- 12/29/20 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale options on Kevin Porter Jr., Darius Garland and Dylan Windler.
- 12/29/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Collin Sexton.
- 1/11/21 — Signed Yogi Ferrell to a 10-day $118,983 contract (hardship)
- 1/13/21 — Ended Yogi Ferrell’s 10-day contract.
- 1/14/21 — Waived Thon Maker.
- 1/14/21 — Renounced the rights to Channing Frye and Ante Zizic.
- 1/14/21 — Traded Dante Exum and a Milwaukee 2022 first-rounder to the Houston Rockets and a 2024 second-rounder (either from the Utah Jazz or Cavaliers) for Jarrett Allen (via the Jordan Clarkson trade exception), Taurean Prince and the rights to Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th).
- 1/15/21 — Caris LeVert, part of the three-team trade with the Houston Rockets and Brooklyn Nets, failed his physical, voiding the 1/14/21 trade.
- 1/16/21 — Traded Dante Exum and a Milwaukee 2022 first-rounder to the Houston Rockets, and a 2024 second-rounder (either from the Utah Jazz or Cavaliers) to the Indiana Pacers for Jarrett Allen (via the Jordan Clarkson trade exception), Taurean Prince and the rights to Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th).
- 1/22/21 — Traded Kevin Porter Jr to the Houston Rockets for a Golden State Warriors 2024 second-rounder (top-55 protected).
- 2/24/21 — Waived Marques Bolden (two-way).
- 2/24/21 — Dean Wade’s $1,517,98 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 2/24/21 — Signed Brodric Thomas to a non-guaranteed two-way contract.
- 3/12/21 — Signed Quinn Cook to a 10-day $118,983 contract.
- 3/22/21 — Quinn Cook’s 10-day expired.
- 3/22/21 — Signed Quinn Cook to a second 10-day $118,983 contract.
- 3/25/21 — Traded JaVale McGee to the Denver Nuggets for Isaiah Hartenstein, a 2023 second-rounder (top-46 protected) and a 2027 second-rounder.
- 3/26/21 — Waived Andre Drummond.
- 4/1/21 — Quinn Cook’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/10/21 — Signed Mfiondu Kabengele to a 10-day $99,020 contract.
- 4/14/21 — Re-signed Lamar Stevens to a partially-guaranteed four-year $5,883,649 contract, team option on the final season (ending his two-way).
- 4/20/21 — Mfiondu Kabengele’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/21/21 — Re-signed Mfiondu Kabengele to a second 10-day $99,020 contract.
- 4/28/21 — Signed Jeremiah Martin to a non-guaranteed two-way contract.
- 5/1/21 — Mfiondu Kabengele’s 10-day contract expired.
- 5/1/21 — Re-signed Mfiondu Kabengele to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,706,764 contract.
- 5/4/21 — Signed Anderson Varejao to a 10-day $175,668 contract.
- 5/14/21 — Anderson Varejao’s 10-day contract expired.
- 5/14/21 — Re-signed Anderson Varejao for the rest of the season at $52,7000 (hardship exception).
- 5/17/21 — Anderson Varejao’s contract expired.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Matthew Dellavedova (One-Year Bird)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th), Arturas Gudaitis (2015-47th), Milan Macvan (2011-54th), Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th), Ejike Ugboaja (2006-55th), Edin Bavcic (2006-56th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: Quicken Loans Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/24/21)
- NBA fan dies at Golden 1 Center during 1st quarter of Pelicans-Kings game
- Kelly Oubre Jr. mocks press for questioning legitimacy of his injury and hit-and-run incident
- Tyrese Haliburton records 1st career triple-double, 3rd 25-point, 10-assist game with 0 turnovers this season
- Famous “pitbull” lawyer Gloria Allred is representing teen in Josh Giddey’s controversial case
- Kings’ Domantas Sabonis passes Bob Cousy, Ben Simmons for 13th-most triple-doubles