NCAA March Madness Betting Guide – How to Gamble on March Madness 2023
It’s that time of the year again: March, when the NCAA Tournament takes center stage on the USA sporting scene. On this page, you’ll get a crash course on how to gamble on March Madness, the sites we recommend, why they stand out and the best way to secure a valuable welcome bonus that can lead to winning real money fast.
March Madness attracts more betters than every sporting event in the country besides the Super Bowl and now, with so many online sportsbooks, there is never a better time to join the fun. Read on for more.
50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus
150% Match On The First Deposit Up To $150
$750 Welcome Bonus (3 x $250 Bonuses)
50% Welcome Deposit Bonus up to $1000
150% Deposit Bonus up to $2500
Get a Welcome Bonus of up to $750
125% Sign Up Bonus Up To $2,500
50% Welcome Deposit Bonus Up To $500 + $10 Casino Chip
50% Sports Welcome Bonus Up To $1000
50% First Time Deposit Match Up To $1000
Check More of Our March Madness College Gambling 2023 Guides
- College Basketball Betting Guide – Best NCAA Betting Sites Ranked & Reviewed.
- Best March Madness Betting Websites – Discover Top March Madness Sport Gambling Sites Reviewed.
- Best March Madness Betting Odds – In-depth Guide to the Latest March Madness Betting Odds and Lines.
Ranking the Top 10 Betting Options for March Madness 2023
For your convenience, our team of experts ranked the Top 10 online sportsbooks for March Madness below:
- BetOnline– Best overall option for March Madness betting
- Bovada – Well-respected industry leader in online sports betting
- MyBookie – Many markets, and March Madness prop bets
- Everygame – Over 25 years of experience in online sportsbook
- Xbet– Clean and extremely easy website to navigate
- Lucky Block– Featuring the fastest payouts in the industry
- BetUS – Biggest welcome bonus for March Madness
- BUSR – Competitive March Madness bonuses and promotions
- BetNow – New live betting compatibility is among the best in industry
- Jazz Sports – Competitive odds and Bracket contest
We know you want to be completely comfortable with the online sportsbook you choose, so our team of experts leaves no stone unturned in ranking the top sites for you. Scroll down for our detailed reviews of the top 5 sites, to know more how to bet on March Madness.
How to Gamble on March Madness: Step-by-Step Guide
When you’ve found your online sportsbook, it’s time to claim the bonus that’s right for you and start placing March Madness bets. It’s an easy process to get started. Here, we’ve compiled a checklist on how to gamble on March Madness:
Step 1: Find the Online Sportsbook You’d Like to Join
After finding the link of the sportsbook you’d like to bet on March Madness at, head to that sportsbook’s website to register for a new account.
Step 2: Complete the Registration Process
Generally, online casinos require your name, birthdate, email address, a valid form of government identification and an acceptable payment method.
Oftentimes, there is a spot where players can opt-in for the welcome bonus near the end of the registration process. Other times, there is a welcome bonus code that you must enter to receive the bonus offer.
Step 3: Read the Terms and Conditions
This is important because every USA online sportsbook has different terms and conditions and you’d like to be as best informed as possible when learning how to bet on March Madness.
After completing the registration process, the sportsbook will send you a verification link to your e-mail. Click that to officially activate your new account.
Step 4: Fund Your Account
Now it’s time to deposit the funds to the betting site so you can get betting. You can deposit funds via credit cards on all the sites discussed on this page. Most also have crypto deposit options. Be sure to input the site’s promo code to receive bonus cash to boost your account balance.
Step 5: Place Your March Madness Bets
Once you are set up and have funded the account, it’s time to select your March Madness bets. Be sure to research all the March Madness betting lines and odds. Once you’ve selected the bet or bets you want to place enter how much you want to stake check out how much you stand to win then hit the Place Bet button.
Now you are complete you can sit back, enjoy the game and hopefully claim your winnings. Good luck!
Is it Legal to Bet on March Madness in the US?
Yes, betting on March Madness in the US is legal. Since the Supreme Court Ruling, that overturned a country-wide ban on sports gambling, over 30 states have passed legislation on sports gambling making it legal either in person, online, or both.
However, there are still some states where domestic sports betting is illegal and even some states that have legalized sports betting have restrictions on gambling on collegiate sports. For example, New Jersey does not allow any bets on college teams in the state or any games played in the state and Tennessee allows bets to be placed on college sports but live props and player props are banned.
The legalities of betting on March Madness via a domestic sportsbook can be confusing. The good news is that players from across all 50 states can access and bet on March Madness via offshore sportsbooks like BetOnline with no restrictions on bet types, as all of these sportsbooks are based outside of the US and licensed by international entities, so they do not fall under federal jurisdiction.
Where to Legally Bet on March Madness
While online sportsbooks are spreading like wildfire in the USA, offshore bookies are still the best places to wager sports bets. Now, licensed and regulated online sportsbooks are popping up across the US at a rapid rate, which means bettors can feel more safe and secure in making sports bets than ever before.
Rules and Regulations for March Madness Betting
While each state has different rules on sports betting, set up by their respective gaming commissions, betting on March Madness is not much different than betting on other sports.
However, there are cases where in-state players are not allowed to bet on in-state casinos. If you are located in a state with a team in the NCAA Tournament, make sure you check the terms and conditions of that sportsbook.
Reviewing the Best March Madness Betting Options in 2023
Now that you know how to gamble on March Madness, our team of experts will review the Top 5 NCAA Tournament betting sites in the USA 2023. In these reviews, we point out what you need to know: Bonuses, bets, payment methods and much more.
Read on to see where and how to bet on March Madness:
1. BetOnline – Includes Plenty of Futures Bets and March Madness Prop Bets
One look at BetOnline shows what you’re getting: A professional online sportsbook with plenty of bets and options and years of experience. BetOnline hosts a $250,000 March Madness bracket challenge with a $25 entry fee.
At BetOnline, they really emphasize March Madness betting, with not only a full slate of bets and props, but also March Madness Insurance. Here’s how it works: If your over/under bet is “under” at the end of a regulation NCAA Tournament game, BetOnline will refund the wager for the full amount, up to $100.
Also, the Bracket Buster Refund can be worthwhile: If you lose a point spread beat on a Top 3 seed in the first weekend, you can get refunded up to $100. To qualify for the Bracket Buster Refund, players must bet on the Top 3 seed to cover in both the first and second rounds.
By supporting most major payment methods and with their special attention paid to the NCAA Tournament, BetOnline is one of our best bets for March Madness betting!
What we like:
- Strong reputation in industry
- Easy-access mobile platform for betting
- No-fee banking payment methods
- March Madness Insurance if game goes into overtime
- Unique NCAA Tournament prop bets
What we don’t:
- High rollover requirements
- No live chat for customer service
2. Bovada – Well-respected Industry Leader in USA Online Sports Betting
There’s a good chance you’ve heard about Bovada. With years of experience in the online sportsbook industry, they are considered one of the leaders.
Taking a first look at the website, it’s easy to find where March Madness betting will happen: At their NCAA Tournament page, you’ll find a complete list of bets and props, including the fun and exciting “Bracket Challenge.”
In the Bovada Bracket Challenge, they will pick a handful of celebrities and get them to fill out March Madness brackets. Players will then pick their favorite celebrity bracket and enter a sweepstakes. 50 winners will be selected at random and receive $100 cash vouchers for Bovada.
One thing Bovada could do better is offering bigger bonuses and promotions, but when you join Bovada, you’ll know that you’re getting a very respected brand where you can be confident in betting.
What we like:
- Well-established brand with years of experience
- Many payment methods with quick withdrawal
- Competitive college basketball betting odds
- Excellent VIP/Loyalty program
- NCAA Tournament bets and Bracket Challenge
What we don’t:
- Welcome bonus for fiat payments is low
- Limited number of bonuses and promotions
3. MyBookie – Wide Range of Markets Available and Free Bracket Contest
MyBookie checks off all the boxes of an upper-echelon online sportsbook: A reputable name, tons of bets and both online casino and sportsbook.
Particularly for March Madness, MyBookie stands out: They offer a wide-range of prop bets and future bets for the NCAA Tournament and have created their niche with the prop building feature, where bettors can find the most creative prop bets.
With quick customer service and deposit/withdrawal times, MyBookie is establishing themselves as one of the go-to online sportsbooks in the USA.
What we like:
- March Madness predictions and coverage
- Free March Madness bracket contest
- Lots of educational material on college basketball betting
- Prop building feature
What we don’t:
- Limited payment options
- Card payments have a minimum amount of $45
4. Xbet – Clean and Easy Website to Navigate for March Madness Bets
As one of the newcomers on the USA online sportsbook block, Xbet has made a strong industry impression in a short period of time. Despite their relative youth, they have become a very popular destination for bettors.
Focusing mainly on the American sports market, they offer a wide range of bets and props and we expect that to continue with this year’s March Madness: Xbet has beefed up their coverage of the event with on-site analysis and predictions to help you make the best picks.
While Xbet features a number of payment options, they also include cryptocurrency, which opens them up to new customers. Their customer service is top-notch, with a quick response time, so this is a site you should definitely check out.
What we like:
- Bets available on all major US sports
- $100 bonus for customer referrals
- Competitive March Madness odds
- Includes blog with sports new, predictions and picks
What we don’t:
- New sportsbook with room to grow
- A smaller selection of college basketball betting line options to some competitors
5. BetUS – One of the Top online sportsbooks in USA to bet March Madness
For our money, BetUS has the best welcome bonus offer in the industry: At sign-up, you can receive up to $3,125 in bonus funds. BetUS will match your first deposit by 125%, which counts as the highest around.
Bets-wise, BetUS has a wide range of March Madness bets, including live betting, moneyline and point spreads for each game and props. Compared to other online sportsbooks, BetUS holds their own in this regard.
One thing that stands out for BetUS is their impressive user interface, which is clean and crisp, with easy-to-spot navigation so you can easily find your way from bet to bet and around your account.
At BetUS, you can bet on all major sports, including the NCAA Tournament, and most importantly, they support a number of different payment methods so you can feel confident playing. They are also known for plenty of promotions, so keep your eyes peeled.
What we like:
- One of the largest welcome bonuses
- BetUS TV and locker room offers picks and predictions
- Wide range of March Madness bets
- 64, sweet sixteen, and elite 8 bracket contests
- 24/7 customer service
What we don’t:
- High minimum deposit to qualify for bonus
- short time period to meet wagering requirements of bonus
How to Gamble on March Madness – The Different Types of Bets
One of the reasons the NCAA Tournament is so popular for bettors is the many ways how to gamble on March Madness. When you find the bonus or promotion that’s right for you, make sure it’s at an online sportsbook that features many different wagers, so you have many possibilities.
Here, our team of experts will break down the different types of March Madness bets:
Moneyline Bets on March Madness
The easiest way how to gamble on March Madness is with a moneyline bet. It’s simple, just pick which team you think will win the game.
Each sportsbook will determine the odds for each game. Unlike point spread bets, which we’ll get to in a second, there are no points involved in moneyline bets. If the team you picked wins that NCAA Tournament game, then you’ll receive winnings based on the odds.
Keep in mind that odds change so the moneyline bet is based on the odds at the time you place the bet.
When looking at moneyline bets, make sure you know the difference between favorites and underdogs: Favorites will be indicated by a negative number (-150, for example) and underdogs will be indicated by a positive number (+150, for example).
You can easily determine how much you’ll win by looking at these numbers: If you place a $100 bet on a -150 favorite, you’ll win $85, in addition to receiving your wager amount back. If you place a $100 bet on a +150 underdog, you’ll win $150, in addition to receiving your wager amount back.
Point Spread Bets on March Madness
The point spread bet is perhaps the most popular bet out there: It’s a single-game wager on a team to win or lose by a certain number of points.
Like moneyline bet odds, these point spreads will be determined by each online sportsbook and likely will vary, so make sure you find the best point spreads for your bet.
Point spread bets are most popular in football but they work exactly the same in the NCAA Tournament: By taking the favorite (Duke -7.5, for example), you’re betting that Duke wins their game by more than 7.5 points. By taking an underdog (Villanova +5, for example), you’re betting that Villanova will win or lose by less than 5 points.
Generally speaking, the odds on point spread bets are -110, because the point spread equalizes the field quite a bit.
Totals Bets on March Madness
An interesting spin on March Madness betting is totals bets.
These bets are simple: Wager on a single game’s point total. Online sportsbooks will place over/under numbers for each game. Decide if you think that game’s final score–combined, between both teams–will go over or under the total.
The biggest difference in totals bets is that you’re not betting on a particular team to win. Also, many online sportsbooks include halftime totals, which is the same thing, except the total points scored by both teams in either the first half or second half.
Halftime points totals can be a big boon for players who are in-tune with how certain teams play. And if you’re watching the first half of a game and see how the play is going, it might be the right bet to make for the second half.
Prop Bets on March Madness
How to gamble on March Madness in the most exciting way possible? Prop bets have become very popular over the years, mostly developing from the many bets available each Super Bowl Sunday. While there aren’t quite as many prop bets in March Madness, there are a lot of creative bets that you can place if you want to deviate from the normal bets offered.
For bettors who like to stay loyal to their bracket pools, this is the perfect betting complement. The majority of these bets revolve around certain statistics. It’s good to know exactly what types of bets are offered at USA online sportsbooks. Here’s a breakdown:
- Player performance: At many sites, you can find prop bets for statistics. For example, you can bet on if a certain player will score more than 20 points or pull in more than 15 rebounds. Depending on the sportsbook you choose, the props don’t end there: You can bet on the total number of 3-pointers, assists, turnovers, blocks, even technical fouls, where available.
- Margin of victory or defeat: Maybe you think North Carolina is going to really beat that team in an opening-round game. The point spread is -12.5 but you think it will be even bigger than that. The same goes for a margin of defeat. Some sportsbooks will allow you to bet on these “alternative point spreads,” for bigger odds.
- Most Outstanding Player: At the outset of the NCAA Tournament–and even throughout, at some places–you can wager on which player will take home the Most Outstanding Player tournament. As teams get eliminated, the odds will change, and it’s good to know: The vast majority of the time, the Most Outstanding Player comes from the winning team, so you’ll need to get that one right first!
- Seeding bets: One of the best things about the NCAA Tournament are the upsets that happen. Bettors can wager on these upsets. For example, will a No. 16 seed beat a No. 1 seed this year? How many double-digit seeds will advance past the first round? Look for these prop bets at USA sportsbook sites.
- Overtime bets: This one is quite simple and can offer pretty favorable odds since the chances of a game going to overtime can be slim. Simply bet on if you think that March Madness game will go into overtime or not. Some sportsbooks even offer Overtime Insurance, meaning if the game you bet on goes to overtime, you’ll be insured to get your wager money back.
PRO TIP: One of the best ways to get familiar with March Madness prop bets is by following the field through the conference tournament round, which happens right before the NCAA Tournament draw.
By watching some of these teams play, you’ll be able to get a good feel on how each team plays: Are they a big 3-point shooting team? Do they have a lot of big players that can pull in rebounds? Are they strong defensively? All of these can give you an advantage in March Madness betting.
Futures Bets on March Madness
By now, the futures market has been hot for quite some time. Futures bets are a bet on a team to win the NCAA National Championship. Oftentimes, online sportsbooks begin accepting bets far away, even months before the season starts.
The opening lines for these teams may provide an opportunity to get great value on a team you feel is flying under the radar. Keep in mind that the odds for these bets will adjust frequently–so it may suit bettors to look for buy low opportunities which will cash out the most money in the future.
Parlay Bets on March Madness
Here’s where your March Madness bets get wild: With parlay bets.
Parlay bets are a group of at least two bets that are tied together to multiply odds and greatly increase the overall payout of bets. Winning parlay bets is also more difficult, because bettors need to win every leg of the parlay bet for it to cash out. So, for example, if you have a six-team parlay and win five of those bets, you’re still out of luck: You need to win every one.
Parlay bets are the true home run swing of March Madness betting. With parlay bets, the odds are multiplied together to provide a massive payout, in the case of a winner. For example, if you bet a $100 three-team parlay of moneyline bets, (two favorites at -150 and one underdog at +200), then that $100 would result in a $733 win.
While parlay bets provide the best opportunity for players to win big, it’s best to get familiar with Mach Madness betting first, because a lot needs to go right–and a lot can go wrong–to end up ruining a player’s parlay!
Live Betting on March Madness
With the rise in technology and many USA online sportsbooks embracing branded mobile applications and faster websites, a new, exciting form of March Madness has been gaining steam: Live betting.
Live betting is exactly how it sounds: You can bet on a March Madness game live, even after tip-off. Throughout the game, the odds change in real-time, which can provide bettors with an interesting advantage if they expect the outcome of the game to change.
For example, if a team struggles out of the gate, you should be able to find better odds if you think they’ll come back and win. Part of the beauty of the NCAA Tournament is that, with so many teams from different conferences playing, oftentimes the game is a bit of a crapshoot and it takes time for teams to adjust to the playing style of the other opponent.
While there are nuances with live betting, it’s certainly become more popular and figures to only increase as this year’s NCAA Tournament begins. Many believe it is the betting style of the future.
Understanding March Madness Betting Odds
As you have seen from our guide to types of bets on March Madness there is a diverse range of betting options. What they all have in common is that they have odds attached to them. Understanding odds is essential so you know how much money you stand to win and whether or not a bet is good value.
There are actually multiple different types of odds used by sportsbooks across the globe but we are going to focus on American odds as all the sites we have mentioned usually come with the odds displayed in American odds by default (although many do have the option of changing what format the odds are displayed in)
American odds are based on the theory of wagering $100 on a bet but bear in mind that you don’t need to wager $100 the odds are just a guide and can be scaled up or down depending on your bet. For every bet, you will see numbers accompanied by a plus (+) or minus (-) sign in front of them.
Odds that come with a plus sign in front of them mean the likelihood of it happening isn’t that certain. The + sign plus the number indicates how much you will win if you were to place a $100 bet.
For example, if you are betting on Purdue to make the final four of March madness at odds of +200; for every $100 wagered you will win $200 as profit. The total bet return on a $100 will be $300 ($200 profit plus your $100 stake). This can be scaled down for example if you were to place a $20 bet then you would receive $40 in profits $60 dollars total with your stake.
If you are placing a futures bet on the winner of the tournament before it’s likely every team will have a plus sign as it’s hard to predict who of the 64 teams will be champion. If you are betting on the overall winner of a game the team with a + sign in front is the underdog meaning they are less likely to win the game.
A minus sign indicates that the outcome is more likely. The number with the minus sign indicates how much you would need to bet to win $100. So if a team’s odds to win a game were -150 and you placed a $150 bet on them to win and it came in you would make $100 and receive $250 total ($150 stake + $100 profit).
NCAA Tournament Schedule – 2023 March Madness Schedule
Here is the schedule for the 2023 NCAA Tournament:
Round Date City Arena Selection Sunday March 12 N/A N/A First Four March 14 & 15 Dayton, Ohio UD Arena First/Second March 16 & 18 Birmingham, AL Legacy Arena First/Second March 16 & 18 Des Moines, IA Wells Fargo Arena First/Second March 16 & 18 Orlando, FL Amway Center First/Second March 16 & 18 Sacramento, CA Golden 1 Center First/Second March 17 & 19 Albany, NY MVP Arena First/Second March 17 & 19 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena First/Second March 17 & 19 Denver, CO Ball Arena First/Second March 17 & 19 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum West Regional March 23 & 25 Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena East Regional March 23 & 25 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Midwest Regional March 24 & 26 Kansas City, MO T-Mobile Center South Regional March 24 & 26 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center Final Four April 1 & 3 Houston, TX NRG Stadium
How March Madness Betting Works
By now, you’re well-versed on the different types of March Madness bets and how to find the bets that are best for you. In reality, betting on the NCAA Tournament is no different than betting on other major sporting events. It boils down to picking winners. The biggest difference, of course, is the tournament format, the teams and everybody’s favorite sports challenge: March Madness Brackets. Below, we’ll get into how it all works:
March Madness Teams
“Selection Sunday” is one of the biggest dates on the sporting calendar: That’s the day in which all 68 teams of the NCAA Tournament will be revealed, along with their seeds (No. 1 to No. 16) in four different brackets and the locations of where these games will be played.
Though the vast majority of teams will already know their NCAA Tournament fate, there will always be late teams to gain entry “on the bubble” and other teams that get left out. If a team wins their conference tournament, they receive an automatic bid to the tournament. Generally, the bigger conferences, like the Big Ten and SEC and ACC, will receive multiple bids.
This year, Selection Sunday is slated for March 12, 2023.
March Madness Games
There is no competition in sports quite like the NCAA Tournament. At face value, it is a single-elimination tournament between 68 teams. The bracket, however, consists of 64 teams: In recent years, the NCAA added two “play-in” games for the final two spots.
For those of you familiar with playoff series, every March Madness game is like a Game 7: It’s win or go home, which is why so much is at stake in every game. The 64 teams are seeded from No. 1 to No. 16, in four separate brackets.
Don’t get so caught up in the seeds, though: The absolute best part of March Madness is when a “Cinderella team” crashes the party of a higher-seeded team. Many times, teams get under-seeded because they play in smaller conferences without national exposure. It’s good to know what those teams are.
The games are played every week, from Thursday to Sunday. It starts with the first two rounds and then the field dwindles to 16 (Sweet Sixteen), 8 (Elite Eight) and then 4 (The Final Four). This year’s Final Four will take place on Apr. 1 and 3 in Houston, culminating with the National Championship game.
How to Gamble on March Madness – March Madness Brackets
The timeless tradition of the NCAA Tournament is filling out a March Madness bracket and entering it in a pool with friends, family and co-workers. But with USA online sportsbooks, you can now join bracket pools that are much larger, with much bigger payouts.
And if you don’t want to put money on the March Madness bracket, there are also a lot of free NCAA bracket contests online, which you can find at your favorite sports website.
In filling out a March Madness bracket, players will pick every one of the NCAA Tournament’s 63 games, beginning with the first round. Generally speaking, bracket submissions must be made before the opening Tuesday of the NCAA Tournament.
Whether you play in a smaller bracket pool or online at websites like ESPN and Yahoo or at a USA online sportsbook, filling out a bracket has become one of sports’ best traditions. By filling out a bracket, you’re guaranteed to have interest in every single NCAA Tournament game, which many count as among the most exciting college basketball games all season.
If you’re in it for the money, just know: It’s incredibly difficult to win a bracket pool. While there will always be a winner, it gets exponentially less likely when you jump into a big bracket pool, because there are so many players and only a fixed number of outcomes–especially when you factor in seeding.
But those big March Madness pools at USA online sportsbooks can provide winnings of up to six figures.
PRO TIP: When you’re filling out a bracket, make sure you pay attention to every single game. When you get closer to the top of a bracket pool, the smaller games will make a big difference.
Of course, you need your Final Four picks to advance deep into the tournament, but generally speaking, a lot of the top placers will have multiple Final Four teams. That means, games you might just brush off can pay huge dividends in winning. Many times, the difference between winning and losing a bracket pool can come down to one or two points.
How to Fill Out a March Madness Bracket
Filling out a March Madness bracket is a painless process, but the research that goes into making sure it’s a good bracket is the most important part. Here’s a quick primer on how to fill out a March Madness bracket:
- Get your bracket: Whether you’re in a small pool and need to fill out a printed bracket by hand or an online pool at a sports website or USA online sportsbook to fill out digitally, make sure you have enough time to put in your picks.
- Complete your bracket: Once the 68-team NCAA Tournament is announced on “Selection Sunday,” which is set for March 12, 2023, now it’s time to put all that research to good use and make your winning picks.
- Meet the deadline: Generally speaking, all March Madness brackets must be submitted by the first game of the tournament, which is on March 14. Make sure you know when the bracket pool closes: Sometimes, it can be five minutes before the first tip-off.
March Madness Betting Apps
Nowadays having a top-quality March Madness betting app is essential for anyone wanting to gamble on the NCAA tournament. You want to be able to bet on games and capitalize on live betting opportunities whenever and wherever you are. Betting apps make it quick and easy to place bets with just a few taps of a finger.
The best March Madness gambling apps or mobile-optimized sites should offer all the same features that are delivered on their main websites. This includes being able to sign up and claim bonuses, having all the same March Madness betting lines available, and most importantly having a user-friendly live in-play betting feature so users can place games on live action.
All of the sites reviewed on this page have excellent betting apps or mobile sites but BetOnline and Bovada are the standouts. NCAA basketball fans can browse through the selection of sports betting apps available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store or head to their favorite sportsbook for download instructions.
March Madness Strategy & Tips
With so many potential upsets and a more even playing field than ever before, here are a few tips on how to develop a betting strategy for knowing how to bet on March Madness better:
- Do your research: This, by far, is the best way to build your strategy on how to gamble on March Madness. Anywhere you look, there will be information about the tournament: Internet, television, podcasts, you name it. Nothing is off-limits: Teams, players and coaches will be discussed, as well as the potential seedings of matchups. It doesn’t require a day’s worth of time to get up to speed on things: If you simply spend a few minutes here and there, you’ll have a better grasp of how to bet on March Madness. Knowing this information will put you in a strong position instead of just following the seedings, general opinions or making a bet based on your gut feeling. Information is your friend!
- Know the information: Even though there is a plethora of March Madness information available to bettors, as we just mentioned, it’s imperative that you know where the information is coming from. For example, only take stock in trusted sources of information and know that at many websites, you may be reading a biased, fan-based view of the situation. Obviously, fans have an emotional stake in the teams they follow, so their information tends to be less reliable. The best rule of thumb is this: Stick to reporters and websites that report objectively, with little to no bias. Why? Because then you know you’re getting the best information without any influence. Another best practice is to compare the odds on multiple websites, so you can find the best one for your bet.
- Get a bonus or promotion: The question isn’t WHY you should get a March Madness bonus or promotion to begin betting at an online sportsbook… the question is WHY NOT? As sportsbooks try to attract more players in a competitive environment, bonuses and promotions become more lucrative for players. The betting sites we have included on our website all have valuable bonus and promotion offers to start off with. While the bonuses and promotions vary from sportsbook to sportsbook and have different terms and conditions attached, there is no downside in taking advantage of these offers, which will give you better opportunities to win your bets.
- Find the best odds: We briefly mentioned this above but decided it needed its own bullet-point: In order to be successful at betting March Madness, you’re going to have to do some leg work in terms of finding the best odds for your game. Generally speaking, the odds are pretty consistent across the board at online sportsbooks, but finding a favorable spread can pay huge dividends for you in the future. Say you get an extra half point on the underdog of your choice, that can be the difference between winning and losing. Of course, you’ll have to browse around and find other sportsbooks you’re comfortable with, but that’s just a small task compared to the big winnings you may earn.
- Watch the games: Out of all the tips we have for March Madness betting success, this is perhaps the best–and definitely the most fun: Watch the games! Yes, as the late season leads to the conference tournaments and ultimately, the NCAA Tournament, you’ll want to train your eye on the action on the floor and see for yourself what you like about the teams, their players, and the way they play. Watching NCAA basketball certainly isn’t mandatory for winning bets, but it will help you make confident decisions because you’ve seen these teams play already. Oftentimes, bettors make blind bets without seeing exactly how each team plays. Also, you may be able to pick something up that you won’t be able to find elsewhere, that you can use to your advantage.
What is the Best March Madness Betting Option?
Finding the best March Madness betting site is really a matter of preference. With so many online sportsbooks available, you’ll need to ask yourself what you’re looking for. Is it the best bonus? If so, then BetUS is your option. The most prop bets? BetOnline has you covered there. A sportsbook that fills your March Madness betting needs and provides online casino? Bovada is your choice.
After reading our reviews and complete guide, you’ll be well-versed on what you need to make your choice. Overall we recommend BetOnline but it comes down to what you’re looking for, but each of our Top 10 online sportsbooks offers a unique betting experience on March Madness. Good luck!
50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus
How to Gamble on March Madness – FAQs
How do you bet on March Madness?
It’s easy. In order how to gamble on March Madness, first find the online sportsbook that best fits your needs and register for an account. Make sure there is a valuable welcome bonus attached, claim your bonus and start making your picks!
How do you win money in March Madness?
A good start is by researching the teams and players involved in the NCAA Tournament. The more information you know about the games, the better chance you’ll have to place winning bets and take home real money during March Madness.
Can you bet on college basketball?
Yes. It is legal to bet on college basketball in the USA and on off-shore sports books. In fact, March Madness betting is one of the most popular sporting events to bet on in the world!
How do you place a March Madness bracket?
March Madness brackets are one of the best traditions out there. Whether it’s in a small group of friends or family or joining a major bracket pool, simply pick the winner of every NCAA Tournament game and watch how it all unfolds.
Shortly after graduating with an Honors in Business Administration, Nick turned his attention from traditional stocks and bonds to investing in the performance of sports teams. He uses a combination of advanced stats and historical data to create sports investment models to identify value and generate consistent profits. Nick's work can also be found at Pistons Powered, SafeBettingSites, Winners And Whiners, and more.
- Memphis Basketball Recruiting: Can Penny Hardaway Land Carmelo Anthony’s Son, Kiyan Anthony?
- Heat have a flight scheduled to Denver after Game 7 against Celtics
- USA Basketball: Loaded U16 Roster Prepares For FIBA 2023 in Mexico
- Suns Sit Idle as Bucks, 76ers Name New Head Coaches
- 76ers Name Former Raptors Head Man Nick Nurse as Their Next Head Coach