|Josh McRoberts (waived)||$6,021,175|
|Dennis Smith Jr.||$3,218,280|
|Jeff Withey (waived)||$588,120|
|Gal Mekel (waived)||$315,758|
|Aaron Harrison (expired 10-day)||$83,129|
|Scotty Hopson (expired 10-day)||$74,159|
|Jameel Warney (expired 10-day)||$46,080|
|Kyle Collinsworth (expired 10-day)||$46,080|
|Kyle Collinsworth (expired 10-day)||$46,080|
|Jonathan Motley (two-way)|
|Jalen Jones (two-way)|
Quick: Under the cap by $14.0 million.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-way
PG: J.J Barea, Kyle Collinsworth, Dennis Smith Jr. (injured)
SG: Dorian Finney-Smith, Yogi Ferrell, Aaron Harrison, Seth Curry (injured)
SF: Harrison Barnes, Doug McDermott, Jalen Jones (two-way), Wesley Matthews (injured)
PF: Dwight Powell, Maxi Kleber, Johnathan Motley (two-way)
C: Dirk Nowitzki, Salah Mejri, Nerlens Noel
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Spud Webb president of basketball operations, Coach Bob MacKinnon)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Two-Way Players: Johnathan Motley (two-year), Jalen Jones (two-year)
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle (through the 2020-21 season)
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley, Larry Shyatt
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — owner
- Donn Nelson — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Kristy Laue — manager of team operations
- Michael Finley — assistant vice president of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Mason Plumlee). Higher pick of Sacramento Kings and Blazers pick to Kings, lower to Dallas (Tyreke Evans, Robin Lopez, Emmanuel Mudiay).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Zaza Pachulia).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut), Mavericks can delay this pick to 2020.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nerlens Noel).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Josh McRoberts).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $5.1 from Miami HEAT (Josh McRoberts)
- 6/23/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Nerlens Noel.
- 6/24/17 — Picked up team option on Yogi Ferrell.
- 6/28/17 — Picked up team option on DeAndre Liggins.
- 6/28/17 — Traded DeAndre Liggins to Houston Rockets for $175,000.
- 6/29/17 — Traded Jarrod Uthoff to Houston Rockets for cash (TBD).
- 6/29/17 — Declined team option on Dirk Nowitzki.
- 7/3/17 — Signed Johnathan Motley to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Dennis Smith Jr. (2017-9th) to a rookie-scale $17,188,557 contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Dirk Nowitzki to a two-year, $10 million contract, team option on second season.
- 7/6/17 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guaranteed at $100,000 for 2017-18.
- 7/7/17 — Traded A.J. Hammons to Miami HEAT for Josh McRoberts, a 2023 second-rounder and $5.1 million.
- 7/12/17 — Salah Mejri’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/12/17 — Signed Maxi Kleber to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/31/17 — Signed Brandon Ashley to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (exhibits nine and 10).
- 7/31/17 — Signed Gian Clavell to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (exhibits nine and 10).
- 7/31/17 — Signed P.J. Dozier to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract (exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/7/17 — Signed Maalik Wayns to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,471,382 summer contract (exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/21/17 — Signed Jeff Withey to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $3,372,245 contract.
- 8/28/17 — Signed Nerlens Noel to a one-year, $4,187,599 contract.
- 10/13/17 — Signed Jameel Warney to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/16/17 — Converted Gian Clavell to a two-way contract.
- 10/17/17 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guaranteed for $150,000.
- 11/17/17 — Signed Antonius Cleveland to a two-way contract.
- 12/5/17 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s salary guaranteed for $200,000.
- 12/19/17 — Signed Kyle Collinsworth to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 1/10/18 — Devin Harris’ $4,402,546 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Claimed Jalen Jones off waivers (New Orleans Pelicans)
- 1/13/18 — Signed Kyle Collinsworth to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 1/24/18 — Signed Kyle Collinsworth to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Devin Harris to Denver Nuggets for a 2018 second-rounder and Doug McDermott from New York Knicks.
- 2/8/18 — Signed Kyle Collinsworth to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,287,066 contract.
- 3/8/18 — Signed Scotty Hopson to a 10-day, $74,159 contract.
- 3/11/18 — Signed Jameel Warney to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/22/18 — Signed Aaron Harrison to a 10-day, $83,129 contract.
- 4/1/18 — Signed Aaron Harrison for the rest of the season at $91,442.
- 4/30/18 — Wesley Matthews opted into his contract.
Waived Players: Nicolas Brussino (claimed by Atlanta Hawks), P.J. Dozier, Jameel Warney, Maalik Wayns, Brandon Ashley, Gian Clavell (two-way with $50,00 guaranteed), Jeff Withey, Antonius Cleveland (two-way), Kyle Collinsworth, Josh McRoberts
Traded Players: DeAndre Liggins, Jarrod Uthoff, Devin Harris
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Kyle Collinsworth (two), Scotty Hopson, Jameel Warney, Aaron Harrison
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th, cap hold $1,394,520)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Stanko Barac (2007-39th), Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th)
Arena: American Airlines Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
No-Trade: Dirk Nowitzki
- Harrison Barnes — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/7/18)
- London Johnson signs two-year contract with G League Ignite
- 76ers guard James Harden on his explosiveness: “It’s getting there”
- Lakers have ‘seriously considered’ trading Russell Westbrook
- Adelaide 36ers become first NBL team to defeat an NBA team
- Ben Simmons to make Brooklyn Nets debut vs 76ers on Monday