|Tim Hardaway Jr.||$19,200,127|
|Zach Randolph (waived)||$11,692,308|
|Chinanu Onuaku (waived)||$1,544,951|
|Salah Mejri (waived)||$1,512,601|
|Ray Spalding (waived)||$838,464|
|Ding Yanyuhang (waived)||$4,737|
|Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way)|
|Daryl Macon (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap but can get under by $12.6 million.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Jalen Brunson, Trey Burke, Devin Harris, J.J Barea (injured)
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr., Ryan Broekhoff, Courtney Lee, Daryl Macon (two-way)
SF: Luka Doncic, Justin Jackson
PF: Dorian Finney-Smith, Dirk Nowitzki, Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way), Kristaps Porzingis (injured)
C: Maxi Kleber, Dwight Powell, Salah Mejri
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wesley Matthews, expiring 1/31/20) — $1,233,152
- Trade Exception (Harrison Barnes, expiring 2/7/20) — $21,299,378
Waived Players: Kyle Collinsworth, Jalen Jones (two-way), Chinanu Onuaku, Terry Larrier, Codi Miller-McIntyre, Jalen Jones, Ding Yanyuhang (twice), Donte Ingram, Rashad Vaughn, Ray Spalding, Salah Mejri, Zach Randolph
Traded Players: Jonathan Motley (two-way), DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr., Harrison Barnes
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Spud Webb president of basketball operations, Coach Bob MacKinnon)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Two-Way Players: Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-year), Daryl Macon (two-year)
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle (through the 2020-21 season)
Assistants: Kaleb Canales, Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley, Larry Shyatt, Jenny Boucek, Stephen Silas
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — owner
- Donn Nelson — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Kristy Laue — manager of team operations
- Michael Finley — assistant vice president of basketball operations
- 2019 — Owed the highest second-rounder (top-39 protected otherwise $500,000) from Houston Rockets or Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-5 protected through 2020, top-3 protected through 2022, unprotected in 2023) to Atlanta Hawks.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Nerlens Noel).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder (two-years after the obligation to the Atlanta Hawks) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Josh McRoberts).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2025, two-years after the prior obligation to the New York Knicks, otherwise converts to a 2025 second-rounder) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $50,000 from Los Angeles Clippers (Jonathan Motley); $2,044,951 from Houston Rockets ($500,000 conditional, Chinanu Onuaku) — $3,148,049 remaining
- 4/30/18 — Wesley Matthews opted into his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Trae Young (5th), Jalen Brunson (33rd) and Shake Milton (54th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Trae Young (2018-5th) and a protected first-rounder to Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Luka Doncic (2018-3rd).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Shake Milton (2018-54th) to Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Ray Spalding (2018-56th) and Kostas Antetokounmpo (2018-60th).
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Doug McDermott, Salah Mejri and Yogi Ferrell.
- 6/27/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Doug McDermott.
- 6/28/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Salah Mejri.
- 6/30/18 — Declined the team option on the final season of Dirk Nowitzki’s contract.
- 7/6/18 — Removed Petteri Koponen (2007-30th) from the team’s 2018-19 cap, he cannot sign until July 2019.
- 7/6/18 — Renounced the rights to Dirk Nowitzki, Salah Mejri, Aaron Harrison and Nerlens Noel.
- 7/6/18 — Signed DeAndre Jordan to a one-year, $22,897,000 contract.
- 7/9/18 — Signed Luka Doncic (2018-3rd) to a $32,467,751 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/18 — Dorian Finney-Smith’s $1,544,951 million guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Yogi Ferrell.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Kosta Antetokounmpo (2018-60th) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/15/18 — Maxi Kleber’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Jalen Brunson (2018-33rd) to a partially-guaranteed four-year $6,112,500 contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Ray Spalding (2018-56th) to a partially-guaranteed four-year $5,721,234 contract.
- 7/23/18 — Re-signed Dirk Nowitzki to a one-year $5 million contract.
- 7/23/18 — Signed Ding Yanyuhang to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/23/18 — Traded Jonathan Motley (two-way) and the rights to Renaldas Seibutis (2007-50th) to Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th) and $50,000.
- 7/30/18 — Signed Daryl Macon to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/31/18 — Signed Terry Larrier to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 8/1/18 — Signed Codi Miller-McIntyre to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 8/2/18 — Traded the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th) to Houston Rockets for Chinanu Onuaku, $1,544,951 and either 2020 second-round swap rights or $500,000.
- 8/3/18 — Signed Salah Mejri to a one-year $1,567,007 minimum contract.
- 8/6/18 — Signed Ryan Broekhoff to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,282,306 minimum contract.
- 8/7/18 — Signed Devin Harris to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 8/10/18 — Re-signed Jalen Jones to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/8/18 — Signed Rashad Vaughn to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 10/8/18 — Signed Donte Ingram a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/18 — Signed Ding Yanyuhang to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Picked up the team option on Dennis Smith Jr.
- 1/31/19 — Traded DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews and Dennis Smith Jr., and two first-rounders to the New York Knicks for Kristaps Porzingis, Trey Burke, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Harrison Barnes to the Sacramento Kings for Zach Randolph and Justin Jackson.
- 2/10/19 — Re-signed Salah Mejri to for the rest of the season at $531,189.
- 3/11/19 — J.J. Barea disabled player exception expired.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), Stanko Barac (2007-39th)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: American Airlines Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/16/19)