|Tim Hardaway Jr.||$20,025,127|
|Justin Patton (waived)||$1,620,564|
|Ryan Broekhoff (waived)||$1,416,852|
|Ray Spalding (waived)||$708S,426|
|Trey Burke (substitute)||$183,115|
|Josh Reaves (two-way)|
|Antonius Cleveland (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap. Hard capped by the Delon Wright sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one substitute contract, two two-ways
PG: Delon Wright, JJ Barea, Trey Burke (substitute) Jalen Brunson (injured)
SG: Luka Doncic, Seth Curry, Josh Reaves (two-way), Antonius Cleveland (two-way), Courtney Lee (injured)
SF: Tim Hardaway Jr., Justin Jackson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Dorian Finney-Smith, Maxi Kleber, Dwight Powell (injured)
C: Kristaps Porzingis, Boban Marjanovic, Willie Cauley-Stein (opted out)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $296,620 (Seth Curry, Isaiah Roby)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $123,000 (Boban Marjanovic)
Waived Players: Daryl Macon (two-way), Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way, claimed by the Los Angeles Lakers), Yudai Baba, Aric Holman, Dakota Mathias, Chad Brown, Justin Patton, Ryan Broekhoff
Traded Players: Isaiah Roby
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (Spud Webb president of basketball operations, Coach Bob MacKinnon)
Two-Way Players: Josh Reaves, Antonius Cleveland
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
Assistants: Darrell Armstrong, Jamahl Mosley, Larry Shyatt, Jenny Boucek, Stephen Silas
Trainer: Casey Smith, Dionne Calhoun (assistant)
- Mark Cuban — owner
- Donn Nelson — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Kristy Laue — manager of team operations
- Michael Finley — assistant vice president of basketball operations
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors or Houston Rockets (TBD).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Golden State Warriors (Nerlens Noel, Alec Burks).
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Josh McRoberts).
- 2023 — Owe the lower second-rounder (Miami HEAT or Mavericks) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Delon Wright).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2025, otherwise converts to a 2025 second-rounder) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $800,000 to the Dallas Mavericks (Isaiah Roby) — $4,817,000 remaining
- 5/14/19 — Received the 37th pick in the draft lottery.
- 6/18/19 — Dwight Powell opted into his $10,259,375 salary.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Deividas Sirvydis (37th).
- 6/26/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Kristaps Porzingis, Dorian Finney-Smith and Maxi Kleber.
- 6/27/19 — Traded the rights to Deividas Sirvydis (37th) to the Detroit Pistons for the rights to Isaiah Roby (45th), a 2020 second-rounder and a 2021 second-rounder.
- 6/29/19 — Ryan Broekhoff’s $1,416,852 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Dwight Powell to a three-year $33,240,375 extension.
- 7/6/19 — Removed Petteri Koponen (2007-30th) from their salary cap.
- 7/8/19 — Traded the rights to Satnam Singh (2015-52nd), a 2021 Portland Trail Blazers second-rounder, a 2023 second-rounder (lower of the Miami HEAT and Mavericks) for Delon Wright (via sign and trade) on a three-year $30,149,000 contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/10/19 — Signed Seth Curry to a four-year $32 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Dorian Finney-Smith to a three-year $12 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Maxi Kleber to a partially-guaranteed four-year $35,900,000 contract.
- 7/12/19 — Re-signed Kristaps Porzingis to a five-year $158,253,000 contract.
- 7/21/19 — Waived Kostas Antetokounmpo (two-way), claimed by the Los Angeles Lakers.
- 7/23/19 — Signed Boban Marjanovic to a two-year $7 million contract.
- 7/24/19 — Signed Antonius Cleveland to a two-way contract.
- 7/26/19 — Waived Daryl Macon (two-way).
- 7/26/19 — Signed Dakota Mathias to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/29/19 — Signed Josh Reaves to a two-way contract.
- 8/7/19 — Signed Isaiah Roby (2019-45th) to a partially-guaranteed $6,731,283 contract, team option on final season.
- 8/19/19 — Re-signed J.J. Barea to a one-year $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 8/29/19 — Claimed Aric Holman off waivers (Los Angeles Laker).
- 9/18/19 — Signed Yudai Baba to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/19 — Picked up the third-year option on Luka Doncic.
- 9/23/19 — Picked up the fourth-year option on Justin Jackson.
- 10/12/19 — Waived Yudai Baba.
- 10/15/19 — Waived Aric Holman and Dakota Mathias.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Chad Brown to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Chad Brown.
- 1/24/20 — Traded Isaiah Roby to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Justin Patton and $800,000.
- 1/25/20 — Waived Justin Patton.
- 1/25/20 — Traded a Utah Jazz 2020 second-rounder to the Golden State Warriors for Willie Cauley-Stein.
- 1/31/20 — Wesley Matthews trade exception ($1,233,152) expired.
- 2/7/20 — Harrison Barnes trade exception ($9,648,211) expired.
- 2/11/20 — Waived Ryan Broekhoff.
- 2/11/20 — Signed Michael Kidd-Gilchrist for the rest of the season at $798,478.
- 7/1/20 — Signed Trey Burke to a $229,220 substitute contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- Kristaps Porzingis — five percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Dirk Nowitzki ($9,500,000), Salah Mejri ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Devin Harris ($1,620,564)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- Second rounders: Stanko Barac (2007-39th)
Arena: American Airlines Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/28/20)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Lakers More Interested in DeMar DeRozan than Zach LaVine
- Jrue Holiday Averaging Career-High in Rebounds Per Game
- Four Things With Frank: Alperen Şengün’s Scoring Leap, An Intriguing Cavs Lineup And More
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) could make season debut Saturday vs. Cavaliers