|Josh Smith (stretched)||$5,331,729|
|Danny Granger (waived)||$2,170,465|
|Cartier Martin (waived)||$1,270,964|
|Lorenzo Brown (expired 10-days)||$111,444|
|Justin Harper (expired 10-days)||$99,418|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$21.7 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Reggie Jackson, Steve Blake, Spencer Dinwiddie, Lorenzo Brown
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Jodie Meeks (injured)
SF: Tobias Harris, Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock, Darrun Hilliard
PF: Marcus Morris, Anthony Tolliver
C: Andre Drummond, Aron Baynes, Joel Anthony
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline for Andre Drummond.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 7/13/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Lorenzo Brown.
- 7/15/16 — Darrun Hilliard’s $875k salary guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Reggie Bullock.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Stanley Johnson.
- 11/1/16 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees for $250k for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Joel Anthony’s $2.5 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Lorenzo Brown’s $1,015,696 guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/20/17 (or two days after the team’s final game) — player option for Aron Baynes.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Spencer Dinwiddie, Reggie Bullock and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/1/17 — Darrun Hilliard’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Stanley Johnson.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Darrun Hilliard.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Stanley Johnson.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/1/15 — Cartier Martin opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/11/15 — Traded Caron Butler and Shawne Williams to Milwaukee Bucks for Ersan Ilyasova.
- 6/24/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Reggie Jackson.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Stanley Johnson with the eighth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Darrun Hilliard with the 38th pick in the draft.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Greg Monroe, Joel Anthony, Tayshaun Prince and John Lucas III.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2020 second-rounder to Phoenix Suns for Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Aron Baynes to a three-year, $18.8 million Contract.
- 7/13/15 — Traded Steve Blake to Detroit Pistons for Quincy Miller.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Darrun Hilliard (2015-38th, signing) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Joel Anthony to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $5.0 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Reggie Jackson to a five-year, $80 million deal.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Stanley Johnson (2015-8th) to a $12.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/23/15 — Signed Adonis Thomas to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 9/11/15 — Signed Eric Griffin to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/15 — Signed Jordan Bachynski to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/25/15 — Signed Ryan Boatright to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/25/15 — Exercised options on Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (fourth-year) and Reggie Bullock (fourth-year)
- 2/16/16 — Traded Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova to Orlando Magic for Tobias Harris.
- 2/18/16 — Traded Joel Anthony to Philadelphia 76ers and a protected 2016 first-rounder to Houston Rockets for Donatas Motiejunas and Marcus Thornton.
- 2/22/16 — Three-way trade with Philadelphia and Houston Rockets rescinded.
- 2/24/16 — Signed Justin Harper to a $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 3/5/16 — Signed Justin Harper to a second $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 3/18/16 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a $55,722 10-day contract.
- 3/28/16 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a second $55,722 10-day contract.
- 4/13/16 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a partially-guaranteed, two-year $1,021,268 contract.
Waived Players: Eric Griffin, Jordan Bachynski, Adonis Thomas, Cartier Martin, Ryan Boatright, Danny Granger, Justin Harper (expired 10-days)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014/15 season)
Assistants: Brendan Malone, Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning)
- Stan Van Gundy — President of Basketball Operations
- Jeff Bower — General Manager
- Brian Wright — Assistant General Manager
- Ken Catanella — Directory of Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Reggie Jackson).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Marcus Morris).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive
(Updated on 4/25/16)
- Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer pleased with DeMarre Carroll
- Pelicans coach Willie Green: “Zion Williamson looked amazing”
- Lakers expected to pursue Irving, Grant, Turner, and Wiggins in 2023
- Jamal Crawford is frontrunner to replace Dwyane Wade on NBA on TNT
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list