|Josh Smith (waived)||$5,331,729|
|Stefan Jankovic (waived)||$30,000|
|Trey Freeman (waived)||$25,000|
|Ray McCallum (waived)||$11,949|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Beno Udrih
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Darrun Hilliard, Michael Gbinije
SF: Tobias Harris, Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock (injured)
PF: Marcus Morris, Jon Leuer, Henry Ellenson
C: Andre Drummond, Aron Baynes, Boban Marjanovic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/17/16 — Traded Spencer Dinwiddie to Detroit Pistons for Cameron Bairstow.
- 6/23/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Andre Drummond.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Henry Ellenson (18th) and Michael Gbinije (49th).
- 6/29/16 — Traded Jodie Meeks to Orlando Magic for a 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Steve Blake and Anthony Tolliver.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jon Leuer to a four-year, $42 million contract (with $1 million of unlikely incentives TBD).
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ish Smith to a three-year, $18 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Boban Marjanovic to a three-year, $21 million Arenas-rule offer sheet (San Antonio Spurs).
- 7/12/16 — Signed Boban Marjanovic to a three-year, $21 million contract.
- 7/15/16 — Darrun Hilliard’s $874,63 salary guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Andre Drummond to a five-year, $127.2 million contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Henry Ellenson (2016-18th) to an $8.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/25/16 — Signed Ray McCallum to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,015,696 summer contract.
- 9/14/16 — Signed Nikola Jovanovic to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($30,000).
- 9/14/16 — Signed Trey Freeman to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($25,000).
- 10/20/16 — Picked up Stanley Johnson’s third-year option.
- 10/22/16 — Signed Mamadou N’Diaye to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/24/16 — Claimed Beno Udrih off waivers (Miami HEAT).
Waived Players: Joel Anthony, Cameron Bairstow, Nikola Jovanovic, Trey Freeman, Lorenzo Brown, Ray McCallum, Mamadou N’Diaye
Traded Players: Spencer Dinwiddie, Jodie Meeks
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014-15 season)
Assistants: Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen, Aaron Gray, Otis Smith (director of player development/assistant coach)
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning), Jordan Sabourin (head strength coach), Louis Thompson (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Stan Van Gundy — president of basketball operations
- Jeff Bower — general manager
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Adam Glessner — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Reggie Jackson), may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Tibor Pleiss).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks), lowest of Orlando Magic, Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman), and New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets (Kyle O’Quinn)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Boston Celtics (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Rex Walters coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/17)
- Pacers’ Myles Turner: ‘I build Legos, I’ve gone through 120K Legos since the season started’
- Pistons, Spurs, and Wizards are a combined 1-48 in their last 49 games
- Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA player with 350+ points, 50+ assists, 25+ steals, & 50+ blocks in 1st 20 games
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine