|Josh Smith (stretched)||$5,331,729|
|Michael Gbinije (waived)||$500,000|
|Beno Udrih (waived)||$25,000|
|Kay Felder (two-way)|
|Reggie Hearn (two-way)|
Quick: Currently over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
- Trade Exception (Darrun Hilliard, expiring 6/28/18) — $874,636
- Trade Exception (Boban Marjanovic, expiring 1/29/19) — $7,000,000
- Trade Exception (Willie Reed, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Trade Exception (Brice Johnson, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,331,160
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Langston Galloway, Eric Moreland)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Anthony Tolliver)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ish Smith, Jameer Nelson, Dwight Buycks, Kay Felder (two-way), Reggie Jackson (injured)
SG: Reggie Bullock, Langston Galloway, Luke Kennard, Reggie Hearn (two-way)
SF: Stanley Johnson. James Ennis
PF: Blake Griffin, Anthony Tolliver, Henry Ellenson, Jon Leuer (injured)
C: Andre Drummond, Eric Moreland
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Drive (Jon Phelps general manager, Bob Werdann coach)
Two-Way Players: Kay Felder (one-year), Reggie Hearn (two years)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Stan Van Gundy (five-year, $25-30 million contract starting for 2014-15 season)
Assistants: Bob Beyer, Charles Klask, Tim Hardaway, Malik Allen, Aaron Gray, Rex Walters, Otis Smith (director of player development/assistant coach)
Trainer: Jon Ishop, Anthony Harvey (strength and conditioning), Jordan Sabourin (head strength coach), Louis Thompson (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Stan Van Gundy — president of basketball operations
- Jeff Bower — general manager
- Pat Garrity — associate general manager
- Adam Glessner — director, player personnel
- J.R. Holden — director, international scouting
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-four protected through 2020, unprotected in 2021) to Los Angeles Clippers (Blake Griffin).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Marcus Morris, Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2020 — Chicago Bulls can swap second-rounders (Jameer Nelson).
- 2020 — Memphis Grizzlies can swap second-rounders (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second to Memphis (Jameer Nelson).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/20/17 — Aron Baynes opted out of his contract.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Luke Kennard (12th)
- 6/23/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 6/28/17 — Traded Darrun Hilliard to Houston Rockets for $1.0 million.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Luke Kennard (2017-12th) to a $15,135,546 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Langston Galloway to a three-year, $21 million contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Eric Moreland to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($500,000) $5,478,900 contract.
- 7/7/17 — Withdrew qualifying offer and renounced the rights to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/7/17 — Renounced the rights to Aron Baynes and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.
- 7/7/17 — Traded Marcus Morris to Boston Celtics for Avery Bradley and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Anthony Tolliver to a one-year, $3,290,000 contract.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Reggie Bullock on a partially-guaranteed two-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Luis Montero to a two-way contract.
- 7/26/17 — Signed Landry Nnoko to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 7/27/17 — Signed Derek Willis to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 8/3/17 — Signed Jason Maxiell to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 9/6/17 — Signed Dwight Buycks to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/15/17 — Eric Moreland’s salary guaranteed at $750,000.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Beno Udrih to a partially-guaranteed $2,328,652 contract.
- 10/15/17 — Picked up team options on Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson.
- 10/17/17 — Eric Moreland’s salary guaranteed at $1,000,000.
- 1/10/18 — Eric Moreland’s $1,739,333 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/12/18 — Signed Dwight Buycks to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,348,680 contract.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Kay Felder to a two-way contract.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Reggie Hearn to a two-way contract.
- 1/29/18 — Traded Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, a protected 2018 first-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers for Blake Griffin, Willie Reed and Brice Johnson.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Willie Reed and 2020 second-round swap rights to Chicago Bulls for Jameer Nelson.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Brice Johnson and swap rights on a 2022 second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies for James Ennis via the Jon Leuer disabled player exception.
Waived Players: Michael Gbinije, Jason Maxiell, Larry Nnoko, Derek Willis, Beno Udrih, Luis Montero (two-way)
Traded Players: Darrun Hilliard, Marcus Morris, Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Willie Reed, Brice Johnson
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: None
Arena: Little Caesars Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Andre Drummond — 8 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/7/18)
- Warriors, Klay Thompson have not exchanged any official offers or counteroffers for extension
- Heat’s Offseason Deemed A Failure If Damian Lillard Isn’t Added?
- Mavs coach Jason Kidd is ‘hopeful’ Luka Doncic’s injury won’t prevent him from starting next season
- Will the Celtics trade 2022-23 NBA Sixth Man of the Year recipient Malcolm Brogdon?
- Kevin Durant on fans who believe the EuroLeague is harder than NBA: ‘Y’all are insane’